Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Bay Ride Mitusbishi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2003, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bay Ride Mitusbishi

I have been throwing around the idea on trading in my Honda S2000 for an Evo or an STI for quite some time.

After shopping around It appears that I can get a great deal on the Evo. STI's are still very hard to find and when you do most dealers are looking to get MSRP.

The local Long Island dealers are selling brand new Evo's for around $29,500. I saw an advertisement in the NY Post yesterday from Bay Ridge Mitsubishi. They where selling a demo Evo (Sunroof & High Spoiler ) with 2,100 miles for $24,888.
I called them and was told that the car was sold but after a few minutes of discussing NEW Evo's with the salesman and what the local Long Island dealers are selling them for he went to speak with his manager and came back to say that he could sell me a new Evo with Sunroof and high spoiler for $28,000. I questioned him how he could do this and he said that it is at invoice and would be willing give up the holdback on the car to sell it. I think invoice is around $28,600 less about $400-$600 in holdback. So this certainly seems feasible. He also asked me if I was financing it with him and I said yes but would not accept finance rate above 5.5%-6% and he also stated that the banks are very competitive right now and getting a desirable rate is definitely possible if I have good credit.

My question is … has anyone dealt with Bay Ridge and what is your opinion of their dealership ?

Bay Ridge is about an 1 ½ hour drive form eastern LI so I would rather not drive out their and find out I am wasting my time.

Thanks In advance for those that can help.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not dealt with Bay Ridge Mitsubishi, but I always see their ads in the paper. I also saw that ad for that demo Evo and I was really tempted because it was Tarmac. Let us know how your experience with them went if you decide to purchase from them.

BTW....nice collection of sold cars you have there. Several have been my favorites in the past.