Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

12/12: Toys for Tots Drive, Norwich CT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump....

So is there still spots or the dyno on that day? Or you just giving away spots pending donations on future dates...?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 06:45 AM

They are giving away coupons for dynos on future dates... I dont think they will be running the dyno tomorrow...
Old Dec 11, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

yup. giving them away for any future use.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 05:49 AM

I'm not sure which evo drivers showed up... I didn't notice any... I was there from about 10:30 until about noon.. I would have stayed longer, but i was REALLLLLYYY hungover..

Here are some pics...

My friend sean's subaru packed full thanks to donations from people at EB..

And the total haul..

Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

i was there for about forty minutes. like eleven thirty to twelve, or around there. i had a black and red evo. i showed up with my buddy who was driving a silver subie.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:12 AM

Did you see the rally car there? Or had we already left? I was the short guy who looked like he was gonna throw up.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Lol. Yeah, i was drooling over the car for a little while. I didn't really talk to many people. It was my first time ever there and i didn't really know anyone. It was myself, a skinny blonde kid, and a girl. You may have seen us. We brought some toys in. When you left i was standing down at the end of the row of cars watching you as you left...... i think we were the only Evo's there though.... :-( honestly, it kinda disappointed me quite a bit. i was pretty pumped about going to it and then there were a bunch of.... uh.... crappy? cars there...... i live about 5 miles from Swift though if you are from the area....
Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:29 PM

I live in Griswold, so i'm not too far away. There were quite a few VW's... While some were "crappy"... Also remember that alot of those VW guys put their cars into "winter mode" going as far as swapping suspension, bumpers, wheels, and all kinds of crap, as where most people just put on a set of snow tires...
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

i guess i didnt realize that. i just remembered seeing some pictures from the last one and i thought i seen more cars like ours. i guess i just got the wrong idea of what it was going to be like. i had a VW before i got my Evo. i loved it. I really hope i get to take another look at your car though. it looked real nice!:-D
Old Dec 15, 2009, 08:24 AM

sure.. not sure how much longer i'm gonna have it. I'm the co-driver/mechanic of it. My buddy owns it, and may be taking it back to his place in Mass for awhile... But if something gets setup soon, i'll bring it down.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

yikes. suck. do you have a car of your own that you work on? or an evo?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:47 AM

Yeah... I'm a subaru guy actually lol. The rally car is the "racecar". I used to be big into autocross with CARTCT, but got out of it due to life lol. Now rally is where its at.

And just as an FYI, we were the largest toy donation spot in Southeastern CT.. Brought in more toys than the Crystal Mall!!!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 03:47 PM

From what i have noticed a lot of guys put there evo's up during the winter. (at least up here that is) Mine doesnt get put up per say but i drive it alot less during the winter but thats because i do not have a good set of winter tires atm and cannot afford to buy any at this time.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

What, are you kidding me? I drove right by this place on my way to Mohegan Sun. Haven't been to your guys' shop in a while, looked like a great turnout.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

well, it wasn't a BAD turnout by any means, atleast from what i saw. It was just my first time there. Didnt know what to expect.

My evo would have been put up for the winter, but i dont have everything ready to start building it yet.

Quick Reply: 12/12: Toys for Tots Drive, Norwich CT