Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Parts Stolen: 06 EVO MR graphite gray, stripped for parts in my garage.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support. I've been scanning craiglists and ebay every day hoping to come across something, I have yet to do so.

I agree with most of you that this was someone that knew I was away, i've been interogating my friends to find out if anybody had said something to someone about my car being in my garage while I was away. Even if one of my friends werent trying to set me up, if they were stupid enough to mention it to the wrong person thats all it took.

I'm hoping whoever did it was stupid enough to leave fingerprints somewhere in my garage. I have detective scanning it today.

Whoever did this spent their good ol' time taking my car apart. The engine was stripped, as well as the exterior so this took quite a bit of time, they just set up shop in there. I cant even begin to explain what I feel about this. I feel like I was betrayed, I feel violated, and I feel like someone basically just took extreme advantage of me.

I'm just completely discouraged with life right now to say the least.

I would appreciate all the eyes I can get keeping an eye out, especially in the tristate area, as well as craigslist and ebay.

Thanks a lot everyone!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

good luck catching the guys, im sure you will find them.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:23 PM

If anybody in the chester county area is willing to come and take a look at my car this weekend, maybe help me plan out a decent rebuild please let me know, i'm only going to be in the area for a few days and I could use all the help I can get.

Thanks,
-Chris
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Where are you in CC? I'm in Exton. If you need a hand with anything let me know, I'll do what I can.
I have a good group of friends in the area that are on this forum. Try posting up in the Phila Classiest Drunkards, good guys, very knowledgable, and have access to almost anything you'll need.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Man that sucks. I say tell who ever you told you were leaving or you're friends that you knew who stole the stuff and see who is the most suspicious a d take it from there. Good luck.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks, badly. I would also keep an eye out for people selling stock parts, like Evo VIII seats, where they might have replaced their parts with yours... also, its creepy that there are websites that collect data about you like where you work, when you are home and take comments from places like facebook, where you might have mentioned something about going on a trip. If you had pictures with your license plate posted on a forum they might have gotten your address as well, but still had to have known you weren't home somehow, maybe staked out your home and daily routine? GL
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Sure you want to rebuild it? It will probably wind up with a salvage title of some kind assuming you're turning it into the insurance.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by rgonyer
Sure you want to rebuild it? It will probably wind up with a salvage title of some kind assuming you're turning it into the insurance.
Yep i'm definitely rebuilding, most of the parts taken were exterior and i've already bought a bunch of the stuff back from the awesome people on these forums.

I just need to put it back together, and then i'm going to plan out a direction to go as far as modding it, I have a view idea's but I dont have the knowledge or know how to go about it yet so i'm definitely going to need to bounce them off more knowledgeable people.

It has a salvage title, but if I can get it put back together I can get a rebuilt title and i'm not so worried about it, I just want my evo to look clean again...I hate seeing it in its present condition.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:06 PM

I'm in honey brook, so I would say probably 15-20mins away from Exton at the most.

Originally Posted by grillpt
Where are you in CC? I'm in Exton. If you need a hand with anything let me know, I'll do what I can.
I have a good group of friends in the area that are on this forum. Try posting up in the Phila Classiest Drunkards, good guys, very knowledgable, and have access to almost anything you'll need.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Your not far from me then. There's a couple of other guys close to you too that I know of. Just keep checking the F/S forums, you'll find what you need.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to bad you didn't have any cameras up. Does any of your friends have an evo or you really think whom ever stole it will be selling them back out?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good luck with everything. honey brook isn't far from me either. let me know if i can help out this weekend. there are plenty of others in the area who are more skilled and knowledgeable than me though.

better yet, you should plan a meet at your house and we'll get you all planned out.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:29 AM

That sucks man. Hopefully you find out who did this. To give you hope...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ht=stolen+rims

If you don't feel like registering to view... The guy had his rims stolen off his Supra and 3 days later found them on craigslist. He contacted the seller and made it sound like he was intersted in buying them. He went to meet the guy to see them in a parking lot. Once he saw the rims, looked them over and saw the serial number on them he called the cops. The cops show up and arrest him and tow his car. Best part is... the guy had his video camera with him and taped the entire thing!!! It's epic.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Anything unique about the parts that were stolen? scratches, dents, stains. It would be helpful for those that are searching the classifieds and craigslist.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by evremonde
Anything unique about the parts that were stolen? scratches, dents, stains. It would be helpful for those that are searching the classifieds and craigslist.
Only the hood, it had a little teardrop of clearcoat hanging from the very tip of the hood, hanging over the mitsu emblem. Everything else was mint.

Quick Reply: Parts Stolen: 06 EVO MR graphite gray, stripped for parts in my garage.