Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Bridge water acura

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bridge water acura

Anyone have any experience with them?
I noticed they move alot of evos and just wondering if its a place to avoid buying a car from?
They actually have a evo 9 mr in Apex silver with 45k miles on it for 23k but its been hit says the carfax :/
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do not personally have experience with them. However, I remember when I was searching for an Evo a few years ago, they seemed to always have one or two, plus some other tuner friendly and sporty cars. It seems like they push a lot of those types of cars.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

All of the car's i have seen there have been nice low miled cars too.
I just wanna make sure they are safe to buy.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:07 PM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY AN EVO FROM ANY ACURA DEALERSHIP!!! i bought a evo 9 SE from OPEN ROAD ACURA (i ended up in a lawsuit with them because the car was SMASHED in the back end and they never told me and on top of that the car had full warranty and they didnt do a single thing when i brought it in for service (catilytic convertor was replaced 3 times in 2 weeks.) DO NOT BUY THE CAR!

i argued with them for a little more than a half a year, lawyers were involved and everything. there horrible to deal with and they wouldnt agree to any terms, all i wanted was my money back from my trade in nothing else.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Good too know.
Did you get a car fax? And why would you take a Mitsubishi to a acura dealer? Did you buy an extended warranty from acura for the evo? I am not worried about the warranty and i carfax every used car i plan on buying.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:13 PM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

Originally Posted by Mr. Move
Good too know.
Did you get a car fax? And why would you take a Mitsubishi to a acura dealer? Did you buy an extended warranty from acura for the evo? I am not worried about the warranty and i carfax every used car i plan on buying.
carfax was clean, the dealership gave me a carfax report for the car and it was clean and on top of that i did my own and it was clean. cause the warranty was only through them and stated i had to go to that dealership in order for the work to be preformed anywhere else i had to pay but the car had 22k on it and i got it for 20k it was silver with bbs and red stitched recaros
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Damn carfax was clean?
Don't ever buy an extended warranty on anything lol
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

How did you find out the car was hit? the dealer might have not known ether.
Did you take the car to a mechanic for inspection?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:12 AM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

Originally Posted by Mr. Move
How did you find out the car was hit? the dealer might have not known ether.
Did you take the car to a mechanic for inspection?
Got checked out by route 46 mitsu ad they told me car was good andin great condition, will need a clutch soon. 2 months later it needed a clutch. I brought it to a friends shop and did it mtself. My friend pointed out the rear frame bars were bent a noticable amount. Rt 46 mitsu couldnt of missed this damage they were def working together. Ik i saw my car there one time when i brought it to acura for service and acura told me the work was being performed at acura not mitsu so somebody probably drove my car down rt 46 made a uturn drove back up 46 to get to mitsu so they obviously beat on it. Thrre a bunch of crooked dealers dont deal with them. Im waitkng for the day they go out of business.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ch1215g
Got checked out by route 46 mitsu ad they told me car was good andin great condition, will need a clutch soon. 2 months later it needed a clutch. I brought it to a friends shop and did it mtself. My friend pointed out the rear frame bars were bent a noticable amount. Rt 46 mitsu couldnt of missed this damage they were def working together. Ik i saw my car there one time when i brought it to acura for service and acura told me the work was being performed at acura not mitsu so somebody probably drove my car down rt 46 made a uturn drove back up 46 to get to mitsu so they obviously beat on it. Thrre a bunch of crooked dealers dont deal with them. Im waitkng for the day they go out of business.
you bought it at one dealership- got work done at another and both missed the damage so you think they are working together to deceive you?!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:47 AM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
you bought it at one dealership- got work done at another and both missed the damage so you think they are working together to deceive you?!
no wrong i bought it from acura brought it to acuranfor service acura sent it to mitsu all the time, the cat went bad 3 times. im just warning him notnto buy the car.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:02 AM

I feel like you're trying to make this thing a conspiracy when it's not. Hey Mr. Move, if you want to look at the car and know that things are good on it just bring a friend that knows what they should look for on a used Evo or find out that stuff for yourself. Not all dealerships are the same just cause they're the same name. Just make sure the Evo is good and you cover your tracks.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Bridgewater Acura is a great bunch of guys and gals. I have bought cars there my ex bought her EVO RS there.

No BS. Would recommend to anyone.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

they have some nice cars there, but some of the salespeople and managers suck

i went there with my uncle to buy his 07 tl-s listed at 30999 a few years ago and they said that the price was a mistake and would not honor it.. they even tried to kick us out since we were not budging on the price when we mentioned the word lawyer, kinda pulled a bait and switch

Another time i went there looking to buy an rsx-s and they didnt even let me drive it, so i never went back
Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

I actually go to rt.46 Mitshubishi in Totowa and can vouch for them.
If bridgewater acura gets a nice evo again ill go check it out.
Thanks for the info.