Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Racetracks in the tri-state area

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm excited for summit point. i'm looking to track a few times. what are the requirements? is a helmet enough? i know the rulebook calls for a 6-8pt roll cage for certain events, i'd like to do a HPDE or a track trial and my car is stock except for lowered springs and the tires i'll be puttin on for the day. do i need to apply for and get the novice license before i go? can someone shed some light on the motions to go through for an eager beginner?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by sandman121383
i'm excited for summit point. i'm looking to track a few times. what are the requirements? is a helmet enough? i know the rulebook calls for a 6-8pt roll cage for certain events, i'd like to do a HPDE or a track trial and my car is stock except for lowered springs and the tires i'll be puttin on for the day. do i need to apply for and get the novice license before i go? can someone shed some light on the motions to go through for an eager beginner?
For HPDE events,you need a helmet, and the car in good condition, with insurance and reg. as far as i know. Nothing else.
it is basically driving school. Which should be mandatory for all high performance car owners and drivers who buy a this type of cars.

anyway it is a great idea to go these events in countless reasons. And you need nothing but a helmet, and the proper clothing, if you have an evo.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im looking foward to going to NJMP,monticello and lime rock hopefully i can make it out to all of them this summer. How do i set this up do i just show up and pay for entry and go on or are these tracks for clubs only? They just have stuff about becoming a member.
I need help lol
Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

andrew,

go to the www.motorsportreg.com site
filter the type of events you want to do at the top by clicking on them (open track, driver school & time trial are good starts)
enter your zip code and hit search

all the events within the search area you defined will show up. From there its only a matter of figuring out where you want to go and registering with that group.

All you need in most cases is a helmet (either SA2005 or M2000 rating depending on the org), a mechanically sound car and a desire to drive your car as fast as you are comfortable.

Robevo RS and I are registered for the NJMP in March w/ PCA. there are still spots available if you want in.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Alright im making an account on MSR right now.
So this site pretty much lets me search for open track days at certain tracks then i can register for which ever one i want to go to?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I have 5 weeks to get my car together to join you guys and beat up on some Porsches... Time to get off the computer - Registered!

Last edited by 4cdndctn; Feb 12, 2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4cdndctn
So I have 5 weeks to get my car together to join you guys and beat up on some Porsches... Time to get off the computer - Registered!
for which event?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
for which event?
The same event you posted your receipt for (PCA@Thunderbolt). I'll be trailering the evo down from North Jersey before rush hour on Friday.

If you guys want to meet at Texas Roadhouse Grill Fri night for dinner, let me know. I'll probably book a room at the Country Inn.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

The same event you posted your receipt for (PCA@Thunderbolt). I'll be trailering the evo down from North Jersey before rush hour on Friday.

If you guys want to meet at Texas Roadhouse Grill Fri night for dinner, let me know. I'll probably book a room at the Country Inn.
ok. I'll trailer it too, as always, way too much fuss around the car on the street. So we eat at the Texas RH. and then heading down?
Can you give me more info so i can rent the room at the same place? Like time the address or phone number of the place etc? I would be appreciated it.

Thanks Rob
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
ok. I'll trailer it too, as always, way too much fuss around the car on the street. So we eat at the Texas RH. and then heading down?
Can you give me more info so i can rent the room at the same place? Like time the address or phone number of the place etc? I would be appreciated it.

Thanks Rob
Here's their homepage: http://www.countryinns.com/millville...08332/millvill

I figure between 6-7pm if others can make it to TRG by that time
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Here's their homepage: http://www.countryinns.com/millville...08332/millvill

I figure between 6-7pm if others can make it to TRG by that time
cool thanks. place looks good! send me a pm before that weekend to make sure we still on teh dinner etc. please. By the way who are the "others" ?

Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Feb 12, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
This will be cool.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

sweet. glad to see another EVO signed up.
are you in the black group?

You can stay at the suites right there at the track. I think they're like $90 a night and the garages are $50.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

okey i didnt even look , what is the difference between the white and the black grupe. I dont want to run a same grupe as a GT3 Porsche on slicks LOL

Not like i care , only because they care ...

would be nice to run a same grupe with you guys, unless you guys are way a head of me
acxtually who decide which grupe we running?

the track has a hotel and garage? how is that work? that is sounds intersting...

Last edited by Robevo RS; Feb 12, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

rob, the groups are broken down by skill level first and the speed of your car second. I believe it goes from beginner to instructor like this; greeen - yellow - blue - white - red - black.

Quick Reply: Racetracks in the tri-state area