Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

so listen to this dumb story...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2004, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so listen to this dumb story...

alright.. the situation is as follows.. a few days ago, my SES light decides to come on out of nowhere. this happened to me before at about 14500 miles and i am now at 25000. but when it happened before, the light only came on because of a loose gas cap. it so happens that i had a service appointment today [friday] and i figured i would just tell them to check it out and to take the SES light off for me. so i go into my service today and tell the guy at the summit mitsubishi service that my ses light is on and if the techs could check it out. and long and behold, this is what he said.. "if the ses light is caused by a faulty sensor, it is covered by warranty. but if the ses light is caused by a loose gas cap, you will have to pay $92".. what the ***k is dat?!? now before i went to service, i was about 90% sure that it was just a loose gas cap because first of all, i never touched my headers nor my catalytic converter.. and second, when i got gas the last time, i didnt hear a click when the guy closed my gas cap. so knowing i could just take out the ses light by resetting my ecu, i just walked away and waited for my car to get out. point of the story is, DO NOT go to summit mitsubishi if u need to get a ses light checked out. they never charged me nor my dad to get our ses lights checked out at the jersey city mitsubishi. i understand a $10 diagnostics fee, but $92 is just ***kin stupid and ridiculous. so yea, thanks for reading that long *** post with me just ranting and *****ing about my situation.. hehe..
Old Jan 9, 2004, 06:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: so listen to this dumb story...

Originally posted by majestic lancer
when i got gas the last time, i didnt hear a click when the guy closed my gas cap.
[sarcasm] *GASP* You let someone else put in your gas!?!? Dude, I don't even let anyone else touch my car unless they're a professional doing repairs. Tsk. [/sarcasm]
Old Jan 9, 2004, 06:30 AM

New Jersey law, all pumps are full service.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 07:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 07:22 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

No it doesn't
It's fewkin 20 degrees outside... you don't have to turn off your car while they're re-loading you
Old Jan 9, 2004, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

I'd be too lazy to get out of the car and pump my gas
Old Jan 9, 2004, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

and plus, i would rather leave it with the gas professionals . i always get static shock so i dont wana touch the fuel pump and have me blow the car up.. hey yellowfever, were u somewhere down on route 22 yesterday in that shopping complex where best buy and ruby tuesdays are? bcoz i saw a yellow evo with track numbers on its windows..
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

and plus, i would rather leave it with the gas professionals . i always get static shock so i dont wana touch the fuel pump and have me blow the car up.. hey yellowfever, were u somewhere down on route 22 yesterday in that shopping complex where best buy and ruby tuesdays are? bcoz i saw a yellow evo with track numbers on its windows..
no that is (beehive) his name is bombee.... he lives and union and works at the models...click here to read more... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=1
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

yeh yo .. full service!!! its full service up here cause i bet ya ppl will fill up and bounce! ..

nah that was beeHive ... he works at the models in union .. pnoy too .. i always know its him cause of the track #s
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

it was -34'c out where i was at last week, and no i forgot to plug in the car :~(
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

haha ... and phil i told my rents about my plan... they had doubts but said try it! .. woohoo
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

aiite back to the topic ... they were gonna charge u 92 beans to tighten a gas cap? ... thats some gay shyt! .. what was the reason? did they make u pay?
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Beehive when are you gonna take those numbers down ... its easy to wash off
Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jerzepnoy
aiite back to the topic ... they were gonna charge u 92 beans to tighten a gas cap? ... thats some gay shyt! .. what was the reason? did they make u pay?
they were gonna charge me $92 to take out the SES light.. so when i got home, i just reset my ecu and took it out myself.. hehe i aint gonna pay no $92 to disconnect and reconect my battery.. gay *** mitsubishi
Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:32 PM

Who is that girl in your avatar...omg

NJ Clowns...can't even pump your own gas...All you got is 5 lane highways and 90mph traffic

Quick Reply: so listen to this dumb story...