Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Psl: 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Amanda725GT
Oh no, not the beard!!
Yeah I became slightly attached to it, but the deed needed to be done after the Bruins lost the way they did

Originally Posted by adamsheehy
Well, if it's any consolation, you still have a beard in my mind. Actually, since I've never seen a picture of you, I just visualized you as a walking beard that drives a blue Evo8, so on second thought with the beard gone you might be dead to me....
Perhaps if we cross paths, I may or may not have regrown one. Time will tell, I will respect my dead-ness to you since it is shaved, I can only blame the bruins... or the hair trimmer...
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, j/k. Had an a/c disaster on gf's evo, which involved topping off the coolant (to no avail), isolating the blower motor resistor as culprit, picking up part and replacing, only to have it work for a little while and then go out again, so car is in shop and needless to say we weren't able to make it down there. Heard is was a pretty good turnout though.
Ugghhh that sucks about your ladies car! I wouldn't have been a happy camper if that was happening to me.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pssst
Yeah I became slightly attached to it, but the deed needed to be done after the Bruins lost the way they did
Awww well that's wicked depressing!! Your face probably feels so naked and alone!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by evochick88
Ugghhh that sucks about your ladies car! I wouldn't have been a happy camper if that was happening to me.
You haven't seen irate until you've seen a girl who buys a car at the start of summer primarily because her evo8 a/c was completely shot (amongst other things), only to have the new a/c die less than a month later at the start of a heatwave... Incidentally, (and at the opposite end of the spectrum) when picking up her fixed car today she saw a GGP VIII on the lot and started to cry - she sure does miss her old body style.

How was the Mohegan event?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by nperkins
Did Texas totally rot her brain or something? lol... Its in her possession! lol

Oh snap! All the more reason for us to go!
No, TX did not rot my brain, I didn't realize you were talking about your Miata hood! I thought you had something else epic planned, like NOS or flamethrowers.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 05:36 AM

Yeah, j/k. Had an a/c disaster on gf's evo, which involved topping off the coolant (to no avail), isolating the blower motor resistor as culprit, picking up part and replacing, only to have it work for a little while and then go out again, so car is in shop and needless to say we weren't able to make it down there. Heard is was a pretty good turnout though.
Awwww lamesauce. Sorry to hear about your gf's Evo
Old Jun 28, 2013, 05:45 AM

Stupid job, wouldn't let me attend to any meet on Saturday. I heard from EvoChick how Mohegan was, would have loved to attend the Boston meet though seeing as how it's the closest to me.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:19 AM

You haven't seen irate until you've seen a girl who buys a car at the start of summer primarily because her evo8 a/c was completely shot (amongst other things), only to have the new a/c die less than a month later at the start of a heatwave... Incidentally, (and at the opposite end of the spectrum) when picking up her fixed car today she saw a GGP VIII on the lot and started to cry - she sure does miss her old body style.

How was the Mohegan event?
It was......interesting to say the least. I was one of the first people there only because we had planned to do dinner and then come back out and hang out with everybody. Among all the cars, I think there was my 8 and maybe 2 more. A bunch of X's, and that's it. We came back out by 8 and half the people were gone. Definitely not as big as they made it out to be and to be honest, there weren't a whole lot of "WOW did you see that car, clean as can be, blah blah blah" moments. The cruise up was great, hanging with friends and being idiots was great, I could of skipped the meet and not have batted an eye.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by octane88
No, TX did not rot my brain, I didn't realize you were talking about your Miata hood! I thought you had something else epic planned, like NOS or flamethrowers.
What's in TX? (aside from incredibly nice people, food that doesn't taste like cardboard, and heavenly roads......oh, those sweet, sexy, smooth roads that don't rape your suspension every quarter mile)
Stupid job, wouldn't let me attend to any meet on Saturday. I heard from EvoChick how Mohegan was, would have loved to attend the Boston meet though seeing as how it's the closest to me.
Where in Maine are you? I'm originally from Cumberland, but haven't been there since the obligatory trip home last Thanksgiving.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by evochick88
It was......interesting to say the least. I was one of the first people there only because we had planned to do dinner and then come back out and hang out with everybody. Among all the cars, I think there was my 8 and maybe 2 more. A bunch of X's, and that's it. We came back out by 8 and half the people were gone. Definitely not as big as they made it out to be and to be honest, there weren't a whole lot of "WOW did you see that car, clean as can be, blah blah blah" moments. The cruise up was great, hanging with friends and being idiots was great, I could of skipped the meet and not have batted an eye.
Bleh. What happened to the 300 confirmed, etc?

At least it gave you an excuse to get out and drive. Although nothing makes me want to wrap a seatbelt around my neck faster than being on the same road with CT drivers, but don't know if you feel the same way. (no offense) lol
Old Jun 29, 2013, 09:47 AM

What's in TX? (aside from incredibly nice people, food that doesn't taste like cardboard, and heavenly roads......oh, those sweet, sexy, smooth roads that don't rape your suspension every quarter mile)
Where in Maine are you? I'm originally from Cumberland, but haven't been there since the obligatory trip home last Thanksgiving.
I have friends that used to live in Scarborough that moved to Austin, I went to visit for a week. Despite some bizarre things that happened with the friend I was staying with TX was amazing. The food was delicious, the people were all very nice and I loved the hot weather. I'd go back in a heartbeat, no convincing needed for this girl.

I live in southern Maine, currently in South Portland but I lived in Portland for the majority of the time. I think I've driven through Cumberland but that's about it haha It's a bummer, there really aren't car meets or anything similar up this way.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:10 PM

Bleh. What happened to the 300 confirmed, etc?

At least it gave you an excuse to get out and drive. Although nothing makes me want to wrap a seatbelt around my neck faster than being on the same road with CT drivers, but don't know if you feel the same way. (no offense) lol
Haha nope feel the same way. Half the people here can't drive and don't know what turn signals are. I have the worse road rage too lmao
Old Jun 30, 2013, 03:41 AM
Evolving Member

I find it interesting that the dude who called this a 'sleeper thread' is still hanging out. We must be just that cool!!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:11 PM

Oh I have lots and lots of epicness planned... But I can't tell you girls about it or it will ruin the surprises...
Old Jul 1, 2013, 05:19 AM

I have friends that used to live in Scarborough that moved to Austin, I went to visit for a week. Despite some bizarre things that happened with the friend I was staying with TX was amazing. The food was delicious, the people were all very nice and I loved the hot weather. I'd go back in a heartbeat, no convincing needed for this girl.

I live in southern Maine, currently in South Portland but I lived in Portland for the majority of the time. I think I've driven through Cumberland but that's about it haha It's a bummer, there really aren't car meets or anything similar up this way.
No convincing needed for me either. We go down at Christmas each year to visit gf's family outside of Houston and have been over to Austin to visit friends as well. Pretty much love everything about that place.

Now that I think about it, in all the years that I lived in Maine, I can't recall ever hearing about any sort of car meet. What about somewhere over in Gorham? Seems like every single time I drive over there I see an inordinate number of lowered/modified/fast cars around the area. Anything ever happening there?

Quick Reply: Psl: 2013