Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Sunday Oct 16th- WE RIDE- coastal version

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunday Oct 16th- WE RIDE- coastal version

okay so here it is. the exact route is yet to be finalized but in general it will go down like this

date- Sunday, oct. 16th
when- 10 AM (leave time- if you want to bs, come early)
where- cornelius pass fred meyer (east side of the parking lot)

route-
Hwy 26 to hwy 53 aprox. 50 miles
hwy 53 to 101 - aprox. 20 miles
101 to Seaside- stop for lunch and a break for a little while
seaside to Lewis and Clark RD
Lewis and Clark to Astoria
Astoria (across to WA side) to WA hwy 4 (i think its 4)
Hwy 4 through Naselle, Cathlamet, into Longview
Longview to 30 back to portland -or-
longview to I-5 to 205 to portland
26 to CP (beginning point)

round trip is around 250 miles, and about 6-7 hours trouble free (hopefully)hours of time (including stops)

pros- should be a fun day, i am not to picky about how many people come, and would be more than happy with 10 or so, anything more than 30 or so and we will split into different groups. maps will be available, but the route isnt to confusing, there are not a lot of roads to make a wrong turn on, and we will be traveling some of the best roads that are on the coast. the views are great (especially up 101) and we can even plan on stopping to get some pics if need be.

cons- we have had a few problems before on runs i have organized, we will drive quickly (when possible), your car will get dirty, and the roads though beautiful can be super dangerous. they are more than likely going to be wet, and some may have gravel, heavy traffic, bicylists, and other road hazards. i do not want to scare anyone away, but your car could get hit by rocks, and you may lose traction, this isnt my fault. if you arent willing to take this risk, then by all means stay home. this has been put together by a few people who really look forward to this, and love driving quickly with the cover of other cars to help absorb any police impact. tickets may be issued, accidents may happen, and you may get lost. By coming along you are in agreeance that the organizers are not responsible for any issues relating to this. We will not speed in dangerous (to ourselves, or others) areas, and will have nothing but the upmost respect for the towns, cities, and areas we drive through, and stop in.

maps to follow, and lets keep this here for a little while and see who interested before we go posting it up on the other forums.

if you do come you will more than likely burn the better part of a tank of fuel (if not more) bring money for lunch, passengers (if you want) and walkie-talkie type radios to help us to keep organized.

hopefully this will work out. the route that we have chosen is a great combo of roads, offering everything possible. the goal was to get this done before the weather gets much worse or roads are graveled to due to ice. we want to get to the point where we can do these every few months, and we have many more ideas of routes that are available. at this time, this one is our best bet though. if this works we could get on a better system of organization for them.

if you have questions, or if i have offended you, then send me a PM, and i will be happy to deal with it.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Watch Out Went That Last Week End Got A Ticket Cops Hate Imports Around There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

i would love to go, sounds like a blast but i work on sundays, maybe next time..
Old Oct 1, 2005, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

cops are idiots! i hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
comon erick me too i am going to request the day off,it will be fun.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

are the subis invited? i have friends that own sti's they may like to go!
not like they can keep up you know but!......just kidding
Old Oct 1, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8
Watch Out Went That Last Week End Got A Ticket Cops Hate Imports Around There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am not sure i understand what you are saying. those of us that are local, know where the staters usually hang out, and its a risk that we are going to take.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Count me in, if it isn't pooring raining. Yes, I am a weather wuss.
Sunday is perfect. I work on Saturdays. He Limpy, can't you get the day off? Trade with someone? c'mon

jj008 you goin?
Old Oct 1, 2005, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

I went last time and it was fun. Of course, I did have to repair my windshield and my hood needs repainting. I will have to check my schedule the week before to see if I can make it.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

you already know my answer josh
Old Oct 1, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if this is out of your way but I need to recommend Immonen Rd. between Depoe Bay and Lincoln City on 101, just north of Salishan Golf Club. It was the best rally car road I've ever driven. Twisting turns and crazy elevation changes on relatively new tarmac. After 5 miles it turns into gravel which I didn't drive but it looked good too. It is a must drive road, I just wish I was driving my evo. I also saw a blue evo parked next to Gearhart Links, I probably shouldn't reveal what hole but I assume it was an Evom member since it had uk badges and some aftermarket wheels. Badass driving down there.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

the evo you saw was mine^. my parents live right across the street and i was there on sunday evening. you shouldve stopped by. BBY w/ bronze wheels... right? anyway, i think i know the road you are refering to near depoe bay. it is definately an option for another run, but a little out of our way on this one. as far as rocks, it would be safe to assume the gravel we come acrosss will only be (and this is even probably doubtful) on two sections of the roads we plan on traveling. the roads we will travel are like those that max mentions, some of the best roads possible. 53 is known as one of the best in the state, and lewis and clark from seaside to astoria's backside is almost as fun. we are always looking for excuses to drive them. i am glad we have a few interested. if anyone is planning on making the trip from the seattle area then you are definately welcome to break off in longview, which is only about 1-1.5 hours from tacoma to head home.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm.. i saw the evo on wednesday about 2pm while i was golfing. it looked like it had grey wheels.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

my dad and i switched cars (his avalanche for the evo) because i was moving and needed the truck to haul some stuff around. the gray wheels were actually bronze but really dirty. there are only three evos within about 60 miles, so i am positive it was mine. i just thought you wouldve been here for the weekend.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by madpacket
Count me in, if it isn't pooring raining. Yes, I am a weather wuss.
Sunday is perfect. I work on Saturdays. He Limpy, can't you get the day off? Trade with someone? c'mon

jj008 you goin?
I will see what i can do sounds like fun, but if i go i will be in the back of the pack no tickets for me please.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

i will protect you limpshot!!

Quick Reply: Sunday Oct 16th- WE RIDE- coastal version