Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Axiom's install quality???

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 10:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Have you logged it yet?
No, I don't have a laptop or whatever I would need to log it. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to that kind of stuff. Herb did show me a lot of the numbers and what they mean, as far as knock(had none) and a/f ratio.
Old May 3, 2007, 10:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by codgi
Quite a few shops seem to nick the oil line when messing with the header/O2 housing. Odd that they made you pay for the oil though. That was their mistake and they should have paid for it.
Ehh, he made it seem like it was normal for that to happen and told me I would need to put in about a quart of oil.
Old May 3, 2007, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

normal? hahaha since when is it normal to **** **** up? well apparently at axiom it must be
Old May 3, 2007, 10:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by codgi
Odd that they made you pay for the oil though. That was their mistake and they should have paid for it.
I didn't buy the oil from them. I had to stop by schucks and buy a quart of 10w30 mobil 1.
Old May 3, 2007, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Carlos stop go axiom, and u come my house use all my tools and we can install
Old May 3, 2007, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

but Good place to buyin at axiom, Illtech and any shops

Last edited by hanahawaiian; May 7, 2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old May 3, 2007, 11:06 PM
Account Disabled

The prices at Axiom have always been great, but I think for any future parts installs, I'm gonna have to do it myself. Thanks Chris, that would be awesome.
Old May 3, 2007, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Clos23
I didn't buy the oil from them. I had to stop by schucks and buy a quart of 10w30 mobil 1.
That's even worse. They should have bought the oil for you and put it in. You didn't bring it in with the hole...

Thats why I will continue to either do my own work or send the car to the select few shops in this area I trust (West Werks obviously being the closest one).
Old May 3, 2007, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Cheers Carlos.. World one perf good shop for Subbys.. but i dont see any evos parts!!!

Pina motorsport, Illtech auto, Axiom, some shop in seattle..
Old May 4, 2007, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clos23
The prices at Axiom have always been great, but I think for any future parts installs, I'm gonna have to do it myself. Thanks Chris, that would be awesome.
I go to axiom a lot and I don't let brandon touch my car, randy does great on the install you just have to make sure you don't catch them on a busy day because they only have 2 people working on 1 car at a time so detail can easily be missed when you're under pressure of getting stuff done on time, but it sounds like most of your problems have occured with brandon, so just make sure you always ask randy to do it for you, that's my advice, I've got everything done so far by randy and no problems, I watch him do it and he double checks the installs, but axiom ftw in nw
Old May 4, 2007, 05:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by hksevoix
I go to axiom a lot and I don't let brandon touch my car, randy does great on the install you just have to make sure you don't catch them on a busy day because they only have 2 people working on 1 car at a time so detail can easily be missed when you're under pressure of getting stuff done on time, but it sounds like most of your problems have occured with brandon, so just make sure you always ask randy to do it for you, that's my advice, I've got everything done so far by randy and no problems, I watch him do it and he double checks the installs, but axiom ftw in nw
Well, I thought the same thing. Brandon sucks and Randy ftw. He seems to take his time and get things right, but that's their job. And for them doing sh#tty work isn't only gonna f#ck up the car their working on, but it's also gonna lose them business.
Old May 4, 2007, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

are you military? there is that autocraft shop on ft. lewis to work on your own car, honestly I don't like doing wiring or gauges, but most bolt on stuff is simple, I agree randy does take his time, but I haven't had a problem yet, the only thing that I really had him do was my gauges and install of cbe because I didn't have a lift, sorry you had bad experiences
Old May 4, 2007, 06:41 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by hksevoix
are you military? there is that autocraft shop on ft. lewis to work on your own car, honestly I don't like doing wiring or gauges, but most bolt on stuff is simple, I agree randy does take his time, but I haven't had a problem yet, the only thing that I really had him do was my gauges and install of cbe because I didn't have a lift, sorry you had bad experiences
I'm stationed at McChord. I don't live there. (James) And they also have an autocraft shop. I've installed my test pipe there, but that's about it. The rest of the crap on my car, I was just like whatever, I bought it, go ahead and install it. I didn't wanna do the o2 housing, cause of all the disassembly it required. And the wideband install, I definitely don't feel comfortable doing anything electrical as well as welding a bung on the downpipe.

Last edited by Clos23; May 4, 2007 at 06:54 AM.
Old May 5, 2007, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

I bought my exhaust from them in november.The installation was fine, had a bolt come loose a few months down the road, but. The muffler sustained some shipping damage before it was installed,and was to be replaced.

It's now may and I haven't heard sh*t from them. I've been in to the shop a few times between than and now and I get the same. The issue is being taken up with the vendor and they will take care of it.

I would think that it would be their responsibility to contact me and let me know whats going on.

Their prices are great. But......The most important thing here is you get what you pay for......... Just my 2 pennies.
Old May 5, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

who is herb?

Quick Reply: Axiom's install quality???