Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Spotted in Hailey, ID

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spotted in Hailey, ID

Ran across a clean Red RS this past Sat. in Bellevue/Hailey ID. Just wondering if you're on the forums. And if you come up here often. Im assuming that you were up from Boise. It was funny. Im out breakin in my clutch. And havent seen boost in the past 2 weeks. I see one Evo, and that pretty much goes to shyte. Since Ive been here, Ive only seen 1 Sti and 1 Evo, in the past 3 years. Of course a couple Ferraris, Porches, etc. But no quality tuner cars. I thought about our "run-in" afterwards and figured you thought I was some ricer kid. Ive told myself that I would give the thumbs up, wave, whatever to any Evo I saw, and all I could think about was doing a mountain run or something. And my clutch has only got 250 miles on it...

CB
Old May 21, 2007, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

i think i've seen this red rs in boise before, the one i saw was an 8 and i'm not sure or not but i heard it had the JDM rear bumper

were you at the first autox at the fairgrounds in boise? i remember seeing an 8 MR that i had never seen before
Old May 21, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

^^^Yup. I was just posting some pics for that event here: http://snakeriverscca.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=48
You werent racing that day, were you? I only remember seeing the Evo 9 SE (Brian, who let me ride once. That guy can drive!!)

I didnt get a good look at the front. And I dont recall it having a JDM bumper. But it had exhaust, and thats about all the mods I could really tell were on it.
Old May 21, 2007, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, i wasnt racing that day, it blew a coupler that i had the day before at the school that they put on, so i didnt feel like messing w/ the stupid car hah, but when i was out there i regreted every single minute not fixing it, and yeah, brian's an awesome driver, he's making other evo owners look bad

you plan on making the next one?

Last edited by SeanJhn9; May 21, 2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

i saw the red evo Rs once in Boise
Old May 22, 2007, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeanJhn9
yeah, i wasnt racing that day, it blew a coupler that i had the day before at the school that they put on, so i didnt feel like messing w/ the stupid car hah, but when i was out there i regreted every single minute not fixing it, and yeah, brian's an awesome driver, he's making other evo owners look bad

you plan on making the next one?
Im breakin in the clutch right now, which is why I missed last weekend. But I should be at the next one.
Old May 23, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Last year I was the only Evo at most events and then I decide to sell it and they all start showing up.

Charlie, try and make it to the upcoming Jerome event in June that EISCC is putting on. We always have a good time and it is closer to Hailey then most events. I consder it a local event for me because living in Twin I travel a couple of hours to most events.
Old May 23, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

^^ Whats EISCC? I know the SRSCCA has an AutoX event down there in July at the high school. I'll definitely be at the next AutoX in Boise (Expo Idaho) on the 3rd. And my buddies mom is calling me out to race her T/A Firebird at Firebird raceway on the Grudge match night on the 16th. She runs low 13s. And im hoping for mid to high 12s. Im just looking for some baseline numbers right now.
Old May 23, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Eastern Idaho Sports Car Club, it is the eastern ID SCCA club. They hold events in Poky, IF and one in Jerome.