Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Suggestions on Dealerships for Warranty work?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions on Dealerships for Warranty work?

Cars all stock, but I've got a bearing going out (or something) on one of the pulleys, and some transmission weirdness. I'd like to get a dealership to take a look at it and see if I can't get them to warranty it.

Granted, I'm the second owner, but the car is all stock. Hopefully it's nothing major and they won't complain, but I've heard enough horror stories to be mindful.

Any suggestions on where I should take it? I live in Redmond, and would prefer not to drive to timbuktu.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump for an answer. I seem to have a pulley going out too. Does your whine at higher rpm? I can also hear it make noises sometimes when it revs? Everette is one of the choices I was thinking since Mtn. Mitsu is gone. Whats people status on Everette Mitsu lately for say replacing a pulley and diagnosing a leaking injector?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

That's what sucks, the only dealerships for Mitsu around here is Giant in Auburn and whatever that one is called out in Graham or whatever, way too far, so Auburn by default.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In for an answer also
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

I thought there was an Everette one too? Are they still open?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:41 PM

That would be Harbor Pointe in Everett.

I have been there once with the Evo and the Eclipse and they were pretty good to me.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Harbour Point refused to let me test drive an Evo when I was shopping for one. The sales guy showed me an Evo they had in the shop area on a lift and said that since the guy had painted his calipers, they wouldn't be able to do warranty work on them.

Go there at your own risk.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Humm....I know there is the one in Olympia but some of the people there are arrogant so they are a no go for me. Auburn I have heard too many iffy things about to trust them with my car. Anybody else have good experience with the Everette dealer. I assume they use to have quite a few Evo's and have techs that know how to work on them?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saev
Harbour Point refused to let me test drive an Evo when I was shopping for one. The sales guy showed me an Evo they had in the shop area on a lift and said that since the guy had painted his calipers, they wouldn't be able to do warranty work on them.

Go there at your own risk.
warranty on the calipers I would think.

It is stupid for a dealer to not do warranty repairs, within reason, on mod'ed Evo's
Old Mar 28, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Well considering my parts in no way affect whats wrong with my car I shouldn't have a problem. Plus if I take it in I will only leave my exhaust on. I just want to go to a somewhat trustworthy dealer that does good work and has knowledgeable techs. As far as not warranting painted calipers well I can understand that. Plus every dealer wont let people testdrive evo's unless you have $$$. I really want to know if anybody has ever dealt with Everette as far as warranty or repair work goes.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

There is also a dealer in Puyallup, Korum. The only dealer I've had work on my car was Walkers, in Renton, now a Mazda dealership. I bought some Diaqueen at Harbour Point, looked like an ok operation but I can't comment on their competency.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 01:33 PM

I have been thinking about going to Korum, but it's a bit far. At the same time, I had a terrible experience with the sales people at the Everrette dealership, so I automatically worry about the other depts.

Well, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear.

DBSears, my pully just makes an odd sound when it's idling. It's a very rythmic clicking sound. Hard for me to pinpoint honestly.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Korum huh? Which one is a bigger dealership? I guess I want to know which one would be more likely to have more knowledge on evo's.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by dbsears87
Korum huh? Which one is a bigger dealership? I guess I want to know which one would be more likely to have more knowledge on evo's.
Harbour Pointe completed replacement of tensioner pulley for me under warranty last week. Raelynne was pretty good and prompt. Given I had to wait a week for them to get those parts in and then another 3 days when they got a wrong ( mislabeled ) pulley, I'm just happy that's done. Korum is bigger than Everett, but bigger is not always better IMHO.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by SOEX
I have been thinking about going to Korum, but it's a bit far. At the same time, I had a terrible experience with the sales people at the Everrette dealership, so I automatically worry about the other depts.

Well, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear.

DBSears, my pully just makes an odd sound when it's idling. It's a very rythmic clicking sound. Hard for me to pinpoint honestly.
SOEX thats same thing i had on my car. Sounds like it's coming from alternator and if you increase idle speed it just mimics with a same rhythm, right?

Quick Reply: Suggestions on Dealerships for Warranty work?