Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

NorthWest Evolutions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
NorthWest Evolutions?

UPDATE

First Meet of the Year:

4/27/2008 SouthCenter Mall Parking Lot Top Floor 12PM SHARP

Sub Meeting points:

1030- at bothell Fred Myers on bothell everett hwy if wanted to...

11- at Bell Best Buy/ leave at 1130

Hi all

So I've been relatively quiet on this forum (and several others) as of late. There are ever increasing responsibilities at work and a new meddlesome female (oh if she reads this I will never hear the end of it ) to contend with...part of growing up I guess.

Anywhos. I have been procrastinating on writing this thread for a while cause obviously I wanted to write it as best as I can. However, said meddlesome female is about to come over and there goes the rest of the day...so its now or wait until next week pretty much .

People have been asking:

"What has happened to NorthWest Evolutions?"
"Is it Dead?"
"Do I need to take my decals off?"
"When is the next meet?"

No the club isn't dead. Lost a lot of members and the president himself has walked away. Josh, has accepted the post as he did in 2007 before he went on deployment so hopefully he will chime in here .

I want to say that during the last year or so while the club was in full turmoil, I went out and talked to several former members. There are several factions that had "beefs" with other factions and haven't been coming out.

Then some factions had some issues with the past leadership of the club. I want to say, I don't know/understand exactly how all those problems started, nor do I care. Put them aside and lets move on.

But a club, is only as good as its members and right now the dedicated membership of this club is at its lowest. Several former dedicated members don't have Evos any more (Shawn, Seth, Everett etc.). So first and foremost, we have to figure out if there are even enough interested past/present/future members for this club to continue on.

Then there is the "what does this club do?", the mission statement for all intents and purposes that in many cases has either scared people away or disenfranchised them once they got in.

That still isn't clear today. But I will start with what it IS Not (or rather what if it becomes I will strip those side decals off my car with prejudice ):

This club IS NOT:

A "street racing" club or any form of illegal racing on a public roadway
An "import-car-for-hire" club that will ***** itself out to any public "sponsorships" just for sponsorship sakes
A "we-have-your-back-no-matter-what-stupidness-you-do-just-because-you -are-in-the-club" club that will involve itself in many petty disputes that it needs to stay the hell away from.

A few things that it IS:

A club that will conduct itself in such a way to show the public that not all drivers of import cars are street racers
A club that will take part in legal high performance driving (AutoX, lapping days etc.)
A club that takes part in car club associated charities such as the yearly NorthWest Toy Run

Well that should be a good enough start. Let the public speak now

Codgi
Embezzler...errr Treasurer at Large
NorthWest Evolutions

Last edited by codgi; Apr 10, 2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am really interested in this club. I just sold my GSX a few days back to get a down payment for an evo, and when i find the one that is right for me, i will pick it up. But, i am for sure getting an evo in months following, mark my words. I would like to be apart of this club in any way possbile and bring it back up to one of the most known car clubs on the west coast. I can probably do anything that is needed, and help with anything, so shoot me a PM and we will talk. Glad to see your trying to bring it back.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

when i was stationed at fort knox i heard about the NW Evo's group and figured that once i got out here i could meet up with them. right as i got out here i guess things went down hill. if its going to start back up again i'm down to join granted sometimes the army gets my weekends and a 12 to 15 month vacation to sunny iraq. the cool thing that i like about some of the guys i met such as kevin is that it didnt matter what mods you had just as long as you were a fan of working on them or taking them to the track.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would definitely be down for being a part of this club and helping out with anything i can to get meets going or any other kind of gathering.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nightfighter29
when i was stationed at fort knox i heard about the NW Evo's group and figured that once i got out here i could meet up with them. right as i got out here i guess things went down hill. if its going to start back up again i'm down to join granted sometimes the army gets my weekends and a 12 to 15 month vacation to sunny iraq. the cool thing that i like about some of the guys i met such as kevin is that it didnt matter what mods you had just as long as you were a fan of working on them or taking them to the track.
Yeah, they are very friendly out here.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:09 PM

I hope we can bring the group back together. Because at one point we had lots of people and had fun drives to places like alcai beach. dont know if thats how its spelled haha. But we need to start it back up, Hot Import Nights was really the last time we were all together
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Lets make it happen!

Where do i get a decal??? lol
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

lol, hell yeah i need a NW evo's decal for my stryker
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

collin u gay....

anywhat. im ex NW Evo member.. so i hope this time is fresh start for the NW Evo club.. snice Ryan resigned As president. and sold his Evo to brand new Mustang GT..

Alot people are leaving Nw Evo.. it been year... nothing happend.. nothing meets.
dwayne.. u should think about this year Run (cruzing) liek Mt St Helen or something
Old Apr 6, 2008, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Lets get this thing going
Old Apr 6, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

I'm interested in the club. I'd like to belong to a club that isn't judgmental. I'm 35 and most people are wtf are you doing driving a teen bopper car. I have been driving German for the last 10+ years and wish I would have gotten an evo when I wanted one years ago, but I have one now and I'm going to enjoy it.

Does the club have a website or anything?
Old Apr 6, 2008, 09:03 PM

Im interested in joining this group, sounds exciting and fun to be around. Also we can all probably meet up soon so we can get to know each other alittle better.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

LOL. It's funny how you guys developed a faction vs. faction problem over here as well. We have the same thing going on over at srtforums. We don't have an official club over there, but we post meets, get togethers, and wrenching days and people just show up. To tell you the truth, it works really well not to have an official group. But I'm down with which ever way you guys decide to go.

I'm officially an owner now by the way. Picked the Evo up yesterday so I'm ready to rock!!!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
LOL. It's funny how you guys developed a faction vs. faction problem over here as well. We have the same thing going on over at srtforums. We don't have an official club over there, but we post meets, get togethers, and wrenching days and people just show up. To tell you the truth, it works really well not to have an official group. But I'm down with which ever way you guys decide to go.

I'm officially an owner now by the way. Picked the Evo up yesterday so I'm ready to rock!!!
you must sell the srt first. haha just kidding, welcome to the dark side.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by importjake00
you must sell the srt first. haha just kidding, welcome to the dark side.

Off topic, but the traction in 1st and 2nd in the Evo is amazing compared to the "other" one.