Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Northwest Snowboarders United!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Northwest Snowboarders United!

Hey guys,

Starting a thread on snowboarding! I recently picked it up and got seasons pass to Snoqualmie Summit. Anyone else skis/snowboards there? I would love to hitch a ride up there whenever someone has extra room and don't mind an amateur riding along lol
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have gone 3 times this year, but I go to Mt. Baker...
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would def. like to meet some of ya, but I am in Portland and I hit Mt Hood...
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have some high school buddies that live at gov't camp.... yeah they are hippies!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I'll go for a couple more time with you Alvin. LOL I wanna see you and Vince try to do figure 8s around me.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

You should have waited a bit and got a season pass you could ahve used the rest of this season and next season but whatever.

What setup did you end up getting?

I try and go up 2-3 times a week so Ill definitely post if Im going up and we can just split gas..

I have been going to Stevens more recently and might get a pass there next week.

You should really start hitting some blue runs now, those green runs get boring after awhile. When you guys left I tried the black diamond bowl off the pacific crest lift, now that was fun
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

I love snowboard! I get FREE Season passes at Summit.. and Free at Crystal.. I love Crystal beacsue snow is powder and soft.. and plus long riding! too bad i havent snowboard snice I was focus building my Evo Project
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
I love snowboard! I get FREE Season passes at Summit.. and Free at Crystal.. I love Crystal beacsue snow is powder and soft.. and plus long riding! too bad i havent snowboard snice I was focus building my Evo Project
Crystal is the ****
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't mind goin with ya sometime, but finding the time is always an issue with my wife and I. Only been to Stevens around here, but I'd say Whistler is definitely worth the trip and $$$. When I was stationed over in Italy, my wife and I took a ski class and the instructor said he use to ski down-hill professionally for a bit and noted Whistler as one of the best places in the world for skiing. It'd be cool if we could all get together and pitch in on a house up there and have some fun.

Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jeri534
You should really start hitting some blue runs now, those green runs get boring after awhile. When you guys left I tried the black diamond bowl off the pacific crest lift, now that was fun
Yea I was showing Alvin and Vince how to snowboard thats why we were on the easy runs. Normally I'm on wild side and the bowl off the pacific crest. Those are my favorite runs. This is the only year I did get a season pass.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

No more easy runs for me. I'm pretty sure I picked it up quick when I got down nicely without falling on the 4th run and by the 2nd day Vince and I were going faster and turning better. Practice makes perfect so I'm not afraid of falling I fell 12 feet rope-less rock climbing so falling on my *** isn't that bad in comparison haha.

Jeri - I didn't know that but whatever, it's fun I'll get another pass for next year. I like Snoqualmie because it's close and I can hitch a ride I don't mind splitting gas with you at all so I'll PM you my cell # and call me

James - Whistler = WIN! I want to go so bad next year. I LOVE college weekend up there!
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:24 AM

im going to crystal mountian today i cant wait ill be back on sunday
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
Chris, how do you get free passes? I like to know too

I'm still an amateur, been wanting to go since our snow storm.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

well Free is "deaf" lol or with disablity but i have few friends work at summit and Crystal they give me free passes if i want go..

plus WHISTLER or Blackcomb is best!! My cousin have condo in Blackcomb.. im think ask cousin to borrow and brings some friends over there
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Nice! I was out @ the summit friday, sat, and today...neck is freak'n killing me right now though lol! Also picked up a new board