Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Do you have an Evo X for me to test drive?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:08 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Do you have an Evo X for me to test drive?

A lot of you may have seen that I'm selling my Evo. I think I want an Evo X. Is there anyone in the Portland area that has one I could test drive? I'm ok with either manual or SST. I'm not sure if I want to sell my VII for a X this will help me decide.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why dont you just go to the dealership..... (-_-)
Old Jul 7, 2009, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

If you do go for a 10, go with the manual. The MR has to many lame sensors that kill fun.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy@EnglishRacing
If you do go for a 10, go with the manual. The MR has to many lame sensors that kill fun.
And the dual clutch trannies don't like more than 450hp so I hear.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:49 PM
EvoM Community Team

A. There are not any dealerships that have evos.
B. I don't want to deal with the dealership antics.
C. You have to fill out a credit application.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTisRule
And the dual clutch trannies don't like more than 450hp so I hear.
That is precisely why you mod the hell out of the 8's and 9's and just drive the X around and pretend to look pretty.

Just lie your butt off at a dealership that has an Evo X. Tell them you are 99% sure you want to buy one, BUT you HAVE to test drive it first. If you don't like it, just walk. What are they going to do?

And if they hassle you for credit this and that, just walk. I test drove mine before I bought it and all they needed from me was a license and proof of insurance.

Good luck!

Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:36 PM
EvoM Community Team

Problem is there isn't a dealership around here that HAS an evo to test drive.

Either way, I just got done dealing with Town & Country and they were total dicks my wife and me for buying a GTS or a Ralliart. They completely destroyed their chances of us buying a new car from them. So yah, screw the dealership.

The reason I WANTED an MR was because it's the only one that will come with a sunroof.... and I really really really like sunroofs for a lot of reasons.

After test driving the ralliart today with the SST, I'm totally convinced I don't want an SST. It was so boring to drive. Totally kills the fun of driving a car. Lets see.... on, or off and steer. WOW. Look at me go mom!

So, now i'm back to square one. I'm kinda bored with the viii. I don't want to mod it more because I'm afraid I'll start getting rattles and shakes that most modded evos have. Just wish I had another $45k to put down on a GT-R
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Time to come up here to drive one! If you do let me know, i can get you your sticker (because you still haven't gave me your mailing address) and we can do lunch
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:43 PM
EvoM Community Team

Bah Aaron was supposed to give it to you! MidgetMagic is losing his magic

That's awesome. We were planning on coming up to seattle anyways to get away. Possibly in the next 3 weeks.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Problem is there isn't a dealership around here that HAS an evo to test drive.

Either way, I just got done dealing with Town & Country and they were total dicks my wife and me for buying a GTS or a Ralliart. They completely destroyed their chances of us buying a new car from them. So yah, screw the dealership.

The reason I WANTED an MR was because it's the only one that will come with a sunroof.... and I really really really like sunroofs for a lot of reasons.

After test driving the ralliart today with the SST, I'm totally convinced I don't want an SST. It was so boring to drive. Totally kills the fun of driving a car. Lets see.... on, or off and steer. WOW. Look at me go mom!

So, now i'm back to square one. I'm kinda bored with the viii. I don't want to mod it more because I'm afraid I'll start getting rattles and shakes that most modded evos have. Just wish I had another $45k to put down on a GT-R
SST on the MR is not too bad at all. Leave the car still, put it to S-Sport, then you can really experience it. Other than that, it's relaxing to have an auto when cruising around town in sport mode or even normal. I really like it. The MR for the X is all about the handling. It really handles good compared to the stock 8's and 9's. And later on, if you feel like modding it to 400whp, that's plenty for a car that was meant to turn and not so much straight line speed. But if you want to shift and will miss it, pick up a GSR! I am seeing dealers selling them for a pretty good price lately.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:49 PM
EvoM Community Team

Can't get a sunroof with a GSR. I think it's retarded personally. Give me the options I want, don't force me to use a transmission I don't want.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

I dont even think there are any x in the portland area for sale. I asked the guy at town and country if they had any and he gave me the run around. He has to order one and charge me full price. I laughed in his face. I tried south coast but cant get same to answer my questions
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Can't get a sunroof with a GSR. I think it's retarded personally. Give me the options I want, don't force me to use a transmission I don't want.
Damn you and your sun roof!

Just paddle shift everywhere you go then.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 07:57 PM
EvoM Community Team

hehe yah. We'll see. I mean I guess the SST isn't so bad. So with all that being said. The most modern car I've driven of this era is the Ralliart. It'd be nice to actually witness it in a X. Might be a whole lot different.

Far as South Cost goes, just ask sam. I'm sure he can answer any questions. I don't think they can take out of state trade-ins though.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

get aftermarket sunroof

Quick Reply: Do you have an Evo X for me to test drive?