Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Just dynoed 449WHP on stock 2003 turbo :)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
One of Luke's from the 10:1 motor days on stock ECU, MAFT Pro, E98, power steering belt on-

Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
If its on E85, then it should be in the title. I think that is why people are getting ansy.

We have done 449whp on E85 on the stock turbo. The car just has to be setup right.

We have also done 443whp on meth injection 10.8 @ 126 stock turbo.

Its possible on E85
Good point. Thats why we typically like to post the relevant information, but Alex was understandably excited
Old Nov 14, 2009, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
How our dyno compares to others in our area.

http://www.modified.com/tech/modp-09...n/dynojet.html
Old Nov 14, 2009, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love it when the English boys get accused of lying. It makes for a rather humiliating shutdown.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ Aaron and Lucas are great guys and they are highly respected. They don't fudge numbers or do "crazy" things to make stock turbos do "crazy" things.

As Aaron put my numbers up... I pushed my IX turbo fairly hard. Resulted in having to buy a new one Now I have a Red and love it. They are hands down the best tuners in the area or in the US in my opinion and are 100% honest with everyone and are hear to help the evo community. So please to try and discredit anything they say. Thanks

Mikey
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

I would like to add for the newbs that the stock VIII/IX turbo both move 42-44 lbs per min, the Evo 3 is reputed to only move 38 but we have one of those on a 1G Eclipse that made 453whp corrected. The Evo engine bay stays a fairly constant temp unless there is a drastic temperature swing one way or the other so typically the corrected to uncorrected numbers dont swing as much as you'd think. The exception would be if its 90+ or less than 30 out. AS you can see if you clicked on the dyno graph its 52.3 in the dyno cell, and "corrected" corrects to 60* or something low 60s.

Since judging by your post counts (167 & 104) I think you are fairly new around here and have some reading to do to get up to speed about what is and isnt possible. Heck a quick scan of my signature has 3 things that "arent possible" to most people

Everyone else thank you for your continuing support. Shawn it sounds like you had an interesting discovery...I'll call monday
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I would like to add for the newbs that the stock VIII/IX turbo both move 42-44 lbs per min, the Evo 3 is reputed to only move 38 but we have one of those on a 1G Eclipse that made 453whp corrected. The Evo engine bay stays a fairly constant temp unless there is a drastic temperature swing one way or the other so typically the corrected to uncorrected numbers dont swing as much as you'd think. The exception would be if its 90+ or less than 30 out. AS you can see if you clicked on the dyno graph its 52.3 in the dyno cell, and "corrected" corrects to 60* or something low 60s.

Since judging by your post counts (167 & 104) I think you are fairly new around here and have some reading to do to get up to speed about what is and isnt possible. Heck a quick scan of my signature has 3 things that "arent possible" to most people

Everyone else thank you for your continuing support. Shawn it sounds like you had an interesting discovery...I'll call monday
First of all, post count has nothing to do with experience. I could easily ***** this site all day and get a higher number if I wanted to.

I also read the dynosheet. AND I also read the OP's mods. Based on that info, there is still no way in hell the car in question made that amount of power without a high reading dyno. I don't care what fuel was used.

**** I wonder what my VIII would have made on your dyno if it only made 290whp on GST's dyno with bolt-on's and a BBK Full. (Yes I know it is a mustang dyno) Comparatively it made only 30whp more on a local dynojet.

But you're taking us wayy off topic here...

The OP's vehicle is a bolt-ons 03' with the 9.8 hotside VIII turbo. It made 449whp. Fuel unknown, boost unknown. Let's assume it is e85 with a maxed out turbo.

Your fully-built race motor, with higher compression, heavy boost and e85 (albeit on a leaky BOV) made 419whp with a 10.5 VIII turbo.

Jake's car makes 436whp(assuming its also bolt-ons) on your dyno, IX turbo on e85.

Mikes car making 416whp on your dyno with w/m and "a TON of boost"

How does this justify his numbers?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4thStroke
I love it when the English boys get accused of lying. It makes for a rather humiliating shutdown.

I love it more when people take all the effort to join a forum just to back someone up the first sign someone questions a shop in any way.

Go hump someone else's leg with your 1 post.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by cornercarver
I love it more when people take all the effort to join a forum just to back someone up the first sign someone questions a shop in any way.

Go hump someone else's leg with your 1 post.
You are right, I joined back in September in anticipation of the leg humping festivities.

Obviously you have not been around if you think these numbers are impossible.

I was at the dyno when he put these numbers down. He is using E85 and boost is graphed on the dyno sheet.

It's ok, Id be pissed too if I couldn't figure out how to make power.

what about E85? I know a guy down in Vancouver that made 430whp/417tq with a Evo3 16g on his Galant.
I think you are referring to me, those were my numbers. Zach made over 500ftlbs on torque with his 16g 1g. That car was a freak.

Last edited by 4thStroke; Nov 15, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
pretty dyno numbers.

Id rather compare 1320 slips.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 01:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know dynos numbers are all just numbers, however Nate and I were able to get pretty good power out of my stock 9. The car was able to make a good pull and made around 39Xish and 419 tq. This was on a bone stock long block and clutch. Many people said it wasnt possible but it is what it is. I know the car is pretty quick because just rolling it off the line with a 2.56 60ft the car ran a mid 12 @ 113's.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

I don't see why people still don't see that some of these cars respond better to modifications. Whether it is in the build, the very specific parts combination, quality of installations, etc.

We've certainly all seen cars that perform less than expectations so why wouldn't there be some cars that perform better than expectations? I have no reason to doubt the folks at ER as I have personally watched their quality work, and as someone else mentioned in the thread, if the OP is happy with how the car feels, then that is all that really matters. FWIW - pretty much all the tracks are closed up here so 1/4 mile times/trap won't be seen for a while, I'm assuming.

Was this the first tune, miki? Do you know what you were putting down previously? Congrats, and enjoy!
Old Nov 15, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

I used to put down around 370WHP on pump gas along few years ago. other cars with similar bolt ons were about 330-340 whp.

I feel big help from cam gears adjusted to +4, as you can feel when driving past 5000 rpm the car start pulling with a feeling like "vtec" kicks in LOL. So I would atribute about 30WHP to my cam gears settings. Boost peaks under 30 PSI. It spools quite quick as well.

Its really nice to drive it with this power and its very responsive turbo
Old Nov 15, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what are your mods? stock block?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

my mods are listed on the dyno chart on the bottom of it. Yes stock block.

Quick Reply: Just dynoed 449WHP on stock 2003 turbo :)