Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

This community amazes me!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yahu
We thought it might be fuel pump (still could be) but the DO guys pulled the fuel line while I was on the phone with Allstate, and fuel did squirt out. It still could be an issue though, especially since I had just fueled up (I wonder if the filter caught something).
I'm not sure about Shane's though.
I had filled up in S. Everett and had just gotten to Marysville when mine died as I pulled into the driveway. Tried to start it again, started, but didn't even get to move and it died. Then it was just toast. I am really thinking it was the filter on mine, that sounds right.

I'm planning on hitting up Shane's after my show, although I might not quite fit in with the whole theme going on. I'll snag someone's goggles and look like an idiot or something. Haha.

And halfnhalf83, you gotta not be afraid to ask for a hand. You didn't did you, or am I putting my foot in my mouth? Ha. Shoot, I've never been under some guys car on the side of the freeway till this darn evom thing or doing the drive either. But hopefully ...IF... my time comes, someone will be there to lend a hand too.

Wait...edit.... John was going to put on my BOV but I didn't have the recirc. So, yeah, it does go around.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

I called you out, Ryon! At the very end of the first post!

I believe I offered to help at one point, halfnhalf but it sounded like you and your buddies had enough hands. I suppose after day 1 the excess hands started disappearing!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:18 AM

I would officially like to request a sticker Princess in Shining Armor or Who Needs a Knight When There's a Princess, or something dorky like that. Haha.

Last edited by BellyD; Dec 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:53 AM

noob in these forums & to the evo, but it is good to know that there is a good WA community around. Good looking out guys.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 02:32 PM

Treat others the way you want to be treated right? That's the way it should be!

You said it best, Angie!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Angie deserves the sticker. My thoughts: "Official EvoM curbside pickup"

I'll let Shane fill in the details, but it sounds like Jordon gets props too!

An update to my situation - there was a bit of a communication mixup as I was waiting for Aaron to call when he was leaving Aberdeen. It turns out he already got to Auburn and diagnosed the problem. The MAP sensor has gone South; possibly something leaking on it. He is going to ship one up from ER sometime this week and I'll get down there to hopefully get the issue fixed.

Thanks to Aaron and also thanks again to Bob at the Drift Office, once again! I felt horrible that I didn't make it down but I was waiting for the phone to ring as I ran errands!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Daniel, you genuinely sound great ful. I'm sure because of this it won't be the last time you will get help when in need.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I feel bad for you Danny boy, sounds like its just one thing after another. That sucks, hopefully this is the last one, at least for this year...

Shane blew a coupler off, unfortunately it was just too dark and cold out to fix it so he had to abandon it.

We went back today and messed around, he had said he checked the piping, and it definitely sounded like a leak so we checked the WG, until I felt something blowing on my leg I'm like wth is blowing on, oh, I found it.

Ultimately the inlet of his intercooler is at a wacky angle, he just needs to order a 45* connector and it should work great.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

^when he called before you guys found the problem I was asking him questions that would typically be associated with a blown pipe/coupler. It sounded like the symptoms and glad that was it. Time for t-bolts and SD! At least that way he can get to a good stopping point to investigate!
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah definitely time for some T-bolts, I don't know, sounds like on SD if you're map sensor goes out you're effed.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

VERY nice to hear I havent been too active on these boards but if anyone ever needs help or a place to work on there car. I got an air compressor air tools jacks, stands, a bunch of crap to make life easier! Let me know! Im in the bothell area...
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
Account Disabled

In some cases you can unplug the TPS and limp it off the highway. This may not be the case on the evo however, unfortunately. I would get a DSM TPS and just plug that in and leave it hanging in the engine bay. That should give it a good enough signal that you can limp (and I do mean limp) it around.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
TPS had thrown a code apparently but was fine when I got to it, the MAP sensor was reading -13psig no matter what. I am thinking we have a bad sensor maybe because of methanol poisoning?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry to here that Daniel... Glad the girls were okay
Old Dec 6, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

^thanks Freddie. Best of luck down South (I think you already left).

TPS code was cleared by ODBII scanner to see if we could get the car to limp at that point, but it wasn't happening. Hopefully the TPS doesn't thrown another code once the MAP sensor goes in (i.e. - hopefully the MAP was the root cause).

Matt - what is the current status with your car?! I think last I saw you were getting a new WG, but haven't seen if that happened yet!

*edit - just read your post about the trip, Freddie! Looks like you could use a little good luck for a change! Yikes!

Last edited by yahu; Dec 6, 2009 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply: This community amazes me!!