Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Who ran and got caught by the cops in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I wonder how often they radio ahead or call a helicopter if someone runs from a routine speeding ticket. Why waste tax dollars on a helicopter just because some guy with an otherwise clean record ran from a 5 mph over speeding ticket?

That's funny he got caught though. Not hard to get caught, I'm sure. Or people would be running all the time. Helicopter may be too expensive to call for, but radioing another officer down the street is a piece of cake.
They assume that if you are running from a traffic ticket, that you are afraid of revealing bigger issues (warrant, drugs, robbery, etc)
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GEOFF[4G63]
They assume that if you are running from a traffic ticket, that you are afraid of revealing bigger issues (warrant, drugs, robbery, etc)
What fun would it be to run and wind up only having run because of the speeding ticket? "Yeah, sorry, you guys totally wasted your money, I'm completely clean, but thanks for letting me know my tax dollars are getting well spent"
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:29 AM
DsB

well if youre completely clean then why run from the cops...its a complete douchebag move and i hate to say it but i wish he would have hit a tree. like someone said b4, you can outrun a cop car, but you cant outrun police radio, and if you run from the police you get hurt
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by brk4sti
You can never outrun the radio
true but the radio has to know were your goin.......
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

What fun would it be to run and wind up only having run because of the speeding ticket? "Yeah, sorry, you guys totally wasted your money, I'm completely clean, but thanks for letting me know my tax dollars are getting well spent"
thats if they don't shoot you, like what happened in socal I believe. I can't find the thread right now but it was on here. Maybe in the crash thread. Evo running from the cops crashed, went to take off their seatbelt and got shot.

If you started to run and then got caught, and said that, it would be funny however I don't think that the cops would enjoy it.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Good point about a helicopter UT. I'm sure somewhere like Vancouver, WA they wouldn't call out the whirly-bird as I doubt it would already be airborn. Somewhere more metro with a chopper more likely already in the air they just might.

*Agreed with Geoff, do anything other than cooperate with the police and they get pissed. Once I was simply taking a left (already in the turn lane when the lights went on) and then an immediate right into a small, enclosed parking lot, to be out of the way of traffic. Needless to say, the cop assumed I was trying to run and was pissed!

Last edited by yahu; Mar 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:37 AM

I saw this car at the UT auto Show last month its nuts.

from chargerforums:
"So, a Chargerforums member mentioned that he knew that the UHP was getting three 5.7 liter Charger police cars fitted with all the SRT exterior stuff, bodywork, brakes, and wheels, and to top it off, a supercharger.

Now, Ive heard this sort of thing a hundred times before, almost as many times as Ive heard of SRT patrol cars, so I asked his source, which is usually where these stories fall apart, its third hand, or nothing to corroborate it.

Imagine my surprise when he siad he knew the guy doing the work, and even more, had pics showing everything clearly. So, any UHP guys have any info you can share about this? Its a real patrol unit, and thats a real blower under the hood. And I cant imagine anyone stupid enough to put false UHP plates and marking on one.

Its not the ever elusive SRT patrol car, but still pretty crazy. Conservatively, thats about 8-10K just for the non-police stuff, Spoiler, hood, fascia, and since SRT stuff doesnt come white, that all had to be bought and painted. SRT wheels, at $700 each, theres $2800, tires another $1200. Brembo brakes, another 1-2K"

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...5&postcount=20

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...6&d=1223579975

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...8&d=1223579990

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...5&d=1223579963

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...7&d=1223579982

Last edited by SpeedingEvo; Mar 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: quotes
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

^they must really be making their quota!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:45 AM

Trust me they are I see at least 2-3 people pulled over on my 20 min drive to work!!! lol
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
Good point about a helicopter UT. I'm sure somewhere like Vancouver, WA they wouldn't call out the whirly-bird as I doubt it would already be airborn. Somewhere more metro with a chopper more likely already in the air they just might.

*Agreed with Geoff, do anything other than cooperate with the police and they get pissed. Once I was simply taking a left (already in the turn lane when the lights went on) and then an immediate right into a small, enclosed parking lot, to be out of the way of traffic. Needless to say, the cop assumed I was trying to run and was pissed!
Henderson PD in nevada is a pain in the *** about traffic stops. They have 2-3 cars on a traffic stop on some retired 90 year old going 2 over the limit. I got lit up as I was at a stop sign and I tried to make the turn so as not to hold up the traffic directly at the stop sign and he got all nuts with the sirens. Mind you he stopped me because he ran my plates and said they were suspended. I tell him I am not sure why because everything is up to date. He comes back 5 minutes later saying, "The reason they came up suspended is because I typed in 797 instead of 792 on your plate because I couldn't read it due to your license plate cover"

dick.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

thats if they don't shoot you, like what happened in socal I believe. I can't find the thread right now but it was on here. Maybe in the crash thread. Evo running from the cops crashed, went to take off their seatbelt and got shot.

If you started to run and then got caught, and said that, it would be funny however I don't think that the cops would enjoy it.
If I were to be dumb enough to run, and then even more dumb enough to crash. I wouldn't ****ing move until they told me to. When I get pulled over I shut off the car, take the keys out and throw them on the dash, leave my seatbelt on, and keep my hands on the wheel until they say otherwise, I don't move for my license or registration until they say so.

Originally Posted by SpeedingEvo
I saw this car at the UT auto Show last month its nuts.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...7&d=1223579982
We have some of the coolest cop cars. I've seen some crazy *** undercover **** too. I wonder if my friend that works for the government and knows a bunch of the UHP guys knows any more about them.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
^they must really be making their quota!
HAHA, you can always tell when it is qouta time cuase they pull you over for stupid stuff! no front plate... i have not been pulled over for 2 years with no front plate then all the sudden it is 3 times a D*** day!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:54 AM

+1 for that. Thats a good point you made.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

If I were to be dumb enough to run, and then even more dumb enough to crash. I wouldn't ****ing move until they told me to. When I get pulled over I shut off the car, take the keys out and throw them on the dash, leave my seatbelt on, and keep my hands on the wheel until they say otherwise, I don't move for my license or registration until they say so.
Kind of contradictory, how do you know that if you were dumb enough to do those two first things, that you wouldn't be dumb enough to do the 3rd thing? Not saying that you are dumb, but obviously the driver was retarded and didn't have a clue how to react intelligently in a given situation. Once people start off in a downhill manner, it usually doesn't get better.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

^good point.

BTW, I know some people in the Sparks or Reno PD. Not a pretty sight... My wife dated one of them and he was obsessed with her. Needless to say I don't break any rules when we visit down there!

Originally Posted by 06GraphiteEvoIX
HAHA, you can always tell when it is qouta time cuase they pull you over for stupid stuff! no front plate... i have not been pulled over for 2 years with no front plate then all the sudden it is 3 times a D*** day!
That and they are everywhere! I was coming home from the ferry a few weeks ago and from i90 to i405 to SR-522 I think I counted 14 cops, WSP and non, with 6 of those actively pulling someone over. Date check - tail end of January.

Last edited by yahu; Mar 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Who ran and got caught by the cops in Vancouver