Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Who ran and got caught by the cops in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4thStroke
There was a kid who worked at Pac Sun at the Vancouver mall who had a yellow Evo. I dont know if he still works there.

I wont stop for a violation if I know where I can go to get away and/or nobody was at risk of getting hurt. I know where I can speed (for the most part) and get away with it, but to run in a city is stupid (unless you know exactly where to go).
I would pay to see you try.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

^Down in the Vancouver area, especially with something like a Galant (if I'm pretty sure they didn't get my plates), it might be worth it. Hell - jump the border and call for a pickup! I'd park my batch for a week or two if need be!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 02:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was with my buddy and we were out tuning his integra all day. not bad for a honda at all btw hes doin 10.6's in it lol

I knew he didnt have a license and we were doin some 4th gear highway pulls. Later that day we got lit up by a cop goin the other way (he looked at me weird) and took off. By the time the cop turned around he couldnt see us. and left him in the dust.

He did around 140 I told him to let me out so he took the next turn off not to far about a mile from my house, bad thing was the cop had him on video! as he passed us he got a image of the plate. Went to his house that night and arrested him. got him for wreckless and evading. Not a good combination. moral of the story (take ur front plate off) haha
Old Mar 2, 2010, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

Those crappy in-car cameras were able to get his plate from across the interstate? They must have nicer cameras cause the ones I see on COPS look horrible.

That 9sec civic built by SpeedFactory has 850fwhp, how much is your buddy pushing? Must be in the 600s, or more assuming a heavier car?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

A few weeks ago just outside Calgary, AB a Lancer got ran off on the Sheriff. They clocked him doing 184km/h, and the officers must have been sitting on the side of the road when it happened since it was on a long straight stretch of highway where they easily could have caught them. I ended up being pulled over by 3 Sheriffs because I fit the exact description of the one that got away. For some reason, they figured that the driver had turned around to pass them again!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:17 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
... That's a better method than chasing a car through the streets or suburbia risking innocent civilians lives. I am VERY against car chases. Get the guy's license plate, go to his house. Pull over people that look like him. I feel very strongly about police chases.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MadPatter
A few weeks ago just outside Calgary, AB a Lancer got ran off on the Sheriff. They clocked him doing 184km/h, and the officers must have been sitting on the side of the road when it happened since it was on a long straight stretch of highway where they easily could have caught them. I ended up being pulled over by 3 Sheriffs because I fit the exact description of the one that got away. For some reason, they figured that the driver had turned around to pass them again!
Stop lying! We all know Lancers don't go that fast!

Of course I'm kidding, I haven't even bothered to think about how fast that is in mph. If I ever did run from a cop though, I would likely change directions and drive as close to "toward them" as I could, knowing they would be going the opposite direction. I certainly wouldn't go right by them, but that isn't a bad story. "If I were speeding, do you think I'd come back?"
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RaptorReed

You see these signs all over VA, but never any aircraft. That pic is actually on I-64 in VA heading towards Roanoke, VA.

SC I've seen a blacked out Highway Patrol Mustang (newer body style), only way I noticed he was a cop, was the fact he had some guy pulled over already and you could see the strobes flashing in the grill.

I-64 is a nice highway going through the Blue Ridge
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
Those crappy in-car cameras were able to get his plate from across the interstate? They must have nicer cameras cause the ones I see on COPS look horrible.

That 9sec civic built by SpeedFactory has 850fwhp, how much is your buddy pushing? Must be in the 600s, or more assuming a heavier car?
hes into the 600s not sure exact numbers

heres before he cranks the boost up he hasnt uploaded any recent ones when we changed to a precision and turned the boost to around 25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7K9p...eature=channel
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

^when did Honda/Acura release a hatchback Integra?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

integra's are hatch's muahah.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

If the camera is what I think it is... it snaps a shot of the plates as they go by. It's a system that they use that automatically runs plates to see if the vehicle is stolen or not. It's a very fast shutter, so speed isn't a factor.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
I have stories from back in the day. It is possible to outrun the radio, you just need to be able to listen to them talking.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by k20toEVO
I was with my buddy and we were out tuning his integra all day. not bad for a honda at all btw hes doin 10.6's in it lol

I knew he didnt have a license and we were doin some 4th gear highway pulls. Later that day we got lit up by a cop goin the other way (he looked at me weird) and took off. By the time the cop turned around he couldnt see us. and left him in the dust.

He did around 140 I told him to let me out so he took the next turn off not to far about a mile from my house, bad thing was the cop had him on video! as he passed us he got a image of the plate. Went to his house that night and arrested him. got him for wreckless and evading. Not a good combination. moral of the story (take ur front plate off) haha
yea they might get ur plate but whos to say that they can prove who the driver was? same thing with the dumb red light cameras, they might get ur plate but if they dont have your face then they cant prove you were the driver haha unless they get your face on camera too
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I have stories from back in the day. It is possible to outrun the radio, you just need to be able to listen to them talking.
Hahaha yeah...

Only way I'd run is if the cop wasn't moving, or going the wrong direction when I went by. There is very little chance he could get you then, given there are no other cops in front of you when he calls it in.

Quick Reply: Who ran and got caught by the cops in Vancouver