Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

4/23 Seattle 2 Mt. Rainier 2 St. Helens cruise

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yahu
say ****?! BTW - do you want me to bring ol' PC to Famous Daves tomorrow?
Hahaha. Maybe, I'll let you know tomorrow. My evo is up on jackstands at the moment and I'm too tired to keep working. I should have everything back together in time to make it to FD.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN
WTF is going on here....
What do you mean? We're going cruising from Seattle to Mt St Helens area on Friday then autocrossing on Saturday and Sunday in Packwood. Oh and Dan is handing out BBS wheels like free candy out of a molest me van.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by autoxer_minh
free candy out of a molest me van.
I'm in!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

^ damn, just sold the chilly-mo van

As for the Auto-X if it happens for me it will be last second type thing... Currently having some issues with the female that was to be the co-pilot for the drive as she is not excited about spending 8 hours saturday standing cones up in taped squares to watching 180 seconds of hawtness (sans cone penalties of course).

As for wheels, whats all this talk? I have stock IX rims and blizzaks. what are you talking about?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:50 AM
Evolved Member

What do you mean? We're going cruising from Seattle to Mt St Helens area on Friday then autocrossing on Saturday and Sunday in Packwood. Oh and Dan is handing out BBS wheels like free candy out of a molest me van.
lol! BTW - couldn't do the wheel today cause I brought 4 to Ryan. I didn't want it to bang around in the bed...and in general, I just plain forgot!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by yahu
lol! BTW - couldn't do the wheel today cause I brought 4 to Ryan. I didn't want it to bang around in the bed...and in general, I just plain forgot!
It's too early. I read it as.... I didn't want to go bang around in the bed..... I was like, wtf?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

And why did he encriminate other EvoM members with his bed-banging?

Okay, back on topic:

Kyle/Sammy/Minh, what time do you guys want to start cruising down? My thoughts were early afternoonish?

Minh and I meet up in Southcenter, then cruise to Tacoma Krispy Kreme and pick up you south enders and do a little cruise? I will have Sofia with me and will not be able to make the auto-x due to tires/co-pilot situations so you guys can split off on the way back.

I will have my DSLR but would like for Sammy (the professional photographer in the group!) to do some rolling shots and perhaps have her switch cars to get shots for everybody and with car combinations? (under the assumption that Sir Kyle and Sammy carpool in ze evo)
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, news break.

Ryan that sounds like a good plan to me. But unfortunately samy has to work Fri night, so she was going to roll down Fri night after work with ze Evo (autox in the morning) and I was going to roll with ya'll with ze Honda.

Minh, where do you think we should stay? At that hotel??
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sir Kyle
Ok, news break.

Ryan that sounds like a good plan to me. But unfortunately samy has to work Fri night, so she was going to roll down Fri night after work with ze Evo (autox in the morning) and I was going to roll with ya'll with ze Honda.

Thats not a big deal, she can ride down with us as proposed above (with taking photographs from various cars while rolling)

and I can drop her off at your guys' house on the way back as I cant do the Auto-x either and will be going right past your house!

Does that help?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Samy and I are autox ing our cars on Saturday. She is driving her car and I am driving mine. She gets off work at 8pm Fri night with a possiblity of early release. But we'll be in Packwood by then. Unless you want to wait for Samy to get off work but then we'd be cruising in tha dark and unable to take pics anyway. So she can meet Minh and I down south and skip the cruise.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

^ looks like I read your first reply wrong.

Okay, whatever works for you guys.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:06 AM

Wait, what time are you guys leaving?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

^technically still TBD, but probably early afternoon.

Originally with the Mt. Rainier portion of the drive it was going to take a full day. but its quite short now with I-5 replacing some twisties.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sir Kyle
Ok, news break.

The Packwood Hotel was what I was thinking. If they're booked up there are a couple of other places in town that are just as cheap. I'll give them a call this afternoon to check.

The other option is to go home after the cruise and wake up *** early Saturday morning to do the long drive to Packwood. About 2-2.5 hours from Lakewood, 90 mile drive. So, on the road by 5am to hit the 7:30-8:30 registration window. That's not too bad.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

The Packwood Hotel was what I was thinking. If they're booked up there are a couple of other places in town that are just as cheap. I'll give them a call this afternoon to check.

The other option is to go home after the cruise and wake up *** early Saturday morning to do the long drive to Packwood. About 2-2.5 hours from Lakewood, 90 mile drive. So, on the road by 5am to hit the 7:30-8:30 registration window. That's not too bad.
look up the "peters inn resterant bar and hotel" in packwood, my friend from morton knows the owner and could make a call for a good rate.

Quick Reply: 4/23 Seattle 2 Mt. Rainier 2 St. Helens cruise