Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Portland Area Tire Shops

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2010, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nitto isnt something that we carry a ton of, and im seeing alot of stuff raise in price now because of the taxing in china and soon to be taiwan. theyre changing alot of rates and its messing up the business. we have 6-10 specific tires built for us that we get at dirt cheap, then with certain tires we get an awesome price because we work with dealers and they work with us. nitto is the same company as toyo and since toyo is so huge with les schwab thats another reason are prices are higher. yes people can sell tires cheaper either a- they got it on special and got a special deal or b- that retailer has a special deal with the company to mainly sell those tires. the majority of the time when online distributors are selling tires they get a certain amount at a special price. we sell everything and anything literally. i can get ahold of any tire on the market because of our name and status with the majority of the tire business. your local manager should have matched the shipped price and changed you for 20.00 mount and balance plus the state fee and 2.50 throwing away the old. I have literally nothing to do with negotiating with manufacturers because im not corporate. there's a reason behind everything...

again as stated above when you buy tires on the comp and have them installed somewhere you may have the problem of the installer not taking care of you. (not saying anything bad at all about any retailer) i just know why we charge so much for loose stuff that came offline because first off as a customer i would expect a free tire if one was broken(bead tear, impact break, kinked bead) something along those lines because i had a 3rd party install them. that online store wont take care of you because a they dont have anyone who will willingly install them for you or b they do and theres no one in the area and you have to drive a ways to get the installed. so from a business perspective and a salesman wouldnt you charge more to mount, dismount, balance, valves, toss old so that if it did happen you could give your customer a new tire. i dont know of any online store that does that. I guarantee that we take care of our customers, and if for some reason a discount tire or americas tire hasnt, let me know.