Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Portland Area Tire Shops

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Portland Area Tire Shops

Where is the best place to buy tires at? I usually go to Les Schwab but there are a bit pricey.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes Costco has rebates that are pretty decent.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Costco, America's Tire. The last is where I buy all my tires for all of our vehicles.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Discount tire if you know somebody
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

i buy mine off tire easy.com and have them installed for 9 bucks a tire on my rims at dicks tires by 122nd and foster. They do awsome work and you can save alot of money buying ur own tires online then taking them there to swap them. look them up i give them a + and there cheap
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

u kno its them if u see a really small shop with an old man and women working there
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:18 AM
Evolving Member

I found the tires I wanted online at onlinetires dot com and then had discount tire price match the tires.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

IIRC Costco does tires for $10 each. I think they'll do tires you didn't buy from them but I'm not sure. DTC beats Costco, so I imagine they are cheap too.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Good news!! My car has less than 10,000 miles. The dealership is going to replace my tires for free, and yes with the same Yokohama Advans that came with the car. Hell must have froze over.

Last edited by JDZNate; Apr 22, 2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
If you are willing to drive a bit north into Washington there is an Evom member who manages a Discout Tire who can likely get you the best deal around. Plus he will likely throw in mounting and balancing for free. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...860-tires.html

Make sure you check online for manufacturers rebates too!

Last edited by nemsin; Apr 22, 2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

i work for discount tire/americas tire
pm me and ill see what i can do!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Well the dealership is replacing them for free but as soon as I go through the new one I will get in touch. Also I went to Discount tire here in Portland and the definatly had the best deals.

Originally Posted by 03Evo8DTC
i work for discount tire/americas tire
pm me and ill see what i can do!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDZNate
Well the dealership is replacing them for free but as soon as I go through the new one I will get in touch. Also I went to Discount tire here in Portland and the definatly had the best deals.
The one out in Beaverton uses nitrogen and I love their service. (It's right off 185th south of 26). I still drive out there to have all the tires rotated on my vehicles.

Congrats on gettin some free A046's... they aren't cheap, that's for sure.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

yes i just moved to the new store and opened it up in bonney lake
we are nitrogen ONLY store first in the company
yokohama is pretty good about getting you tires for free the first 10000 miles is the grace period on them. whenever you are ready let me know and ill make sure we make it happen. my issue with buying tires offline and having them installed at either a no name shop or les schwab (not talking bad) they either change too much or not enough, not enough being they wont take car of you if a tire is damaged in the process of mounting it or road hazard, we give you the free road hazard and offer 100% replacement coverage. the thing with our 100% replacement is that if you have 1 tire bad and cant just replace one we replace the 1 for free and Pro Rate the other 3 and give you a hell of a deal. I personally know of no other shop that does that. Being the largest independent tire retailer in the world we have the say to do almost anything we want.!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03Evo8DTC
yes i just moved to the new store and opened it up in bonney lake
we are nitrogen ONLY store first in the company
yokohama is pretty good about getting you tires for free the first 10000 miles is the grace period on them. whenever you are ready let me know and ill make sure we make it happen. my issue with buying tires offline and having them installed at either a no name shop or les schwab (not talking bad) they either change too much or not enough, not enough being they wont take car of you if a tire is damaged in the process of mounting it or road hazard, we give you the free road hazard and offer 100% replacement coverage. the thing with our 100% replacement is that if you have 1 tire bad and cant just replace one we replace the 1 for free and Pro Rate the other 3 and give you a hell of a deal. I personally know of no other shop that does that. Being the largest independent tire retailer in the world we have the say to do almost anything we want.!
Please don't take this the wrong way but I am asking this as a question to see your thoughts.

You stated and my local store manager stated that discount tire is the largest independent tire retailer and even bragged about how many stores discount tire has. So why don't you guys have that great of pricing? I mean my Nitto's that I just put on the manager did not want to price match the online price that I had due to he showed me that his cost on the tire was more than the online price and he would loose money to sell me the tire at the online price. If you guys are so large then why don't you negotioate with the manufacture so that you get better pricing than a online retailer. I do understand overhead costs but if someone can sell it cheaper than you guys can even get the tire for then there is something wrong.

Quick Reply: Portland Area Tire Shops