Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

July 9th - 1st Annual Evom West Coast Drive - Oregon Evo drive

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:12 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
About 35 cars... probably half will show though lol
Old Jul 7, 2011, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
About 35 cars... probably half will show though lol

Sweet! Can't wait.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be driving up the morning of from Eugene area if anbybody wants to get a caravan going pm me
Old Jul 7, 2011, 09:28 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by mclaren
I know the route But I was told not to tell...still not sure if I will be able to drive down from Seattle yet
36 hour till the meet BUMP!!!!

Guys, drove the new route tonight, WOW. We are going to have fun for sure. LOL @ the ones that don't make it, I honestly believe this will be the best drive I've been on.

I'll also have some coupons for some INSANE car audio discounts and will be bringing a dozen donuts since someone else is bringing some as well. So excited.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

^This....

Washed the Evo tonight so it will at least be presentable. It won't be detailed like I wanted but that's ok. Glad the weather is going to be awesome as well. Donuts abound! See you @ Perrin around 9:30.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds good, cant wait either. Plus one for me, will be bringing down a friend.
will be good to meet all you guys
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:53 PM

change of plans for me, family is in town and dont get to see them very often so unable to cruise have a great time. Maybe next time for me
Old Jul 8, 2011, 06:15 AM

If it wouldn't take almost 4 hours to get there, I would have gone. Oh well. At least Oregonians finally have a good cruise going.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty positive I am going to make it.I'm excited.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:48 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by BellyD
If it wouldn't take almost 4 hours to get there, I would have gone. Oh well. At least Oregonians finally have a good cruise going.
This is annual, every year will be a different location. Next year may be in northern cali. Haven't decided yet.

Northend guys always seem to have drives. I will say I'm actually pretty disappointed more northend guys aren't coming down. They seem to come down for meets and drives with English, but not this one.

Anyways, 26 more hours!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:17 AM

In all fairness, it was not super hyped and discussed among people or voted on or anything like that, as far as the cruise itself, prior to becoming an annual NW EvoM cruise. It was just a regular cruise that all the sudden got that title.

So yeah, it sort of sucked a little not having more people's input as far as where it was going to happen and making a NW annual cruise and letting all the NW EvoM peeps have more say in it. And CA isn't in the NW (I think it said NW somewhere, but sorry if I'm mistaken.)

I guess I would've expected such a title holding cruise to cover more territory, like going along the WA and OR coast or something, and making it a big event that everyone from the region would want to go to. It would have to be bigger than normal local cruises, like more territory and longer than usual, and where more time is spent during the cruise than getting there. Having a few different spots along the way where people can meet up and hang out even if they couldn't go on the whole cruise. That type of stuff. That's just my opinion though. But I do think that'd be awesome to have a huge event like that.

And hey, I don't see Oregon people at the annual Deception Pass Cruise put on up here that's in it's 3rd year, but the invite has always been offered.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:42 AM
EvoM Community Team

It's not an annual northwest cruise, it's an annual WEST coast cruise. IE could be in southern california or british columbia, nothing is off limits.

I showed Noize, he told me he wanted it to be the annual west coast evolutionm.net cruise, he's going to do the annual east coast cruise.

That way the whole country can participate.

Seattle gets enough cruises as it is, to the point it needed to be in another area so others could participate that normally can't.

Point being, northenders usually participate in things down here, I'm confused why not this time. It's still held at Perrin where I've seen northenders come down for just a meet, so I figured it wouldnt' be difficult to do that again.

I tried getting people to talk about in the WA chat thread, but only yahu would bring it up and everyone would just ignore him.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:53 AM

Ah, West coast.

Don't get mad at us Seattle peeps just cause we put on more cruises or what not. Actually, we just get wild hairs up our *** once in a while and do random get togethers, but that's just because people take it on themselves and get something going, just like you did for Oregon. Guess we just have more people start stuff around here. And funny about Yahu . Maybe it was just so close to summer already so it couldn't get that much attention cause there was already a bunch of stuff in the works.

Hopefully it'll grow next year and just start talking about it in spring so people can plan accordingly and look at their vacations and stuff. I think that's why we do the Deception pass at the end of August, cause everyone's so busy in July and there are a lot of shows and events and stuff.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 09:12 AM
EvoM Community Team

Honestly I'm happy with the turn out. Just some guys from northend I wanted to see.

One thing I was worried about is making the drive too long for ones that drive long distances to get here.

Next year, now that I know the importance of the drive I'll poll around march of how long to make it. I do like your idea of including all states. Maybe drive from Olympia to Sacramento. With various stops over 3 days. That way people could easily join in during any of the days.

Or just completely change the location to another state.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 09:13 AM

My EVC took a dump. Still coming,but may have to control boost with the right foot... FTL

Quick Reply: July 9th - 1st Annual Evom West Coast Drive - Oregon Evo drive