Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

lake fair car show, not just for hotrods

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2004, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lake fair car show, not just for hotrods

here's the deal, my mom is on the board for lakefair and volunteered me and my dad to run the car show this year. for those of you that don't know what lake fair is, it's Olympias summer fair/festival, this year it takes place july 14th though the 17th

In the past years the car show was typically a hotrod show (over 250 cars last year), but what I found out was that it is open to anyone, it was just the board only promoted the show to people with hotrods, but now that i'm incharge, things are changing, i wanna show peole that hotrods are the past but imports are the future. thats why this year I have arranged a speacial section just for imports.

The show is on july 16th, it starts around 5pm and goes until you wanna leave, there will be food and live bands. the cost right now is $25, still working on the price and what you get for that price. there will be awards given out. they had around 50 awards/trophies last year and I'm working to get more this year. I'm hoping to break the awards down so the imports and hotrods will be judged seperetly. we will have are own parking lot so we won't be mixed in with the hotrods either. I'm actually trying to work it out so the same kind of cars can be in the same area, as in mazdas with mazdas, nissans with nissans, ect.
Right now I 'm just looking for a show of hands of people that would be interested in attending so I can tell the board of lakefair what to expect and to show them how big this thing can really be.

I will be posting this on other forums and handing out proshures, the more cars the better. I would love for this to be the beging of somthing big and somthing we can all look forward to in the years to come. I will be posting updates and feel free to ask any ?'s
Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

two questions, what day is the actual car show and is there a best club trophy?
Old Apr 7, 2004, 03:28 PM

the show is july 16th, starting around 5pm. not sure what kind of trophies are going to be awarded, thats still one of the things I'm working on. it kinda depends on how many people I get to come.