Notices

Outlander Sport Recalls

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 12:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
it was a Monday @ 2pm so right after lunch everyone should have been in a great mood lol, oh well it got fixed.
Was funny one of the big wigs came down to talk to the staff and when I went out he was looking at my car sticking his head in the window. I walked up on him, he asked if it was my car and what I had done to it. He was a nice guy so I popped the hood and showed him the stuff I had done, then he gave me his personal business card and asked me to give him a call because he wants to use my O.S. for promotion and on there website. So that was cool.
That's exactly why I have a camera in my car recording at all times. I've caught the mechanics at Mitsubishi being inappropriate with my car numerous times. What dicks.
Old May 11, 2015, 06:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks like there's a blower motor issue on the 2011's:

http://driving.ca/mitsubishi/auto-ne...tlander-models
Old May 12, 2015, 02:27 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Not sure this was posted as I just found out after replacing the old owner's info at Mits.

Mitsubishi Motors North America is extending the warranty covering the front exhaust pipe seal ring on certain Mitsubishi Lancer and Outlander vehicles.

According to Mitsubishi, the front exhaust pipe seal ring on the affected vehicles may corrode from prolonged exposure to anti-freezing agents that are used to clear ice and snow from roadways in cold weather states.

Vehicles receiving the warranty extension include model year 2008-2011 Mitsubishi Lancer and Outlander, 2009-2011 Lancer Sportback, and 2011 Outlander Sport models.

Mitsubishi is extending the exhaust pipe seal ring warranty from 5 years/60,000 miles to 10 years/120,000 miles, whichever comes first.

For vehicle owners that have already had the front exhaust pipe seal ring replaced due to this condition and paid for the repair out-of-pocket, Mitsubishi is offering full reimbursement. Simply send your original repair order or invoice AND your original receipt/proof of payment to Mitsubishi Customer Relations Department, P.O. Box 6400, Cypress, CA 90630-0064.

Owners with questions about the warranty extension or repair reimbursement can contact Mitsubishi Customer Relations toll-free at 888-648-7820.

Reference: TSB-14-15-001

Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...outlander.html
Old Jun 22, 2015, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it was a Monday @ 2pm so right after lunch everyone should have been in a great mood lol, oh well it got fixed.
Was funny one of the big wigs came down to talk to the staff and when I went out he was looking at my car sticking his head in the window. I walked up on him, he asked if it was my car and what I had done to it. He was a nice guy so I popped the hood and showed him the stuff I had done, then he gave me his personal business card and asked me to give him a call because he wants to use my O.S. for promotion and on there website. So that was cool.
This sounds like what happened to me with a 1998 Nissan 200SX I had. The fix: they took out the bulb, do, I would check that if you haven't. Lol
Old Jun 30, 2015, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just got a blower motor recall on the O.S. in the mail yesterday, said that it can be fixed in .5 hours and if left unchecked can go out causing the front windshield to be fogged up do to the blower motor not being functional which could lead to bad visibility, a car care do to the lack of visibility, and DEATH lol.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
i just got a blower motor recall on the O.S. in the mail yesterday, said that it can be fixed in .5 hours and if left unchecked can go out causing the front windshield to be fogged up do to the blower motor not being functional which could lead to bad visibility, a car care do to the lack of visibility, and DEATH lol.
Buddy, that's NO joke!

Not directly related but similar >
We had our FSR failed in our BMW and it happened during a humid morning.. which caused all the windows to fog up as we were driving (on the highway) and you couldn't see anything. No matter how fast you wiped the inside surface, it would just fog up immediately again.
Dangerous as ****.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

well that sucks, now I am second guessing waiting, my defogger is working fine right now, but....
Old Jun 30, 2015, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

just sucks the dealership is so far from my house and the f'd up freeway construction adds another 30 minutes... even when there is no traffic
Old Jun 30, 2015, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

^
Well, you can keep one of these in the vehicle as a temporary backup solution.

Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

I still have not heard back from my dealer about the belt and tensioner they are getting in stock, starting to get up set esp. if it is causing damage to the pulleys...
FInally go this done a couple weeks back after waiting for a couple months for the parts. No pulley issue - just a new belt which is a nice thing to get on a 5 yr old car. FWIW, I saw the cost - $225 CAD for the inspection and replacement.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

FInally go this done a couple weeks back after waiting for a couple months for the parts. No pulley issue - just a new belt which is a nice thing to get on a 5 yr old car. FWIW, I saw the cost - $225 CAD for the inspection and replacement.
Ha!
A $5 belt & $110/hr labor X2.
Typical

(Guess neither the part nor labor is covered under 10yr warranty. Rather they pay me the labor charge and I'll buy the belt, myself.)
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it would be a ripoff if it wasn't a recall. Serp belt on my old Caravan was 90 bucks installed. Not at a dealer, of course.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

dealer up cost like a mug lol
Old Jun 30, 2015, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

You know, having been a high priced consultant, I can appreciate a reasonable hourly rate. But the dealers charge more than my doctor or dentist. And likely pay the tech who does the work a pittance. They are driving up the cost of new cars.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

dealer up cost like a mug lol
It's a swinging dong monopoly -
Dealerships claim manufacturers are 'overcharging' (by demanding them to hold more inventory) , but Manufacturers are saying dealerS are charging/servicing more vehicles that's sold..

You know, having been a high priced consultant, I can appreciate a reasonable hourly rate. But the dealers charge more than my doctor or dentist. And likely pay the tech who does the work a pittance. They are driving up the cost of new cars.
If you only knew..
These dealers are now mega-conglomerates owned by one or two private families in multi-States franchises.
They control the supply-chain in not only "parts and vehicles" but all the secondary support products.
Even what the mechanics can use to service your vehicle is tightly controlled/supplied by dealer's own third-parties.

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport Recalls