Notices

Outlander Sport Recalls

Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkRVR5spd
Looks like there's a blower motor issue on the 2011's:

http://driving.ca/mitsubishi/auto-ne...tlander-models
Just got my notice in the mail. Which ticks me off since I JUST had the RVR in for the belt/pulley and the dealer assured me my car was not on the blower recall list. Prior to that I had asked Mits Canada and they too assured me I did not need the blower checked. Turns out I do which means another trip to the dealer... <sigh>
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Just got my notice in the mail. Which ticks me off since I JUST had the RVR in for the belt/pulley and the dealer assured me my car was not on the blower recall list. Prior to that I had asked Mits Canada and they too assured me I did not need the blower checked. Turns out I do which means another trip to the dealer... <sigh>

Dealer systems don't update that quickly up there?

Strange.
Ours tends to know/tell us before the notice(s) even arrive in the mail.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Dealer systems don't update that quickly up there?

Strange.
Ours tends to know/tell us before the notice(s) even arrive in the mail.
Not just the dealer - I specially asked Mits Canada. But I should be thankful - on our Nissan *I* know before the dealer or Nissan Canada.

Any way, NBFD. Just another hour of bad coffee in the fall.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Wiper Motor Recall

Just got a letter stating our wiper motor could burnt out due to the front garnish cover letting water pool by the motor's breathing hole. Which if this happens could cause a safety issue when you need the wipers to work during adverse weather conditions.

Effected years 2011-2015
Old Jan 6, 2017, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

There's a newer one now for the lift gate struts. http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/...rchResult&pg=0 I am still waiting for the blower motor recall notice you got. Might as well wait and kill two birds with one stone.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can confirm the wiper motor replacement issue needs to be addressed, here is my story.

Last week here in Montreal we had a very warm period with lots of rain followed by a big drop in temperature. One cold morning after starting the car, no wipers. After letting the car warm up for about ten minutes I was able to operate them but only manually, using the "mist" position or pushing up, other settings would make it 1/4 of the way up or not at all. I called the dealer immediately and they told me there was in fact a recall. I was a little upset as I had not received a letter or email (still haven't) and he explained that it's probably because there is a back order on the motors (somewhat understandable as that's a lot of motors to replace!) Anyways, they had me bring the car in and told me they would do what they have done for 5-6 people already. Open the motor casing, clean and re-seal and then replace the motor when the parts do come in. So far so good but it's again very mild for a Montreal winter but waiting to see when it gets really cold again.

Just a heads up for those that live in areas like mine that get warm and damp temperatures followed by cold as the idea of not having proper working wipers is pretty scary. Here where they use salt the windshield can turn grey and you will have zero visibility, very dangerous.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CottageLifer
There's a newer one now for the lift gate struts. http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/...rchResult&pg=0 I am still waiting for the blower motor recall notice you got. Might as well wait and kill two birds with one stone.
Got the official recall letter... AND.... no parts. They will send another letter when parts are available. Hopefully the strut thing will be resolved at the same time.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 07:12 AM

went o the dealer for some tranny fluid and they informed me i needed the wiper motor and tailgate gas strut on my 2011 sport..it only took a couple hours ...well worth the time....
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Has anyone heard of a door lock(s) recall on our vehicles?
The service adviser (who I've never seen before, so i'm guessing he's new) at our dealership was giving me a spiel about the "door locks may fail and the door would swing open at highway speeds.. So, better let them get that worked on ASAP."
Old Feb 25, 2018, 05:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Recall announced... https://tinyurl.com/yao9n8ve

The Details
Vehicles recalled: Certain 2009-2012 Lancer sedans and 2010-2012 Lancer Sportback hatchbacks, and 2011-2012 Outlander Sport and 2008-2012 Outlander SUVs.

The problem: The drive belt automatic tensioner flange may crack, which could cause the accessory drive belt to detach. If that happens, the battery would discharge and the engine would stall.

The fix: Dealers will replace the belt tensioner free of charge; Mitsubishi says the new part should have an improved shape. According to NHTSA, the recall is expected to begin March 27, 2018. Mitsubishi’s own number for this recall is SR-18-001.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just wanted to add my 2013 is currently at the shop for the emergency brake recall. I tried to change out my pads and rotors in the rear. The passenger side went smooth, then the Driver side caliper was completely seized. The caliper can't be bought unless from a dealer because of the recall issues I assume. So I will find out in a little bit if the fix will be the taken care of by them or out of my pocket.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 12:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
And another... announced May 18, 2020

Recall announced... https://tinyurl.com/ycakkb5z

NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V279000
Manufacturer Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Components STRUCTURE, SUSPENSION
Potential Number of Units Affected 141,200

The Details
Vehicles recalled: Certain 2008-2010 Lancer, 2010 Lancer Sportback, 2008-2013 Outlander, and 2011-2016 Outlander Sport vehicles originally sold in, or ever registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

The problem: The front lower control arms may detach due to the front cross member corroding from salt water exposure such as from road salt use.

The fix: MMNA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the front cross members. Depending on the level of existing corrosion, either a sealing/anti-corrosion agent will be applied or the front cross member will be replaced with a new one that has a sealing/anti-corrosion agent applied to it. These repairs will be performed free of charge. This recall is expected to begin July 14, 2020. Owners may contact MMNA customer service at 1-888-648-7820. MMNA's number for this recall is SR-20-003.

Last edited by janthenat; Jun 29, 2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 03:32 PM

Got the front crossmember recall in the mail...it says the parts are not in stock....hopefully they figure that **** out soon...my mechanic said I should definitely have it replaced by next summer...
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:00 AM

Immobilizer issues

Hi
I have this immobilizer issue.
It happens yesterday, I stopped for a minute, exited the car to go to my trunk, my key was in my pocket,and I got immobilized. Nothing is working like someone pksted a video . Took my batteries to advanced auto parts to get charged, as jumping it did nothing.
i will see if that would do the trick.
But I hear that I may have to get my car tolled to dealer to reprogram the key.
Do you know if thats true?
I called the dealer, they want me to also pay them for diagnostic.
my car is Outlander 2011, and apparently the recall was not for it, although it does have the same exact issue.
I don’t see that recall on my Vin, and the Mitsubishi customer service doesn’t care that the issue is the same as the recall, as long as it is not linked to the vin number.

Does anyone have any insight on how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Just received a letter... I'm guessing it's related to
"Frozen" ECU, LINK

Who:
2012 Outlander Sports built Dec. 26, 2011 to June 1, 2012 AND 2013 Outlander Sports built July 20, 2012 to February 28, 2013.

Why:
Due to a manufacturing error, the Keyless Operation System Electronic Control Unit (KOS ECU) may fail in low temperature conditions. As a result of this failure, the engine cannot be started and the doors, tailgate, and steering cannot be locked or unlocked.

What (to do):
Your Authorized Mitsubishi dealer will replace the KOS ECU, free of charge. This replacement will take approximately 1.0 hours to complete.

REMEMBER >
Bring all Free-Hand Advanced Security transmitter (F.A.S.T.) keys with you to the dealership. The keys must be reprogrammed to work with the new KOS ECU.