Notices

What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by killaz05
Hey, I am new here but have been looking around for a little bit. I picked up this Outlander Sport recently as a daily driver to save the miles on my Mustang. Only thing so far is a drop in K&N air filter. Soon I am going to put a Curt hitch to tow an ATV but other than that I am unsure where I want to go with it. Only has 33k miles on it and I am loving the gas mileage so far. Would like to add the fog lights and DRLs but I am unsure of how plug and play that would be.

if you go oem fogs or oem drl(the one that goes) around the fog light those are plug and play but would have to go the dealer as they have to change settings in the etacs ecu. best bet is to go aftermarket fog light kit which are "oem style" it will actually come with a switch so you can cut off and on as you like, its as easy as plugging in pos/neg and running the other wire to the switch or running the 3rd wire to wherever you want to activate them, aftermarket drl would be the same thing for the ones that go around the fog light, easy as installing them with a pos/neg wire and the 3rd wire to the fuse box ACC to have them cut on whenever ignition ON just like your cigarette lighter or wiring the 3rd wire to wherever you want, only thing you would really need to worry about is ensuring you have the oem fog harness(which most likely you would) mitsu makes all the cares generally the same if you don't have an option from a higher end model the wiring is still generally there,

and also please join the FB page as well, tons of info especially about this topic and others, fast responses, and tons of members
Old Jul 23, 2016, 04:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Gave both ours a good clean outside and inside.

Wife's Orient Red

My Cool Silver
Old Jul 24, 2016, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Auto-folding mirrors??
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Auto-folding mirrors??
Yep both have this feature as standard.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
If I am not mistaken auto-folding mirrors were offered in higher trim levels since the launch of the ASX back in 2010 for the European and Australian markets (not sure about elsewhere). The two cars pictured above also have retractable headlight washers. I believe it was also offered on some trims even on the first generation ASX. This would be a great feature for us during nasty late fall and winter storms up north. Especially after hearing about the poor performance of the headlights here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...eadlights.html
Old Jul 25, 2016, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
If I am not mistaken auto-folding mirrors were offered in higher trim levels since the launch of the ASX back in 2010 for the European and Australian markets (not sure about elsewhere). The two cars pictured above also have retractable headlight washers. I believe it was also offered on some trims even on the first generation ASX. This would be a great feature for us during nasty late fall and winter storms up north. Especially after hearing about the poor performance of the headlights here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...eadlights.html
You would be correct that both our cars also have retractable headlight washers, they are standard on most if not all UK spec ASX's. The same with the auto folding mirrors.
Not sure about the lousy headlights as we have HID ones (again standard UK spec) on both our cars and they are excellent. Great spread and beam pattern.

Last edited by j3bnl; Jul 25, 2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 04:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Evo front grill swap and retrofit headlights
The following users liked this post:
j3bnl (Aug 4, 2016)
Old Aug 4, 2016, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by j3bnl
Not sure about the lousy headlights as we have HID ones (again standard UK spec) on both our cars and they are excellent. Great spread and beam pattern.
US does, too - he was being sarcastic.

if you read the linked article in AWCAWD's post, i believe it was a rating of car headlight performance, and the OS/ASX didn't score very well .... even though most here would consider them pretty awesome.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Landshark
US does, too - he was being sarcastic.

if you read the linked article in AWCAWD's post, i believe it was a rating of car headlight performance, and the OS/ASX didn't score very well .... even though most here would consider them pretty awesome.
Wasn't sure if HID's were standard over the pond.
Still seems an odd review given that owners rate them very highly!
Would question the reviewers motive and if he/she even tested them.
Owners in my experience tend to be as critical as anyone when picking faults with their cars and I haven't seen a single complaint about the lights.
If I could upgrade or change anything on my ASX the lights wouldn't even be a consideration.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by j3bnl
Wasn't sure if HID's were standard over the pond.
Still seems an odd review given that owners rate them very highly!
Would question the reviewers motive and if he/she even tested them.
Owners in my experience tend to be as critical as anyone when picking faults with their cars and I haven't seen a single complaint about the lights.
If I could upgrade or change anything on my ASX the lights wouldn't even be a consideration.

they *were* standard, until this year i think, with lower trim levels not getting them now.

i even commented on how fantastic the lights were when we bought ours.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
they *were* standard, until this year i think, with lower trim levels not getting them now.

i even commented on how fantastic the lights were when we bought ours.
They WERE only standard if you bought the SE model. ES had halogens as standard (2011-2015).
Actually, Mitsubishi USA remained consistent: The TOP model gets HID headlamps. In the period of 2011-2015 the SE was the top model, now the GT.

I found an old thread, where the HID being standard or not is verified (go to item #2 in post #1 and check post #5):
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...who-cares.html

Last edited by AWCAWD; Aug 5, 2016 at 06:21 AM. Reason: UPDATE:link inserted
Old Aug 6, 2016, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by killaz05
Hey, I am new here but have been looking around for a little bit. I picked up this Outlander Sport recently as a daily driver to save the miles on my Mustang. Only thing so far is a drop in K&N air filter. Soon I am going to put a Curt hitch to tow an ATV but other than that I am unsure where I want to go with it. Only has 33k miles on it and I am loving the gas mileage so far. Would like to add the fog lights and DRLs but I am unsure of how plug and play that would be.

Looks like it's specced just like mine! I have a Focus ST for a fun car, nice to see another Ford guy here. Is the engine drone/noise in the Outlander driving you nuts yet, too?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow3v
Looks like it's specced just like mine! I have a Focus ST for a fun car, nice to see another Ford guy here. Is the engine drone/noise in the Outlander driving you nuts yet, too?

haha the engine noise and driving dynamics are totally different from the Mustang so I am getting use to it all. Haven't been in a FWD vehicle in years. The engine can be noisy but I drown it out with music.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Installed my ROLA rack and ROLA basket!
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5019.jpg   What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5020.jpg   What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5021.jpg   What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5022.jpg   What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5023.jpg  

What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5024.jpg   What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5025.jpg   What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5030.jpg   What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5031.jpg   What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-img_5032.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
Jconley123 (Jul 29, 2019)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LeoFama617

Evo front grill swap and retrofit headlights
so does an entire EVO grille bolt right in or was this custom?

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?