Notices

What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plasti-Dip'd the chrome surrounds around the foglights. The whole trim piece pops out if you pry the outer edge, Held in by five tabs (I think). Once that's off, the chrome piece has it's own tabs. Gently pry those up and the chrome trim pulls out. Painted, hit it with a heat gun for a bit, snapped them back together in reverse order.

I'm still undecided about the grill trim. Think I might keep it to match the window trim and the emblems. I don't want to black out the whole car.

What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-mwemsbp.jpg

What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-symabhh.jpg

What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-npweru8.jpg

Last edited by hoopvillian; Apr 15, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by hoopvillian
Plasti-Dip'd the chrome surrounds around the foglights. The whole trim piece pops out if you pry the outer edge, Held in by five tabs (I think). Once that's off, the chrome piece has it's own tabs. Gently pry those up and the chrome trim pulls out. Painted, hit it with a heat gun for a bit, snapped them back together in reverse order.

I'm still undecided about the grill trim. Think I might keep it to match the window trim and the emblems. I don't want to black out the whole car.
Nice..
I was actually thinking the reverse - Paint the grill bezel and keeping the fog light trim chrome to keep with the window trim.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 05:32 PM

Installed exhaust tip. Debadge the Mitsubishi and RVR rear logo and leaved the and PlastiDip it. Installed the license plate bracket. Hopefully the weather will turn up to our side so i can dip the front bumper.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by DhiJay23
Installed exhaust tip. Debadge the Mitsubishi and RVR rear logo and leaved the and PlastiDip it. Installed the license plate bracket. Hopefully the weather will turn up to our side so i can dip the front bumper.
Can we see the exhaust tip? The stock one looks tiny. I was thinking of putting a bigger one on. Was thinking a 3.5-4 inch double wall straight tip.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Can we see the exhaust tip? The stock one looks tiny. I was thinking of putting a bigger one on. Was thinking a 3.5-4 inch double wall straight tip.
I've thought about upgrading the stock chrome tip, but I think ours are welded on...
Do we have to grind them off??
Old Apr 18, 2014, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
I've thought about upgrading the stock chrome tip, but I think ours are welded on...
Do we have to grind them off??
I'd assume they're welded on too, although I haven't checked. You'd have to use a pipe cutter or wheel to cut it off and weld a new one on. If you get a bolt on replacement it would take a shop 10 mins to cut off the old one, including the time getting it on a lift. I'd be surprised if they charged you more than a $20 bill.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:12 PM

Will post pics tom. This is exactly what i got from CanadianTire.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ra...l#.U1IFLvldVQ4
Old Apr 21, 2014, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I rotated my wheels from front to back on Friday cause the fronts were showing light signs of out side wear. I also took the time to air up the tires on it, my wife's Enclave, and my Miata as well due to all of the hot then cold and back to hot weather down here...nothing exciting but just routine maintenance
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

I put on Ralliart plate frames and put some 4.17 a gallon ethanol free gas in it ,hope this gets the advertised mileage ..lol

Nice exhaust tip
Old Apr 22, 2014, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

I'd assume they're welded on too, although I haven't checked. You'd have to use a pipe cutter or wheel to cut it off and weld a new one on. If you get a bolt on replacement it would take a shop 10 mins to cut off the old one, including the time getting it on a lift. I'd be surprised if they charged you more than a $20 bill.
Nah..
I got grinders, I'll do it myself. Just need to find a time to do so when the wife is Not around/watching..

Otherwise, she would probably go what's that noise? That's going to wake the baby..
Then , then NO modding the CUV!!!

Then I'd be like

Will post pics tom. This is exactly what i got from CanadianTire.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ra...l#.U1IFLvldVQ4
Nice, but I had something similar to this in mind >

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
I rotated my wheels from front to back on Friday cause the fronts were showing light signs of out side wear. I also took the time to air up the tires on it, my wife's Enclave, and my Miata as well due to all of the hot then cold and back to hot weather down here...nothing exciting but just routine maintenance
Roger That.
Minding those tire treads, especially on Texas roads, is a very wise decision.

I'd say get your alignment checked since you're seeing a wear on the outside edges. Just to be sure they're still within spec.

Originally Posted by paleblue46
I put on Ralliart plate frames and put some 4.17 a gallon ethanol free gas in it ,hope this gets the advertised mileage ..lol

Nice exhaust tip
Diluting your E10 gas? Okay.. interesting.
Where you getting your hands on ethanol free gas from?

PS: Please if you don't mind.. Keep a log on this, and post them here (I'd really like to know if that would help improve MPGs) >
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ou...se-4wd-22.html

Last edited by mRVRsport; Apr 22, 2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Not diluting , we have a few stations with ethanol free 91 octane gas . I wasnt convinced until a buddy switched over to it in his ultra light aircraft and had to rejet his carb down by 6 sizes , it was running so rich he couldnt get any heat in it , thats how much he ethanol was messing up the tune . I switched over to it in my Scion and saw a big difference in power and mileage as much a 6 more miles a gallon when I stayed out of the pedal .
I only have 350 miles on the OS but I will keep an eye on mileage....check it 2 weeks ago and laughed 12 miles per gal, average speed was 7mph ..to much idleing i think ...I will be happy if the OS gets the same as the Scion , 29 average
Old Apr 23, 2014, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by paleblue46
Not diluting , we have a few stations with ethanol free 91 octane gas . I wasnt convinced until a buddy switched over to it in his ultra light aircraft and had to rejet his carb down by 6 sizes , it was running so rich he couldnt get any heat in it , thats how much he ethanol was messing up the tune . I switched over to it in my Scion and saw a big difference in power and mileage as much a 6 more miles a gallon when I stayed out of the pedal .
I only have 350 miles on the OS but I will keep an eye on mileage....check it 2 weeks ago and laughed 12 miles per gal, average speed was 7mph ..to much idleing i think ...I will be happy if the OS gets the same as the Scion , 29 average
Hmm...
That may be what's happening with (all of us), We are sooo slowing switched over by the BIG gas (stations) to a higher blend of ethanol, that we can't really tell/remember what's it was like to run on pure gas...

I've noticed that these MEGA CHAINs like QTrip & Racetrak stations sprouting up everywhere, who know what they are "allowing" into their gas mixtures.

> Cause I have definitely noticed our MPGs NOT hitting anywhere near what we did a year ago (in our previous O.Sport.)

And, yeah if we can gain just 6 miles per gallon on pure gas, that would easily match or beat the posted MPG estimates.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 03:04 PM

Blacked out the front end and chrome fog light bezels.

[/IMG]
Old Apr 23, 2014, 03:05 PM

Name:  48f46b1f-f5eb-4ebb-af02-e6f9f291c823.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  487.7 KB
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Looking good Brian.

mRVRsport,
Thats seems odd you being in Texas, figured you guys would get the good gas there , we get real crap gas in the winter up here , and they call our regular gas e85 its 15% ethanol so they say

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?