Notices

Hidden Controls

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hidden Controls

When I picked up my OS a week ago the salesman and I sat in the car while he showed me how to change the alert sound for the turn signals. They now "ding-dong", high then low, which is very distinctive bordering on annoying. I would like to get back to the same menu and change the alert back to the stock "ding ding". However, neither I, the salesman or the Service Dept (they deny there' s any way to change this alert) or even MMNA can find the control menu.

I saw it done, I know there's a menu, WHERE IS IT!!!

Fiddling with the "Info" button we have succeeded in changing the service interval to something like 14,000 miles, but cannot make any other changes and can't get the interval back to the correct value ie 7500 miles. The salesman thinks the controls are embedded in the little tool box icon which appears in the "general" subdisplay ie the one with the water temp, gas, total mileage, etc showing---the 3rd view, if you will, in the "Info" sequence." This little icon has also decided to vanish.

Please, I need help, here!!
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by 4thgen
When I picked up my OS a week ago the salesman and I sat in the car while he showed me how to change the alert sound for the turn signals. They now "ding-dong", high then low, which is very distinctive bordering on annoying. I would like to get back to the same menu and change the alert back to the stock "ding ding". However, neither I, the salesman or the Service Dept (they deny there' s any way to change this alert) or even MMNA can find the control menu.

I saw it done, I know there's a menu, WHERE IS IT!!!

Fiddling with the "Info" button we have succeeded in changing the service interval to something like 14,000 miles, but cannot make any other changes and can't get the interval back to the correct value ie 7500 miles. The salesman thinks the controls are embedded in the little tool box icon which appears in the "general" subdisplay ie the one with the water temp, gas, total mileage, etc showing---the 3rd view, if you will, in the "Info" sequence." This little icon has also decided to vanish.

Please, I need help, here!!
with the key turned to aux press and hold the info button the a menu will pop up. you can easily change the tone from there I believe. My car is in the shop right noe otherwise I would double check this for you. I you haven't resolved it by Friday when I get my car back I will post better instructions. Also check your owners manual it should tell you how to do it also.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
my turn signals are silent and I love it!!!!!! Im also curious about this menu though and may go check it on my lunch break. what other options are in this menu?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:25 PM

Doesn't work

Very reasonable suggestion and indeed this was one of the first things we tried. On my 2014 OS there is no response to a prolonged depression of the "Info" button with key in either Aux or Run position except that the display shuts down after 30 seconds.

It's starting to look like I have a defective minicomputer aboard, somewhere. Please review the behaviour of your Sport and tell me what's on that missing settings menu. incidentally, it seems to me that there must be an additional control somewhere; I don't see how a single button can both select a dropdown menu and make choices on that menu-

I've spent about 30 minutes looking thru the Owner's Manual and see nothing on changing the turn signal alert sound. The dealer's service guys say there is no such menu.

Originally Posted by brianbrase
with the key turned to aux press and hold the info button the a menu will pop up. you can easily change the tone from there I believe. My car is in the shop right noe otherwise I would double check this for you. I you haven't resolved it by Friday when I get my car back I will post better instructions. Also check your owners manual it should tell you how to do it also.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
Actually you can, hit the switch for a second to toggle thru menus. Hold the same button down for 5 seconds to Enable.

I know for a fact you can change the turn signal chime, I've done it.
I can't recall which memu it was under. I'll check when I get home tonight.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:15 AM

possible fix!!!

Contacted the Mits support people who tell me that you cannot access these menus unless the car is stopped and parking brake is set. Details are said to be on pages 5-118 and 5-124 which are said to tell how to make various changes in available settings. I will check this out as soon as time allows.UPDATE: All is well!! The parking brake is key (and who uses the thing?) As mRVRsport says, you dial thru the two pages of possible changes and select between the optiuons by pressing and holding. IT's a good idea to read the pages starting at 5-118 before you begin in order to know which submenu controls what you want. I still can't figure out how to change the service interval but perhaps it will come.
Originally Posted by mRVRsport
^
Actually you can, hit the switch for a second to toggle thru menus. Hold the same button down for 5 seconds to Enable.

I know for a fact you can change the turn signal chime, I've done it.
I can't recall which memu it was under. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Last edited by 4thgen; Jun 6, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
parking brake was what i was missing. i tried it and all it did was reset my matience schedule
Old Jun 9, 2014, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4thgen
IT's a good idea to read the pages starting at 5-118...
Actually, it's a good idea to read the ENTIRE manual.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:35 PM

Changing turn signal tone

Navigate to the second page in the settings menu. The one highlighted in the picture is what your looking for to change the sound of the turn signal. Hold down the info button to change the selection between 1 and 2.
Attached Thumbnails Hidden Controls-image.jpg  
Old Jun 18, 2014, 01:52 PM

You can actually turn the avg MPG to manual instead of automatic .. which resets it ever 4 hours using that menu to , I did it the other day. I asked 3 dealerships to turn off the auto resetting feature , 1 told me cant do it, other told me it would be a $500 diagnostic fee the last said they will research it but they came up with nothing...

Every post I seen people talking about this just say take it to you dealer ... I must have real bad Mitsu dealers near me .. awwell was able to fix it myself in this menu :P
Old Jun 19, 2014, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the reset is for mpg avg.? cause every time I get in the car it says something different would be nice to stop the auto rest.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 06:33 AM

Summary from 4thgen

1. The source of all my trouble is an owner's manual which is not very well indexed. I put about an hour of effort into reading the manual and the index without finding what I wanted. If the index had an entry entitled "Settings Menu" or "Turn Signal Alarm Sound" all of that could have been avoided.
2. Somebody said "it's a good idea to read the entire manual" and that is certainly true. As it is for my digital cameras (both of which have manuals running well over 300 pages), my computer backup software (also very long, plus not written in standard English) and so forth. There's not enough time in today's world for plowing thru a lot that we do know in pursuit of a kernel or two that we need.
3. I got what I needed
4. True enough, dealerships, like me, don't like reading for content. Mine said there was "no such menu."
Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
the reset is for mpg avg.? cause every time I get in the car it says something different would be nice to stop the auto rest.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
Yea you can make it stop doing that .. unfortunately every time i turn off my car it undoes my changes ... dunno if there is something special to save the settings? nothing in the manual said anything about that.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by RickyCG
Navigate to the second page in the settings menu. The one highlighted in the picture is what your looking for to change the sound of the turn signal. Hold down the info button to change the selection between 1 and 2.

So ahh...half serious question...whats the Coffee alarm?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by xbobdolex
So ahh...half serious question...whats the Coffee alarm?
Alarm for switching drivers on a roadtrip. Also you silly automatic folks, I've been playing with the menu for awhile without knowing people couldn't find it. Also neat feature hit your washer spray once and quickly (stand by for a surprise).

Quick Reply: Hidden Controls