Notices

New owner...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner...

Hi all, I'm in Evansville IN.

Just purchased a 2012 Outlander Sport M/T and love it.

I work at a Mitsubishi Dealership, yes I'm the "Deaded Car Salesman" but they are a great car. Wanted one since I started and found a great deal on one!

Just been through a hellish insurance claim on a 2005 Nissan Maxima, finally totaled it and now moving on.

Hoping to find some info on what mods are out there? I'm not new to the modding world as my first Maxima had about $8,000 in mods. First thing I'm looking for is the simple "drop ins" or easy DIY mods. I have a Sunday mechanic ability and can do almost any moderately difficult repairs.

I'm also looking into any body kits and maybe lowering options in the future. So any websites that carry OS mods would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

ENGL4ND
Old Nov 2, 2014, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ENGL4ND
Hi all, I'm in Evansville IN.

Just purchased a 2012 Outlander Sport M/T and love it.

I work at a Mitsubishi Dealership, yes I'm the "Deaded Car Salesman" but they are a great car. Wanted one since I started and found a great deal on one!

Just been through a hellish insurance claim on a 2005 Nissan Maxima, finally totaled it and now moving on.

Hoping to find some info on what mods are out there? I'm not new to the modding world as my first Maxima had about $8,000 in mods. First thing I'm looking for is the simple "drop ins" or easy DIY mods. I have a Sunday mechanic ability and can do almost any moderately difficult repairs.

I'm also looking into any body kits and maybe lowering options in the future. So any websites that carry OS mods would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

ENGL4ND

Welcome to the group Judge D'r'ead.ed

Good year of the O.Sport, it still have the original bumper designs (before the facelift) AND the pre-"Diaper" airbox - which makes getting performance drop-ins much much easier.

Great body kits shouldn't be a problem for you neither.

Just remember to post up some pics, so you have before & afters.

I hope you're not saying you've just closed an insurance claim that started in 2005?...

We've STILL dealing with our own insurance nightmare (the claim against their insurance agency was placed back in March 2013) and I don't know when this craziness will end.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Welcome to the group Judge D'r'ead.ed

Good year of the O.Sport, it still have the original bumper designs (before the facelift) AND the pre-"Diaper" airbox - which makes getting performance drop-ins much much easier.

Great body kits shouldn't be a problem for you neither.

Just remember to post up some pics, so you have before & afters.

I hope you're not saying you've just closed an insurance claim that started in 2005?...

We've STILL dealing with our own insurance nightmare (the claim against their insurance agency was placed back in March 2013) and I don't know when this craziness will end.

Yes dReaded lol

No, my claim was started September 1st and was closed 56 days later! Ridiculous considering the situation I was in. Anyway, I have searched high and low for body kits and can't seem to find them anywhere. I did however find lowering springs, wheels, tail lights and other little bits and peices. Plus, working in a dealership gives me parts for cost
Old Nov 3, 2014, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there are OEM add on body styling parts such as frond bumper add ons and spoiler.
you can look at DAMD auto body styling for a larger spoiler, front lip, side skirt add ons and rear bumper add ons as well.
hope this helps a bit
Old Nov 4, 2014, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the forum.