Notices

Thinking about a 15 or 16 OS now.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thinking about a 15 or 16 OS now.

The wife is much happier with her larger Outlander, and it's got better grunt that her previous 13 OS (with the 2.0) but now I'm thinking about perhaps getting a newer OS with the 2.4 to replace my Sonata.
I think I need something that doesn't go Zoom at the drop of a hat. Ended up getting a ticket the other night, went to pass a SLOW moving truck going 40 in a 60, I punched it, let it spool up as I pulled out then let it just back it self off. Dang cop behind me saw it, hit his radar and says he clocked me at 92 and wasn't sure he'd catch me but I took the next off ramp that had a light.
I like the speed, and performance of my car, but I'm wondering if I should be looking into something that's not so EASY to or inviting to hammer down.
With winter around the corner, I'm seriously thinking about the AWC lil suv.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do it. Love my 2.4 gt
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Krakker
The wife is much happier with her larger Outlander, and it's got better grunt that her previous 13 OS (with the 2.0) but now I'm thinking about perhaps getting a newer OS with the 2.4 to replace my Sonata.
I think I need something that doesn't go Zoom at the drop of a hat. Ended up getting a ticket the other night, went to pass a SLOW moving truck going 40 in a 60, I punched it, let it spool up as I pulled out then let it just back it self off. Dang cop behind me saw it, hit his radar and says he clocked me at 92 and wasn't sure he'd catch me but I took the next off ramp that had a light.
I like the speed, and performance of my car, but I'm wondering if I should be looking into something that's not so EASY to or inviting to hammer down.
With winter around the corner, I'm seriously thinking about the AWC lil suv.
If the officer was ALSO moving in his vehicle, "radar" will not work/function correctly. He must be at a standstill/parked vehicle for it to calculate (your) speed accurately.

I would contest it in court and have it dismissed.

Get rid of the Hyundai.
Come on back to the fold, with an spankin' new O.S.!
Oh, yes and wait for the 2016.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mRVRsport
If the officer was ALSO moving in his vehicle, "radar" will not work/function correctly. He must be at a standstill/parked vehicle for it to calculate (your) speed accurately.

I would contest it in court and have it dismissed.

Nope! Absolutely incorrect. Moving radar works as well as stationary since it actually tracks the speed of the police car as well as any other object that is in the cone-shaped detection beam.

That said, take it to court and you might get lucky: officer no-shows are pretty common. Or plead out with the prosecutor.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Well, he said it was on camera, I asked to see it, but he said he could show it in court. I thought that was a lil weird since I asked to see that I actually went as fast as he said and I didn't think I went that fast even tho I admitted to going pretty quick around the pair when I boosted up.

We'll see. I'll check into it a lil bit with the county attourney but I think going to court is a good idea too.

As far as the 16 OS, I'm looking into some ways to boost it's power and upgrade the brakes it's something that the wife agrees with. I'm stuck on the MPG's of the Sonata, but I think I can improve on the OS's. Are there any owners running tuning software on them yet?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry. Camera? As in photo radar?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Krakker
Well, he said it was on camera, I asked to see it, but he said he could show it in court. I thought that was a lil weird since I asked to see that I actually went as fast as he said and I didn't think I went that fast even tho I admitted to going pretty quick around the pair when I boosted up.

We'll see. I'll check into it a lil bit with the county attourney but I think going to court is a good idea too.

?? So, he means his PBC caught the radar gun's speed reading when his tagged you?

interesting, okay.
No disrespect to that officer, but I'd like to see that evidence too in court.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Nope! Absolutely incorrect. Moving radar works as well as stationary since it actually tracks the speed of the police car as well as any other object that is in the cone-shaped detection beam.

That said, take it to court and you might get lucky: officer no-shows are pretty common. Or plead out with the prosecutor.

Then it really depends on if the officer used a handheld or one of those vehicle mounted radars.

However, here's the key point > did the officer tagged his vehicle specifically or catch another car in the cone-shaped beam???
Old Oct 24, 2015, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, he mentioned something about dash cam, so I'm not sure if he meant camera saw me taking off, or that it took a picture of the radar after "he" turned it on.
He was driving up behind me (speeding up actually) so I didn't just get on it to pass, but to get out of the way of the SUV that was quickly closing in on my bumper. So I kinda feel like it was a BS deal, seems like he just picked his speed after he decided to chase me down to ticket me for.

Anyway, I haven't checked one out, but anyone got any insight on the cabin noise of the 15-16s on the interstate? I commute 35M everyday pretty much, so it's gotta be quite and comfortable. (and of course have some merging speed)
Old Oct 24, 2015, 04:29 PM

The cabin noise has been significantly reduce, my Mom has a 13 OS and I drove it a good bit before I bought mine, the cabin noise and CVT was the first things I noticed that were much improved.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BMX RACR
The cabin noise has been significantly reduce, my Mom has a 13 OS and I drove it a good bit before I bought mine, the cabin noise and CVT was the first things I noticed that were much improved.
Went to my local dealer to check out the 15's (big sale) and was pretty impressed with the 2.4's output and the improved CVT. Big notice was the lack of in-cabin noise from the road or the trans/engine.
Not quite the hywy get up and go I'd like, but then again, I could make some improvements to the mill like before. Maybe a cam swap or some tuning software.
The MPG's are my only hold up at the moment.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 06:17 PM
Account Disabled

DO NOT BUY ONE. Depreciation is terrible. Inside feels cheap for the price. Go to another brand, I own one.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dan_585
DO NOT BUY ONE. Depreciation is terrible. Inside feels cheap for the price. Go to another brand, I own one.
Come on now...
At the price we bought these 4x4 CUVs at originally... what do you expect?
It's not like you've paid ~$47,000 for a BMW X3 where loosing $10K (after a year ownership) is still considering "holding its value".
Old Oct 31, 2015, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
i bought it for the warranty ... i plan on having it at least 6 years for the duration of the bumper-to-bumper ....

my Infiniti G37 cost $54k+ new ... i got it 2 years old for almost 1/2 that. i'd feel pretty dumb if i bought that new
Old Nov 1, 2015, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

The average first year depreciation is about 17% for ALL cars. My 2011 RVR AWD is worth close to 2/3rds of what is was purchased for new. Not bad for a 5 yr old car I would say. It only drops a couple percent a year now. You want depreciation? http://blog.iseecars.com/2015/02/04/...used-over-new/

Quick Reply: Thinking about a 15 or 16 OS now.