Notices

Where's my TPMS??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CottageLifer
I'm getting more and more interested in these decoders. Are they all the same? Like this is 40 USD: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...457162282.html Maybe it is time for a new thread...

I think as long as I could query and test before writing new variant firmware I can stomach the risk. Might be a fun "science project". (Plus of course I could add the rear fog light, etc.)
Yes, it is the one (very good deal). Just make sure you do not install the software that comes with it. The stomach effect is real for the first few connections. I can recall those feeling myself too, it is perfectly normal. Good luck.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

I'm getting more and more interested in these decoders. Are they all the same? Like this is 40 USD: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...457162282.html Maybe it is time for a new thread...

I think as long as I could query and test before writing new variant firmware I can stomach the risk. Might be a fun "science project". (Plus of course I could add the rear fog light, etc.)
If I were to start over again I would rather go with the ETACS Decoder. Even though one has to pay a few bucks for using the server (yes, the programming is done via the server the developers run and you need internet connection) the installation of the program and drivers appears to be much less of a hassle than with Diagbox (where contrarily you must not have internet connection, virus protection, and firewall enabled). The additional plus of the ETACS Decoder is that it can also be used on the third generation full size Outlander and Mirage as well. So, if one plans to have another Mitsubishi vehicle in the future ETACS Decoder is the way to go (also one has to read less to get started).
Old Nov 28, 2015, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

If one uses ETACS Decoder software this cable (interface) can do it for $15 instead of the Actia (Lexia).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321658235557?...AIT&rmvSB=true
Now it is out of stock here but it is available from many other sources including the ETACS Decoder (ED) store ($40with shipping and 1 month unlimited access to ED):
http://www.etacsdecoder.com/index.ph...&product_id=82
Total monetary investment is $40 max to customise your car is pretty good.
Something else but related. Apparently (according to users manual) the 2016 Outlander (no info about the Sport/RVR/ASX yet) can store two sets of TPMS codes (summer and winter). Some dealers are not up to this task (at least one in Canada to be fair) but for those of you, who migrated or intend to do so to the full size Outlander it might be useful (Krakker, mRVRsport?). Here is some recent info:
http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mit...ms-sets-49061/
Old Nov 28, 2015, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
so i bought that little 12V outlet tire pressure display with the valve cap sensors for my G37.

i'll review it when it arrives and i try it out ....
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AWCAWD
If one uses ETACS Decoder software this cable (interface) can do it for $15 instead of the Actia (Lexia).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321658235557?...AIT&rmvSB=true
Now it is out of stock here but it is available from many other sources including the ETACS Decoder (ED) store ($40with shipping and 1 month unlimited access to ED):
http://www.etacsdecoder.com/index.ph...&product_id=82
Total monetary investment is $40 max to customise your car is pretty good.
Something else but related. Apparently (according to users manual) the 2016 Outlander (no info about the Sport/RVR/ASX yet) can store two sets of TPMS codes (summer and winter). Some dealers are not up to this task (at least one in Canada to be fair) but for those of you, who migrated or intend to do so to the full size Outlander it might be useful (Krakker, mRVRsport?). Here is some recent info:
http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mit...ms-sets-49061/
Great info! I will ask the local dealers to see if they can set up a second set of TPMS for my winters. Anyone know the part number and/or a TPMS source?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Great info! I will ask the local dealers to see if they can set up a second set of TPMS for my winters. Anyone know the part number and/or a TPMS source?
I would not do that if I were you. You will not be able to store two sets of codes in the ETACS of your 2011 RVR, period. This info is final no matter how many times we go around this topic. We are already screwed. The news was about the 2016 Outlander and possibly the 2016 OS/RVR (the ones only with the new Dynamic Shield design").
Old Nov 29, 2015, 07:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would not do that if I were you. You will not be able to store two sets of codes in the ETACS of your 2011 RVR, period. This info is final no matter how many times we go around this topic. We are already screwed. The news was about the 2016 Outlander and possibly the 2016 OS/RVR (the ones only with the new Dynamic Shield design").
If you need a second set of TPMS units HMU. My units work guaranteed!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TPMS N.G.S.
If you need a second set of TPMS units HMU. My units work guaranteed!
Yes, but the clones should have the same IDs as the original ones, should not?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

PM sent to N.G.S.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes, but the clones should have the same IDs as the original ones, should not?
100%. Mitsu can only handle 1 set of sensors in the memory. My sensors clone the oem codes so the car never realizes there is a different set of wheels.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TPMS N.G.S.
100%. Mitsu can only handle 1 set of sensors in the memory. My sensors clone the oem codes so the car never realizes there is a different set of wheels.
Clear. So my posts #20 and #38 were correct. I am personally not interested as I have disabled the TPMS monitoring in my car but for those, who need new sensors (either due to damage or want to have separate set of wheels) is a viable option. You must know how long the batteries in the OEM TPMS last. We have owners here in this forum with 2011 model year cars and nobody has complained yet about loosing transmission. Are your clones expected to run for the same time?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

A couple Qs:
- any thing happen if you rotate the tires from their original positions?
- do the Sens It sensors only turn on after driving a while?
- are the batteries user replaceable?
- will they fit any wheel (ie. steel versus alloy)
Old Nov 29, 2015, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

- any thing happen if you rotate the tires from their original positions?
Nope- they are not location specific, rotate the tires without any concern.
- do the Sens It sensors only turn on after driving a while?
Not sure, I believe they are activated by movement. From my experience the mitsu ECU takes as much as 5 minutes to throw a warning light if there are no sensors on the car, this gives the sensors enough time to wake up.
- are the batteries user replaceable?
No.
- will they fit any wheel (ie. steel versus alloy)
I have sold hundreds of sets and have not had one come back due to not fitting on a wheel. I have them with steel valve stems as well as rubber stems as well if that is a concern.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
the cig lighter tire pressure gauge arrived yesterday (USPS ... on a Sunday?!?!? must be a holiday thing)

installed, activated after going 12mph.

i was worried the gauge portion would be too large for the tiny ashtray area, but its actually tiny. i'd probably prefer it was longer and didn't sit so far down inside, but whatever.

i displayed the slow leak on my left rear tire as expected.

the wheel sensors on the other hand, WERE larger than i expected, but no big deal.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

I can see those being very useful on a trailer. Too bad they don't kill the idiot light warning.

Quick Reply: Where's my TPMS??