Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Here's wheels similar to the DAIs on my white RVR:

Old Dec 4, 2015, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name:  045FFD58-4762-4F8A-8F1E-90B380E31BE9_zpsex5cey6v.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  203.8 KB

TSW Nurburgring 18's. Perfect fit from my Acura that the OS replaced. Just swapped tires n sensors from the stock OS wheels. It will definitely get a bit wider tires when they are due
Old Dec 4, 2015, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Great minds think alike! DAI makes several 67.1 centerbores. I think I will stick with existing rubber although maybe this is the time to move to 17 or 18?? The only thing yet to confirm is if the center cap can be replaced with a factory logoed one.
For practical purposes here is what I would do (did the same thing before purchasing my RVR). Go to the dealership and take an RVR equipped with 18" wheels on a test drive (could be pre owned). Make sure that you either go on the route you use in your every day routine or scout a route in the vicinity of the dealership with similar characteristics. Compare the rides and handling. If you do not find the ride harsh, your city (environment) allows you to go for the 18" wheel. For me it was a no-no for Montreal. Some other things to consider: tires will be more expensive for the 18" wheels and the probability of curb and pothole damage will be higher. Ride wise going to 17" may work easily but the susceptibility to curb damage kicks in even with the 17s. I also find the bigger wheels aesthetically more pleasing but being the driver I do not see them often, yet experience the ride all the time. The honey moon after the purchase ends soon and you may end up with a harsh ride.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Solid advice! I was thinking only 17s... and then that means not using my current Dunlops (which seem practically new).
Old Dec 4, 2015, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Morgan Carter

TSW Nurburgring 18's. Perfect fit from my Acura that the OS replaced. Just swapped tires n sensors from the stock OS wheels. It will definitely get a bit wider tires when they are due
Looks great! What are the specs? Offset etc.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 05:53 PM

I have no clue. 18x7 wheels as I recall I don't remember the rest. They fit just like the stock rims though so they must be very close to the same. Next test will be seeing if they clear the 6 piston brembos !!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

ASX Outdoor Edition (Brasil)

For someone, who is looking for an off-road look this Brazilian edition might serve as a good example: 16" rim (no info for the width yet). Since it is a standard Mitsubishi edition (Brasil has an ASX assembly plant) the bolt pattern should be 5 x 114.3 mm and the center bore should also be 67.1 mm. Supplied with Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/60 R16 tires.
Looking at the first image it seems to be quite a bit of clearance for the brake rotors (I certainly have less clearance). It makes me wonder whether the reported tire size is correct. (May be 17" wheel just like the standard ASX).
Attached Thumbnails Show Me Your Custom Wheels!-asx-outdoor-wheel.jpg   Show Me Your Custom Wheels!-mitsubishi-asx-2016-outdoor-16.jpg   Show Me Your Custom Wheels!-mitsubishi-asx-outdoor-2016-33.jpg  

Last edited by AWCAWD; Dec 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:38 PM

My choice is 17" Anzio Wheels - Turn Polar:

Unfortunately I do not have any picture how they look on the car, so I can only link to one of my videos:
Old Dec 18, 2015, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AWCAWD
For someone, who is looking for an off-road look this Brazilian edition might serve as a good example: 16" rim (no info for the width yet). Since it is a standard Mitsubishi edition (Brasil has an ASX assembly plant) the bolt pattern should be 5 x 114.3 mm and the center bore should also be 67.1 mm. Supplied with Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/60 R16 tires.
Looking at the first image it seems to be quite a bit of clearance for the brake rotors (I certainly have less clearance). It makes me wonder whether the reported tire size is correct. (May be 17" wheel just like the standard ASX).
that's an awesome color combination looks amazing!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Safety concerns of aftermarket wheels

Vehicle certification requires also the compliance of the wheels with the national standards. This affects wheels that were installed once on new vehicles. Aftermarket parts fall under different category. Please see the exert from Automotive Manufacturers Equipment Compliance Agency (AMECA) 120, Section 19 that describes the Voluntary Compliance Program (VCP):
"It is important to note that the VCP is entirely voluntary as there are no current US federal or state automotive safety regulations or consumer protection laws governing aftermarket wheels".
http://www.ameca.org/wp-content/uplo...tober-2011.pdf
Later it continues like this: No actual performance or testing standards are cited in FMVSS 120 or any state government regulations to which a wheel manufacturer or importer would be required to comply in order to sell a wheel in the U.S. market."

For those of you, who have or want to install aftermarket wheels I suggest you should make sure that your wheel complies with the regulations and some test were done on the rims, in other words the manufacturer is registered in VCP.
Other markets (Australia for example) regulate this but also on a voluntary bases and due to some free trade they also suffer from counterfeit products. I suggest you should watch this video with fair amount of criticism that concerns OEM vs. aftermarket quality is not the same as OEM vs. counterfeit quality (manufacturers want you to buy OEM wheels tat cost up to 3 times more than aftermarket ones and try to scare you that non genuine parts are not safe):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWS45MyynKA

The pothole test cited and featured within the above video can be watched here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL193Q7bOT0

The danger is real. Before you buy check the quality and compliance of your rim.

Just an addendum: Just because you bought the aftermarket wheel from the dealer it does not necessarily mean that the wheel would comply.
Also just, because you have the DOT label inside the wheel it does only mean that the marking (related to size labeling) are compliant with DOT labeling regulation. "For automotive wheels--both original equipment and aftermarket - there are only specific marking and dimensional requirements set by USDOT 49CFR57"

Last edited by AWCAWD; Dec 20, 2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Name:  IMG_1404_zpsd31f9cd4.jpg
Size:  158.6 KB

Last edited by haystack; Aug 17, 2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet ride Haystack! Love the wheels. Got specs?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Sweet ride Haystack! Love the wheels. Got specs?
Vossen CV3 20x9 with -32 offset. Tires I am currently using are General Gmax AS03 245/40/20
Name:  image_zpsqxsfff7b.jpg
Size:  258.0 KB
Old Dec 20, 2015, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by haystack
Vossen CV3 20x9 with -32 offset. Tires I am currently using are General Gmax AS03 245/40/20
Really nice looking wheels. I just noticed that you have the same wheels as the customized Summer Edition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43dLuu5-Sw
Did you get the inspiration from there?
Also wanted to ask, how is the ride comfort?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
Really nice looking wheels. I just noticed that you have the same wheels as the customized Summer Edition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43dLuu5-Sw
Did you get the inspiration from there?
Also wanted to ask, how is the ride comfort?
I had been eyeballing the CV3 for awhile, and really wanted them on my IS250. I was researching some sizes / offsets and whotnot and seen that one. It did help with a visual tho. I drive alot of miles during the week and I cannot tell a diff in comfort from OEM setup.... its very comfortable, handling wise its more stable less body roll in turns. I do have the strut tower bar so that helps as well.

I think the summer edition has a little lower offset. I think it may be somewhere around +38. That was the offset I wanted but wasnt available. The fender flares help mine looks wise and help cut down on chips. Id recommend putting some clear bra material on the lower rocker panel just in front of the passenger wheels if you wanted wheels with a similar specs. I notice more rock chips in that area.

Last edited by haystack; Dec 21, 2015 at 06:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Show Me Your Custom Wheels!