Notices

Dude, Where's My Radio Presets??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Dude, Where's My Radio Presets??

Weird one - daughter who uses my RVR claims the radio presets simply "disappeared". Static or off-channels where the faves once were. Battery was not disconnected, nor anything else remotely close. Anyone ever hear of such a thing?

Also, the manual says you can store 12 FM stations - that does not seem possible on my 6 buttons. ?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Weird one - daughter who uses my RVR claims the radio presets simply "disappeared". Static or off-channels where the faves once were. Battery was not disconnected, nor anything else remotely close. Anyone ever hear of such a thing?

Also, the manual says you can store 12 FM stations - that does not seem possible on my 6 buttons. ?
FM1, FM2. 2 x 6 =12. Moreover, you may store with the same 6 buttons 6 AM stations too (18 presets total). Joke aside, the FM frequency range is broken into two sub-ranges. Just use the mode button to cycle between AM/FM1/FM2/CD/USB/BT etc.

As for loosing presets without battery power outage is really strange. First, check whether your clock is off or not. If so, your battery is to blame (short?). I assume you have not done any modifications involving pulling the wiring harness. One of the wires (mostly the yellow) must have constant voltage to keep the settings. A faulty device may have been connected to the same circuit . One other remote possibility is accidentally picking up a transient inductive noise. A Xenon arc lamp (not automotive) ignition routinely made a USB mouse to freeze up on a laptop and the radio presets to drop on a car radio in use nearby. I am not sure you will get better than wild guesses, like mines. If the problem is reoccurring I would check the integrity of the circuits.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I will take a wild guess. Your pre set stations may have been on FM1 and now your on FM2.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by roach85
Well, I will take a wild guess. Your pre set stations may have been on FM1 and now your on FM2.

Old Apr 4, 2016, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Nope! Discovered it. Think "youngster randomly pushing buttons"...