Notices

kinda new OS owner

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kinda new OS owner

Is there a way to adjust the OS headlights with S-HID without going to the dealership and the switch on the panel..... it not high enough for me.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome to our community! Please use the advanced search option from the top menu and you will find a lot of useful information here on your new ride.
To address your specific question the answer is two fold.
1. Strictly speaking you are not free to adjust the headlight according to your taste. It should not blind other motorists. A lot of recent models received poor or marginal ratings in IIHS headlight testings. As discussed recently here the OEM HID and the halogen beam patterns are not much different for the OS (as per IIHS' published test charts). Fortunately or unfortunately a lot of CUVs suffer from the same disease.
2. Of course adjustment of the headlights is possible. I am attaching the relevant pages from the service manual. They describe how to properly adjust the headlights. Please when you do this be responsible and think of other motorists, whom you share the road. Your better visibility cannot come to the expense of someone else's.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Headlight adjustment.pdf (134.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf
Headlight adjustment_2.pdf (53.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by AWCAWD; Mar 4, 2019 at 07:39 AM. Reason: update
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m no trying to blind anyone I’m trying to make is visible going down the road. When I’m behind or coming up to any car the top stops at the back of the bumper right at the trunk opening so it way to low.