Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a cool video comparing our cars, models and a few competitors on different tracks and courses. IDK if anyone has seen it before but its about 30 min long. Enjoy.

Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by freshjuicebox
Damn, $30k?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mistaken
Damn, $30k?
WOW!!!! There's no way I'd pay 30k with it having 60k miles on it. Sorry. I'd keep looking. Also, just to answer the op's question on that post... NOPE. I don't know who previously owned it. It looks almost similar to another one I have seen but I think he may have moved. The wheels are the same as the one advertised, but everything else is different! He had a bodykit, cf hood, and completely different engine mods.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was told by sea-auto a few months back when I was looking for one is that majority are from out of state auctions
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

^ They seem to get lots of evos in there.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:42 AM

Hey I just saw on the Calender Events in our region, that there might be a Evo/Subie Meet tonight at the Landing? Is anyone going to it, or basically sitting tight until the InMotion show this Saturday?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Just found out today Washington driver licenses prices are going from $45 to $80

Starting October 1st
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jwalleg
I was told by sea-auto a few months back when I was looking for one is that majority are from out of state auctions
thanks for the info. i noticed they buy/sell a lot if them. in the end i am still hunting for a clean x, it just seems like all the nice stock ones are in california.

i check craigslist everyday but it seems like the same cars keep getting reposted. i wish i just kept my 9 this whole time.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:07 AM

thanks for the info. i noticed they buy/sell a lot if them. in the end i am still hunting for a clean x, it just seems like all the nice stock ones are in california.

i check craigslist everyday but it seems like the same cars keep getting reposted. i wish i just kept my 9 this whole time.

I went there ready to buy a STI or a EVO and wanted to test drive both from their lot. I was let down as there were 2 Evos that were on the website and they said both were there. When I arrived they said one was gone to get a tire and a tune. I asked where the tune was being done and didnt give an answer. He said I don't know. Didn't understand how they didn't know. Anyways, the other Evo smelled like mold inside. It had brand new carpet and upon further investigation I could see rust spots on metal on the interior of the car. From my past experience of being in a flood with my Eclipse this happens when the condensation from the interior being wet gets on the metal and everything has small rust spots. Also during the test drive my throat was itchy as I am allergic to mold. I told and showed the sales person this and I think he was surprised. I really don't think he knew of this but I will never know. I will say after that day I did not see the car on their website again. I don't know if they sold it or they got rid of it. It was kind of weird for me. Also I feel like he was pushing that car as the other Evo wasn't around.
I wanted to test drive a STI and I had to take one out that had a spare on it. That was retarded. I would never buy a car that I test drove with a fricking doughnut on it. I asked to drive a new STI they just got in on the show room floor and they said no. Because it was just detailed? Again what the hell? You have to be kidding me. My experience with this place was awful and I felt that they were maybe kind of shady. That's just my experience. I like to do business with good people I trust and connect with.

I bought a 08 MR that I am so happy with from East Lake Auto Brokers the next day. I test drove that car the day before and felt like I liked the car more and I connected with the owner. I got a hell of a deal and he gave me more than I was expecting for my truck with hail damage. They came down $2,500 on the price of the car and after more negotiating he gave me another $250 towards tires.

Ok if you find a clean Evo (at a dealership) that you want to buy but buy it at the right price. Don't let them not go down at least $2,000 or more. Give them your price your willing to pay and walk out if they don't negotiate. There is a better deal out there for just as clean as a Evo from someone that wants your business. Watch how long it is on Craigslist also. If they keep posting it over and over for a month or more obviously they haven't had any bites you have more buying power. Selling that Evo allows them to buy another.

Sorry about the long post but I know what a pain finding the right Evo for the right price is like. I hope you get something you love.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:24 AM

Oops typo... I bought a 05 Evo 8. I don't know what I was thinking. LOL!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:32 AM

I guess I must be the lonely soul that likes the new Evo's.lol The Evo X fits me a lot better as well. I dunno.. I'm a sucker for the X so that's what I ended up getting. That story about heading to that dealership and having them push an STI on you that has a donut on it?? WOW!! That place sounds horrible! I've never heard of a dealer just tell you "No" that they aren't going to allow you to drive a car because it is getting detailed?? Terrible.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Lets road trip this **** to Cali and get you one. CRSX OG Drive???

I promise I wont get us sideways getting on the freeway this time...
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Very cool.

http://vimeo.com/50357900
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone going to the car show in Monroe today? Gonna have drifting.

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***