Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe Ill come out and take my son along.
Old May 23, 2013, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
may be getting a job at Mercedes of Bellevue! Im excited
Old Jun 2, 2013, 04:59 PM

Not that this specific to us here in WA, but anyways, Discover's Cashback bonus special is gas stations for July to September. c.c
Old Jun 5, 2013, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone know of someone looking for a DD? I have a 95 grand caravan. 60k miles, all freeway, grandma owned. Just a few things wrong with it, nothing mechanical. Looking to sell it, gma doesn't need it anymore lol. Message me for details
Old Jun 29, 2013, 09:36 AM

https://m.facebook.com/#!/events/527...00002677603138

Potluck BBQ meet at 6pm tonight at Magnuson. Bring the cars, family, pets.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Facebook sucks...
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

so...let me start off by saying that I suck. There really isn't much more to it than that. Life gave me a bit of the ol' double-barrel to the junk in the last year and I've been dealing with a bit of depression (both Evo related and not), but I didn't need to stay away. Unfortunately getting online became a chore, and then my thought of having to catch up became an even bigger chore.

In reality, it could be abundantly worse and likely is for some of you or your loved ones even. I have to say that I appreciate ShAngie for trying to keep me posted (even though I still refuse to do the facebook), others for the comments, and especially Lucas for reaching out to me one day as he hadn't heard from me in a while. That meant a lot as Lucas has plenty of things that keep him busy, but called me out of the blue one day to check up on me.

Thanks also goes to TurboTim for working on my POS S10 when that went out last year, Tyler and BelKirk for working on the Evo when I got t-boned by a kid on Halloween (dammit, I didn't mean to miss the BBQ - my kids are going to be pissed at me!), and Sassaphrass and others that I've hung out with offline. Thanks also goes out to Steve from Duvall who I just happened to run into yesterday at Fry's, which prompted me to get my *** back online. Talking with Steve for less than 5min, seeing the changes in his life (has a kid now!), etc. made me realize how much I've missed my extended Evo family.

I doubt I'll have a chance to get completely caught up as I now realize it has been over a year since I've been offline, but some of the few things I've seen so far that have surprised me are as follows:
- It appears Eric has moved across the country, and of course, now has a little boy (dammit, I'm sorry I've been offline man. I tried to reach out to you via phone but now I realize your number may have changed)
- John (Azn) got another Evo it sounds? okay, not that much of a surprise
- Eric (Evil) still has an Evo? I can't imagine the changes it has undergone if you still have it; saw the demon lights thread - very cool!
- Ethanol still hasn't graced an area closer than ~30 miles in any direction of me; okay, also not a surprise
- Shane finally has a bit of a M8NSTER? I didn't think I'd ever see the day buddy!
- Demian is back in the PNW??? Best.Freddy.Mercury.Impressionist.EVAR.
- Ryan hasn't yet undergone sexual reassignment surgery - I've always told you the ladies will love you for you! In all seriousness, I heard you had major damage to the EB (worse than mine it sounds); hopefully all is well now

It happens to be anniversary weekend or I'd try to make the meet tonight, but I should be back out and about, and also trying to keep up to speed on here as well. I can't wait to get back in the swing of things, and especially getting down to the Couv! It has been much too long, gents!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to hear something from you again Dan.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Glad to see you've return Dan!! we need to hang out mang!!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys - I've truly missed you all. Well, most of you.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
we were just talking about you a few weeks ago. Keith disappeared and made it back to the family, now it's your turn!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 09:24 AM

Finally....

Most people have moved solely to Facebook. Unfortunate, but people find it more convenient... and have become lazy. Haha. They ask questions there that have been thoroughly researched already by dozens/hundreds and talked about here on EvoM, but have become so lazy they don't even search! I still point people here, especially for anything technical.

Anyway, we're pretty good at making things public on FB so people without accounts can still view events and pictures.

Hope to see you out somewhere soon!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

I has red Evo now.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

^I saw you have a RR now. I figured you'd be back behind the wheel.

@Angie - People definitely don't post on here very often it seems - not like it used to be anyway. I doubt I'll create a FB account - but what is the site? I'll see if I can't dig around.

@Alex - Keith from down Souf went offline for a while too? Those Southies have a well knit offline community so I'm assuming he was in contact with TJ, Rob, Derek, etc.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/287033211353640/

That's the NW Evo group, but it's closed because we had a ton of people joining just to start stuff, so unfortunately you won't be able to freely browse =/

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***