Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by dbsears
It's a Buschur part what do you expect? In all seriousness most intake tubes require touching up the tune or even rescaling the maf.
This. Especially if the current tune was expectiing the stock MAF tube and the intake replaces that. Its not as bad if only the filter is replaced (e.g Apex'i, K&N/simliar filters).
Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Paging silver Evo 8 that was on 192nd tonight, then headed west on highway 14.*

That was me in the green Galant.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Don't forget to "spring" forward everyone!

I've never seen these wheels before. Kinda nice, but expensive!
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
Don't forget to "spring" forward everyone!

I've never seen these wheels before. Kinda nice, but expensive!
I've only seen those on a S2K or a TL. They aren't that popular because they are ugly
Old Mar 14, 2010, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

So ever since I changed out my licp. I been plagued with boostleaks. I just swapped in some t-bolt clamps and now I feel like it's a whole different car. I guess I got used to driving with the leaks. Before with the leaks my boost was jittering at 23-24 psi at full throttle. I tightenedy wormgear clamps really hard so I thought it couldn't have been leaks but just a bad quality gauge.
With the new clamps in place, boost flows smoothly to 26 psi and stays stable unlike before. Car is way smoother also. I inspected my wormgear clamps and I'm sure that I tightened them really hard because the gears were slightly bent from
how much pressure I used tightening them. I'd strongly suggest t-bolt clamps over wormgear ones.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 01:19 AM

I just brought a EVO 9 today. It have some upgrades. I want to know if there is anyone out there is down to meet up tomorrow and I would like to ask some question. I live in seattle, but I am willing to travel. I am kinda a noob about Evo but not cars. Please someone help a new member too the Evo family. please PM me
Old Mar 14, 2010, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

^I'll probably be out and about tomorrow. I'll send you a PM with my #. I'll probably be on the eastside mostly. BTW - welcome to the group!

I guess my sense of style isn't as ballertastic as yours Marvin! FWIW - I am a really big fan of 5-spoke wheels. I'd have picked up Derek's Buddy Clubs if they were 5-spokes. I could see how the excess stuff on the Volks can be polarizing though.

Last edited by yahu; Mar 14, 2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
^I'll probably be out and about tomorrow. I'll send you a PM with my #. I'll probably be on the eastside mostly. BTW - welcome to the group!

I guess my sense of style isn't as ballertastic as yours Marvin! FWIW - I am a really big fan of 5-spoke wheels. I'd have picked up Derek's Buddy Clubs if they were 5-spokes. I could see how the excess stuff on the Volks can be polarizing though.
haha you are killing me Dan. Those rims are hideous, the inner part of the wheel has too much crazy stuff. The overall spoke style is not bad but the gold part I can't deal with
Old Mar 14, 2010, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

lol! What about this? Any better? Again, I realize all that craziness can be polarizing! Honestly I'd prefer them with just the 5 spokes, I had just never seen these before.

If the picture doesn't work, try this ebay link.

Last edited by yahu; Mar 14, 2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 05:44 AM

hey man i cant meet up with you. but if you have a ? i can help if not i know some one who can go on to turbo4g63.com you can email them or call. jason knows his **** he works on my car and he built his own time attack. when me and my crew get back from afghanistan i can meet up with you then and introduce you to the ft lewis group from 5/2
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

I met Aly (aka freshkid) today; he has a clean WW IX. I guess the original owner was from Alaska but is now in the WA area. I think I might have seen someone post something similar to that around here.

If that rings a bell, can someone let him or me know if a walbro was installed? He wants to get a tune from ER and will install a walbro if there isn't one in there now.

*edit - Aly asked if anyone was going to the 3/28 meets, to which I replied I don't think we've discussed them on here. He got the info from sitenwmotoring.com via Clublexus.com, and I guess there are 2 meets that day; the first of which is at GoldenGardens and the 2nd of which sounds like it is at XXX? I'm not sure but thought I'd throw that out there in case any of ya'll have heard of anything. It could be I'm just outta da loop!

Last edited by yahu; Mar 14, 2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:03 PM

Thanks again. It was nice for you to take your time on the weekend to answer my noob questions. It means a lot. If you ever need any favors just let me know. I will try my best to lend a hand.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

^thanks, buddy, and it was no problem meeting you and answering questions - we've all started somewhere! BTW - I just edited my last post to include the info about the meets on the 3/28. Thanks!

I checked the calendar of events (up top in the stickied clutches...er, threads) and it looks like Angie got the XXX meet on there. I'm guessing no one has heard about the Golden Gardens meet though?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 09:39 PM
Account Disabled

I have! a local 240 guy I was helping at the hobby shop mentioned it. That's coming up next month right?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

3/28, bruh. In a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***