Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Welcome to Pacific Northwest!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JRally
Doesn't seem silly, websites should be user friendly, simple 101. Making the effort to makeit user friendly just seems logical.

But whatever, not a big deal
I see we have our own link on the US Regional Forums page, separate from the Northwest Region and the Northwest Marketplace. It looks like there are only two levels on the main forum page and there currently aren't any with a third level. I'll go ahead and ask about it. We are the first sub-regional forum after all, so we're discovering situations like this for the first time.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Angie,

I think that another thing that would be helpful is a map showing the states covered by the different regions. They could even hyperlink it and make it all shnazzy..
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Truth is EvoM caused this problem by moving a bunch of states into the NW that weren't there to begin with...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by codgi
Truth is EvoM caused this problem by moving a bunch of states into the NW that weren't there to begin with...
Agreed, most forums have the Northwest as WA, OR, AK, ID and sometimes MT
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:24 AM

And Walla! The Pacific Northwest is now it's own Region, even on the main Forum page!

So, let's focus now on what is and not what was. After all, the way it is now is the way us locals would've liked it in the first place, or even how we thought it was split up in the first place.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

hello angie! just want to say good job handling everything!

ive been lurking around this forum for the longest time.

thanks for all the hard work you do! i think having our own region is a great idea.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:58 AM

Hey Josel! Thanks. When are you getting another Evo?! We're missing our token B.C. member.

Originally Posted by josel_atr
hello angie! just want to say good job handling everything!

ive been lurking around this forum for the longest time.

thanks for all the hard work you do! i think having our own region is a great idea.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by codgi
agreed. This is retarded...Nothing against you Angie, I know that you are just the "overseer" of it, but EvoM has the worst region dictation for the northwest.

If they're going to make this "pacific northwest" thing, at least leave it as a subforum inside the northwest region and not something off on it's own.

there was nothing wrong with the northwest section to begin with that i saw. yes, wa dominated the section, OR had some activity, but who can blame anyone that hardly any CO/ND/SD/MT/AK people were there? They are all 3-4 states away from oregon/washington and that's not local in any sense of the matter. we didn't shun them, we didn't try and silence them, they just didn't exist in that section.

dividing the northwest region into two smaller sections isn't going to encourage anyone to post there who didn't already, it's just going to be annoying for everyone else.

i wish someone from evom who though this was an excellent idea would read this...and would have talked it over with the community it affected before implementing it.

also angie your signature is very broken lol
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BellyD
Hey Josel! Thanks. When are you getting another Evo?! We're missing our token B.C. member.
hopefully soon! i know i dont need one since you guys are cool to hang with ex evo owners as well. hahaha.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

also, can we move the sightings thread to here since more than 95% of the people who post in there were pacific-northwest located
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:11 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
agreed. This is retarded...Nothing against you Angie, I know that you are just the "overseer" of it, but EvoM has the worst region dictation for the northwest.

If they're going to make this "pacific northwest" thing, at least leave it as a subforum inside the northwest region and not something off on it's own.

there was nothing wrong with the northwest section to begin with that i saw. yes, wa dominated the section, OR had some activity, but who can blame anyone that hardly any CO/ND/SD/MT/AK people were there? They are all 3-4 states away from oregon/washington and that's not local in any sense of the matter. we didn't shun them, we didn't try and silence them, they just didn't exist in that section.

dividing the northwest region into two smaller sections isn't going to encourage anyone to post there who didn't already, it's just going to be annoying for everyone else.

i wish someone from evom who though this was an excellent idea would read this...and would have talked it over with the community it affected before implementing it.

also angie your signature is very broken lol

I am reading it. And you read and commented on the announcement last weekend. Thank you.

This move is intended to not only benefit the active Washington/Oregon regional area but to encourage increased activity in the other Regional States that do not share the same local geographical area. (i.e. Colorado) Keep in mind the decision to carve up the US into regions was done is 2001 when the site had less that 100 members and discussing a car (Evo) that was two years away from US release. We are now the largest Mitsubishi community in the world and it makes sense to revisit the current Regional areas and make changes we feel will encourage regional growth. I don't think that is retarded at all. Thanks.

Bob..
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

After the move this morning, I'm not as bitter, I'm just confused. Unless people here actively make an effort, the Northwest Region (as it stands now) is going to be barren. There isn't nearly enough activity in AK/CO/WY/ND/SD (even MT) and it showed even before the move. We've never been a community to outcast people (I'd like the think we have one of the friendlier, welcoming groups of people; at least I felt that way when I first got my car). Separating the states with very low activity from the rest of us may work short-term, but putting those states into a region where they are more local to other states in the region would work long-term. It's not a "retarded" idea, per-say, but moving ~80% of the traffic to the northwest region into their own section probably wasn't the best idea

I don't want to make this into an "I-told-you-so" affair, but I really think that this separation into our own section is going to end with the two being merged back together eventually. That, or a virtually-dead Northwest Region

If the other regions do come out in full-force I'll eat my own words and put a scarlet A (or something...) on my car and take pictures for you
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:01 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
After the move this morning, I'm not as bitter, I'm just confused. Unless people here actively make an effort, the Northwest Region (as it stands now) is going to be barren. There isn't nearly enough activity in AK/CO/WY/ND/SD (even MT) and it showed even before the move. We've never been a community to outcast people (I'd like the think we have one of the friendlier, welcoming groups of people; at least I felt that way when I first got my car). Separating the states with very low activity from the rest of us may work short-term, but putting those states into a region where they are more local to other states in the region would work long-term. It's not a "retarded" idea, per-say, but moving ~80% of the traffic to the northwest region into their own section probably wasn't the best idea

I don't want to make this into an "I-told-you-so" affair, but I really think that this separation into our own section is going to end with the two being merged back together eventually. That, or a virtually-dead Northwest Region

If the other regions do come out in full-force I'll eat my own words and put a scarlet A (or something...) on my car and take pictures for you
Thank you for your comments. Do we understand that sometimes change doesn't work as expected? Of course. Are we prepared to put 'humpty dumpty' back together again? Yes. I do agree the longevity of these changes will be determine more so by the Mitsubishi communities in the non Pacific Northwest regions. It is a challenge I believe worth accepting. Thanks again!

Bob..
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to cut the cheese...
http://stuffaboutstates.com/state.regions/index.html
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/gmdhtml/rrhtml/regdef.html

Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:09 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Bob beat me to it, but yes, this change is the leading edge of going from having 6 huge regions to having numerous smaller, more local communities. The huge regions worked fine at a few thousand members, but we see that at 100k or whatever we're at, the community aspect is largely lost. The NW region worked OK because Seattle/Portland dominated it anyway. But in the case of the SW, you've got strong contingents in LA, bay area, Phoenix, LV, several cities in TX, etc. Many of those communities have left EvoM for their local planning; we're trying to keep them under our fold to better serve new members who join and want to find local happenings.

So yeah, that's why.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Pacific Northwest!