Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Introduce Yourself to the Pacific Northwest

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 07:39 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 15mrPDX
Name: Ryan
profession/student: Consultant

Car year: 2015
Model: Evo X MR

Hi all. I just bought an Evo X MR and hope to see other owners from around the Portland area.
Cool Ryan, I almost got one too, but realized a 5th evo, eh, there becomes a point when you realize you have an addiction. X MR was my favorite evo by far.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name: Dave
profession/student: Boeing
Interests/Hobbies: Auto Photography, Rally, Drift, Gaming

Car year: 2011
Model: GG Evo X GSR
Mods:
Injen Intak/ Hardpipe
Turbo Smart Evo X DV
Unknown Divided Downpipe
Unknown MBC
TurboXS Catback Exhaust
Seibon CF Hood (bad shape)
Cobb Tuner (need more info before install)

So the previous owner lived in Sedro, anyone know who it is? There's a bunch of info I could really use from him.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 09:02 PM

Name: Logan
Profession: Site Supervisor/Inspector

Model/Year: GSR/2008
Color: Wicked White
Mods: ER tune, KWv3 coilovers, AEM intake, ETS quiet v2, Defi boost gauge, updated to black tail lights.

***UPDATED 7/20/2015*** More Mods: Enkei RPF1 18x10.5 +15, Nitto Invo 275/35x18, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Whiteline rear lower control arms, Whiteline F&R endlinks, and Whiteline bump steer kit, front Powerslot rotors.

***UPDATED 07/20/2015***

Last edited by Evergreen; Jul 20, 2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Udated mods
Old Aug 1, 2015, 09:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Been here a while but never post, so figured I'd put one up.

Name: Peder
Profession: Navy Submariner

2006 Tarmack Black Evo
Build in progress

ER 2.2L
Bushcur Racing Stage 3 Head w/R2 Cams
Sheepeybuilt FF Turbo Kit w/Precision 6466 Gen 2
AMS Intake Manifold
ETS 4" Intercooler
FIC 2150cc/BR Double Pumper
Shep Trans/Tcase
TRE Rear Diff
Satin Black Evo X GSR wheels w/Pilot Super Sport 255/35/18

Head is almost done being built. Just saving money for Trans/Tcase/Block build.

Car made 530whp @ english racing on a 6262/stock block but a week later all the exhaust valves got bent from me not putting loctite on the timing belt tensioner bolt. ****ty deal but I've always wanted one of these cars and can't wait to get everything built up and running again! Will post pics when I get a chance
Old Aug 1, 2015, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fastboat4life
Been here a while but never post, so figured I'd put one up.

Name: Peder
Profession: Navy Submariner

2006 Tarmack Black Evo
Build in progress

ER 2.2L
Bushcur Racing Stage 3 Head w/R2 Cams
Sheepeybuilt FF Turbo Kit w/Precision 6466 Gen 2
AMS Intake Manifold
ETS 4" Intercooler
FIC 2150cc/BR Double Pumper
Shep Trans/Tcase
TRE Rear Diff
Satin Black Evo X GSR wheels w/Pilot Super Sport 255/35/18

Head is almost done being built. Just saving money for Trans/Tcase/Block build.

Car made 530whp @ english racing on a 6262/stock block but a week later all the exhaust valves got bent from me not putting loctite on the timing belt tensioner bolt. ****ty deal but I've always wanted one of these cars and can't wait to get everything built up and running again! Will post pics when I get a chance
Welcome. I'm a submariner here to. Up at bangor. Just transferred from pearl. Had my evo8 making 482awhp but now that I'm here, I have a storm trooper EvoX. Good luck with the build.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 09:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOJR$
Welcome. I'm a submariner here to. Up at bangor. Just transferred from pearl. Had my evo8 making 482awhp but now that I'm here, I have a storm trooper EvoX. Good luck with the build.
Thanks man. You came to the right place. Plenty of support for evo's up here. I'll be rotating to shore duty in Bangor soon. PM me if you ever need a place to wrench on stuff. I have a garage, cherry picker, and plenty of tools.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:14 PM

So, I'll start w/ the basics. Names Richard, I'm 27 and I'm a banker. Right now my only hobby is Photography. An amateur photographer but its ok. I currently don't own an evo, but I am actively searching to find a new one from the dealer. I am specifically looking for one in WW or OB in an MR touring trim. I am driving a FR-S which I haven't decided if I wanted to keep or sell. So if you guys have any insight on where I could find one that would be great. The local dealers here haven't been much help and all they want to do is run my credit and talk me into something I don't want. Regardless. I'm excited to be apart of the community and to check out some of the locals.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by ChenR
So, I'll start w/ the basics. Names Richard, I'm 27 and I'm a banker. Right now my only hobby is Photography. An amateur photographer but its ok. I currently don't own an evo, but I am actively searching to find a new one from the dealer. I am specifically looking for one in WW or OB in an MR touring trim. I am driving a FR-S which I haven't decided if I wanted to keep or sell. So if you guys have any insight on where I could find one that would be great. The local dealers here haven't been much help and all they want to do is run my credit and talk me into something I don't want. Regardless. I'm excited to be apart of the community and to check out some of the locals.
Hi Richard. There are a few for sale around here, mostly 8 and 9s. You may want to post in the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/NwEvo/. Once you have yours, I do suggest to look here on EvoM for technical advice. Pretty much any question you have will be answered here in depth. How-to's, what size of whatever, etc. Good luck with your search.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by BellyD
Hi Richard. There are a few for sale around here, mostly 8 and 9s. You may want to post in the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/NwEvo/. Once you have yours, I do suggest to look here on EvoM for technical advice. Pretty much any question you have will be answered here in depth. How-to's, what size of whatever, etc. Good luck with your search.

Oh no worries. I've been a lurker on this forum for awhile, I have somewhat of a grasp on the basics from being on the FR-S forums. As for the FB group. I've already sent a request to join.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Oh no worries. I've been a lurker on this forum for awhile, I have somewhat of a grasp on the basics from being on the FR-S forums. As for the FB group. I've already sent a request to join.
wassup Richard. Welcome aboard. If you are particular to a specific color and options, just check cars.com or autotrader. Im really picky so I drove 19 hours in one weekend straight from connecticut to tennessee to buy my evo8 back in 2006, and then drove 13 hours from silverdale washington to san francisco to buy my evo X. no matter what the distance, getting out of any car and into an evo is always worth the trip!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by EVOJR$
wassup Richard. Welcome aboard. If you are particular to a specific color and options, just check cars.com or autotrader. Im really picky so I drove 19 hours in one weekend straight from connecticut to tennessee to buy my evo8 back in 2006, and then drove 13 hours from silverdale washington to san francisco to buy my evo X. no matter what the distance, getting out of any car and into an evo is always worth the trip!

I've actually already checked auto trader and came up empty. After endless searching and playing around w/ zipcodes. Theres 2 dealers that I found that has one. One in Salt Lake, Utah and the other in San Jose California. The one in California has a bunch of extras I'm not interested in where as the one in Utah is just the one I want. Anybody know if a local dealer in the pnw is willing to do dealer trades w/ dealers outside of the pnw?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 06:52 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I've actually already checked auto trader and came up empty. After endless searching and playing around w/ zipcodes. Theres 2 dealers that I found that has one. One in Salt Lake, Utah and the other in San Jose California. The one in California has a bunch of extras I'm not interested in where as the one in Utah is just the one I want. Anybody know if a local dealer in the pnw is willing to do dealer trades w/ dealers outside of the pnw?
Usually dealer trades are in the same zone which utah might be in. I have had good luck with Auburn Mitsubsihi in the past.

You should come out to English Racing Hood River Run next month if you get it
Old Aug 12, 2016, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Just don't buy one from Northwest Motorsports, Ozzy Motors, or anywhere on S. Tacoma Way

MR Touring are pretty hard to find, if that's what you want I'd advise be willing to drive X number of states for it. English Racing goes to a lot of racing events and might cut you a deal on picking it up for you and trailer-ing it back if they've got space on the hauler
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
Usually dealer trades are in the same zone which utah might be in. I have had good luck with Auburn Mitsubsihi in the past.

You should come out to English Racing Hood River Run next month if you get it

The dealer I had gone to didn't want to do the work. I literally told them, "Hey look, dealer x has this car. Can you get it for me?" and all they said was I had to go there and get it.

I would love to go to that, we'll see if I have the car by than.

Originally Posted by llDemonll
Just don't buy one from Northwest Motorsports, Ozzy Motors, or anywhere on S. Tacoma Way

MR Touring are pretty hard to find, if that's what you want I'd advise be willing to drive X number of states for it. English Racing goes to a lot of racing events and might cut you a deal on picking it up for you and trailer-ing it back if they've got space on the hauler

I'm still looking for new vs an old one. I personally don't have that kind of relationship w/ English, so I'm not sure how they would feel about it. Regardless, I'm sure a dealer wouldn't let go of a car If I wasn't there.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow... there's only 1 new MR listed on autotrader within 500 miles of Renton but it's black. There's a bunch of Final Editions though. Good luck in your search.

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself to the Pacific Northwest