Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Bi-weekly DSM/EVO meets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bi-weekly DSM/EVO meets

Ok DSM/EVO Tuner's I think we have decided with this location.
Dick's Drive-in Restaurants in Lynnwood/Edmonds, WA.
(Bi-Weekly) July 11th Wednesday @ 6:30pm-?
(Location will change from time to time)

Address: 21910 Washington 99, Edmonds, WA 98026

Lets enjoy the summer!

Dick's is close to the freeway so no should get lost finding it and its not raining as much so it should be a good time to start some DSM/EVO meets.

There will be a meet-up @ Park n Ride on 164th in Lynnwood, wa meeting @ 6pm.
I will post on other dsm and Evo forums to gain some interest and as always

Please, DO NOT SPEED, REV, BURNOUTS OR DO ANYTHING STUPID IN ANY LOCATION.

We can always change the venue and time if needed.
PM me for any questions. See you guys soon

Last edited by mattp_65; Jul 7, 2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Date change
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:34 PM

Some stuff to take into consideration...

Our old successful weekly meets were during the week (Wednesdays). There was always too much stuff going on during the weekends, especially during the summer, to be able to get people together. They'd be too tired from participating in cruises and driving to/from car events, etc. You've already noticed that with the two immediate Saturdays.

Also, we did fine changing the location different weeks, as long as everyone knew were to go. We hit up different burger joints, different breweries, etc. We used to mainly go to Jack's billiards.

Alderwood mall has a good chance of being a short lived location. I remember Miguel getting in trouble for taking pictures, by him self. I remember when we met up there for the Tsunami fundraiser and the cop driving by looking at everyone's exhaust. They are the most unpleasant mall cops ever. There will need to be a point of going in to eat if it were to work.

If you do rotations, it's easy to come up with ideas and people vote. Maybe just keep this post and a FB event updated for where.

Other than that, it's good to get a regular meet going again. I was thinking about it myself.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
why not just re-ignite the monthly meets?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BellyD
I remember when we met up there for the Tsunami fundraiser and the cop driving by looking at everyone's exhaust.
^He went up there cause several cars did pulls going up to the top. That's why he was looking at everyone's exhaust. He also left us alone when we told him it was for the fund raiser.

I also think doing it during the week would be better. I vote for Wednesday
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming.

So there might be a venue and date change, but we still have 3 weeks to finally decide.

Any other good places that we can hide from the rain from time to time?
That was the only reason I chose Alderwood mall because of the parking garage.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the idea of covered parking but hate the idea of the mall. If we are doing this as a meet to hang by our cars and chat then we should find a new place. Its supposed to be summer soon so the weather shouldnt affect too badly if we dont have cover. I also agree on the weekday meet. Weekends are hectic. Wed works for me too.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:51 PM

I'm down for weekends or Wed. maybe we could bounce back and forth between the two to give everyone a chance to show up because some people may work weekends and some may work nights. Dick's would be a good one time meet location, also Jack's was prety fun the one time I have been there.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally weekend meets work best for me, I work week-nights. Also July 7th is gonna be a busy car day, got Stance Wars and the EvoM West Coast Drive
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Squeeb
Personally weekend meets work best for me, I work week-nights. Also July 7th is my friends bday so I'll be busy with that.
Fixed.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats how good of a friend I am. I was looking forward to Stance Wars all year since I couldnt make last years

Last edited by Squeeb; Jun 18, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Oh don't give me that.

Maybe that's what we can all do.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BellyD
Alderwood mall has a good chance of being a short lived location. I remember Miguel getting in trouble for taking pictures, by him self.
Yep, you are right Angie. I think kI have a rant thread on here somewhere. I went up there late so that I would not be a disruption. I drove nicely to the top of the garage by the movie theater and had just gotten my gear out when they came up and started harasing me. I tried to talk to them and point out that I wasn't harming or impacting anyone but they kept insisting that I leave. I told them to get their manager and another couple kids the same age as the first two came screeching up and litteraly burned rubber coming to a stop by my car. They were just as useless and threatened to call the cops and I informed them that I would love to talk to them. Cop came, talked to him, he realized how stupid the situation was and I left. Not sure that I would go to a meet at alderwood for any amount of time because I still have a slight inclination of popping one of them in the face to hopefully jar some connections in their brains so that they can better their vegetative state. Annyhoo, long sob story, but just warning you that they REALLY don't have anything else to do to keep them from just being little ******. Good luck with the meets though. I would recommend instead a once a month meet at Traxx or something like that.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:34 AM

Have fun with Lynnwood PD! They will pull you over if they even see a car with a wing! Plus mall security is always kicking people out!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:37 AM

Ok if we dont want Alderwood Mall please help decide a better location. Preferred of course is a parking garage. But shoot out some ideas.
So far ideas are:
1. TRAXX Indoor Raceway
2. Jack's
3. Dick's
4. Other breweries (e.g. Diamond knot in mulkiteo)

Time and day:
1. Saturday @ 6pm starting on July 7th
2. Wednesday @ 6pm starting on June 27th (cant do it on 4th july)

Duration:
1. Bi-weekly
2. Weekly
3. Monthly

Lets get a meet going and figure out some dates, times and location.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:21 AM

Any Decisions or comments? If not I can pick a place and time by the weekend. Seems like good weather this coming Wednesday.
I didn't see the West Coast Evo drive on the 7th so if you guys want we can have one this Wednesday, just need a location as not so many people like the Alderwood location.

Quick Reply: Bi-weekly DSM/EVO meets