Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Oak Harbor/Whidbey Evos pow wow

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oak Harbor/Whidbey Evos pow wow

It was brought to my attention when myself and vision were talking that the Subaru's meet next to a weekly basis here on the island. I know they probably outnumber us but that's not the point, I was wondering if you guys were interested in starting a routine get together on the island? We could probably do the Starbucks in the Albertson's plaza since there's plenty of well lit parking or even the Starbucks off the 20 as you come in to town. Anyways, this is just a feeler and I was thinking maybe this Saturday the 7th or possibly the next (14th) we could all get together and discuss making this a regular thing. What do you guys think?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:27 PM

the subie guys meet on tuesdays around 7-8pm at whidbey coffee i think. if i wasn't working the night shift, i would be at these meets. they are good people. talked to some of them on this last subaru hosted drive during the 4th. should just go to these meets. don't worry to much about "subie" or "evo" get togethers and instead just people who enjoy cars meet. but ya, i'm up to meet up this saturday. was wondering who the new evo owners in town are for a while now. lol.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 01:16 AM
Account Disabled

I used to meet up with the Subaru guys weekly a couple years ago, but most of the guys I knew all left area. There used to be a meet at the albertson's lot some time before that, all types, but a lot of the stupid honduh kids in town ruined it for everybody.

I don't own a Evo, but you'll sometimes see me driving my Blue Galant Wagon (which is sitting on base right now) and soon it will be a Starion. Used to have a green galant vr4 at one point, but that went to the scrap yard long ago.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 06:44 AM

I'm in!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 01:14 PM

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nice, I say we get together at the Starbucks across from the 7-11 around 2? How does that work for everyone? I know it's kind of last minute but you have to take advantage of the weather lol.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 01:46 AM

sounds good. stancewars is today in bellevue if you guys want to go. guess we can talk about it more at the meet.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 03:48 PM

It was nice seeing a couple guys there. Hopefully we can get some Saturday meets going down and possibly convoy to Mt. Vernon for bigger Bham/Whidbey/Mt. V/Everett meets. Maybe every other Saturday? Let's get something going for the guys further up north!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 09:58 AM

I wonder why no one in Bellingham bothers... Has anyone else noticed they don't even chime in or have meets? Do those hippies all just drive Prius'?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Im getting stationed on whidbey in september, looking foward to some meets!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:46 AM

mt vernon meets used to be big got 1 evo with me here and mostly hondas but all cool people. Plus 1 for subie out at whidbey i know all them good people. I might swing out to oak sometime if we can get more evos.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Hendrixmx
Im getting stationed on whidbey in september, looking foward to some meets!
welcome to whidbey in advance since i'll be transferring at the end of august.

anybody going to formula drift this weekend from oak harbor/b'ham area? feeling lazy if nobody else is going. might be a lazy weekend for me.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:43 PM

Anyone wanna do a little get together this week? ill be down for that, sucks that this has been brought up 3 weeks before im leaving lol.

-I drive a WW V/// with the carbon hood and trunk got green calipers too, stand out like a sore thumb! but im always down to do something and meet new people!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:08 AM

baker run this weekend. when and where we meeting up?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:20 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by YY80V3
welcome to whidbey in advance since i'll be transferring at the end of august.

anybody going to formula drift this weekend from oak harbor/b'ham area? feeling lazy if nobody else is going. might be a lazy weekend for me.
Lol, I just now saw this....I rolled down around 11am on Saturday.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:27 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by daishi77
Anyone wanna do a little get together this week? ill be down for that, sucks that this has been brought up 3 weeks before im leaving lol.

-I drive a WW V/// with the carbon hood and trunk got green calipers too, stand out like a sore thumb! but im always down to do something and meet new people!
I have still yet to spot you in town lol and there aren't many WW's around here. Unless you are the the one with a vinyl fender and CF hood/trunk from base? Specifically Hangar 6 area.

Last edited by RaptorReed; Jul 25, 2012 at 03:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Oak Harbor/Whidbey Evos pow wow