EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Lancer Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general-266/)
-   -   Fuego's Project Car! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general/581146-fuegos-project-car.html)

Fuego Nov 26, 2012 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Borla Update!

Here is the Picture of the Borla installed. I will have the ETS HFC and the Vibrant Resonator installed this week.

mcknight Nov 26, 2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fuego (Post 10524884)
Borla Update!

Here is the Picture of the Borla installed. I will have the ETS HFC and the Vibrant Resonator installed this week.

Those look nice {thumbup}

robyn402 Nov 26, 2012 06:49 PM

What test?

Originally Posted by Fuego (Post 10502806)
SST Oil!
I forgot to mention that when I had my car at the las cruses dealership that I used Pentosin FFL-2 which Mitsu just tested in my car and it passed the test. Just wanted to inform all :-)

Fuego Nov 26, 2012 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by robyn402 (Post 10525635)
What test?

Mitsu transmission oil test, they sent my oil sample away and it passed their oil analysis.

Fuego Nov 26, 2012 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by mcknight (Post 10525632)
Those look nice {thumbup}

Thanks!

robyn402 Nov 26, 2012 11:07 PM

appriciate the info

cause i'm coming up on my SST oil change, been debating which oil to go with

Originally Posted by Fuego (Post 10525663)
Mitsu transmission oil test, they sent my oil sample away and it passed their oil analysis.

richardjh Nov 27, 2012 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fuego (Post 10525663)

Used Pentosin FFL-2, sent to Mitsubishi to test. Mitsu happy with it. That IS interesting.

Thanks for that.

Rich

Fuego Nov 27, 2012 08:18 AM

Don't quote me on the oil thing! I'm just sharing my experience with you guys! As everyone knows any type of change u do is your responsibility! :-)

Fuego Nov 27, 2012 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z (Post 10499670)
I think that you should do whatever makes you happiest, don't worry about what people on the internet say because it's your car and your money, so you should do what means the most to you.

From a performance standpoint, stretching a tire too far actually loses the purpose of running wide wheels, which is to be able to run wider tires and increase contact area/traction; but if you like the way it looks and don't plan on taking the car to the track on a regular basis, then go for it.

What would be a good size tire for a 18"x9.5" rims?

Fuego Nov 27, 2012 10:00 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!

Well my insurance has decided to cover my transmission! So I'm trying to see what is the best plan of attack is and what the insurance will allow me to do when I get it fixed! I'm waiting on the adjuster now to get back with me so I can get this rolling!

If it goes the way I would want it that means 600 hp clutch upgrade and much more.

This will mean FP BB Red and ETS tubular manifold will also be going in :-) with future plans of a engine rebuilt right here at home.

For those who have transmission issues like I have then you should call your insurance and explain to the all the information. I had to give my insurance proof of purchase, all maintenance done by me, they called the 2 dealers I went to, and mitsubishi HQ. Once they did all this then they made the decision to cover the issue. I did nothing special but call them and explain to them my situation and they did their own investigation into it.

richardjh Nov 28, 2012 05:30 AM

{thumbup}

Personally, I'd put a perfectly stock one in there, use Dia-Queen fluid... and maximise the chance of hassle-free motoring! But that's just me - I'm funny that way. :D

Rich

Fuego Nov 28, 2012 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by richardjh (Post 10528093)
{thumbup}

Personally, I'd put a perfectly stock one in there, use Dia-Queen fluid... and maximise the chance of hassle-free motoring! But that's just me - I'm funny that way. :D

Rich

That's still a thought also but I know of a used one that I can get and still go through SSP for all the upgrades, it's a 2012 so it comes with the upgraded ECU logic stuff unlike the one I have the 2009 for about 3k. What I was thinking of doing is have SSP of Texas to analyze my transmission first to see if it's just the clutches and take it from there. I also have not done a log since the last time I posted to see how it has improved. I know the last dealer I took it too had a very hard time seeing the issue at all.

Fuego Nov 28, 2012 09:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
4th Gear Log!

I did one when the car was cold and one when it warmed up (30 mins later) and they look about the same. As you can see it looks amazing compaired to when I first started to have this issue.

I do thank you Rich and all those that have helped me through all of this. {thumbup}

richardjh Nov 28, 2012 03:02 PM

Hopefully not when the engine itself was cold... 7000rpm and all that... :p

That looks completely normal - no lumps and bumps at all. Is that your current trans, still? Before any replacement? If so, that's a fantastic recovery.

Rich

Fuego Nov 28, 2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh (Post 10529115)
Hopefully not when the engine itself was cold... 7000rpm and all that... :p

That looks completely normal - no lumps and bumps at all. Is that your current trans, still? Before any replacement? If so, that's a fantastic recovery.

Rich

Yep, Fantastic Recovery! Still my old transmission. No not a cold cold start. Free way not that close :-)

Juat waiting to see how the insurance will allow me to handle the claim :-)

Fuego Nov 29, 2012 08:54 AM

Update!

I installed the ETS HFC and it fits perfectly. I will take pictures later this week.

I ordered the following from MAP Performance.
8K front and rear Swift springs for my BC Coilovers.
DeatschWerks DW300 320lph in-tank Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit.
AEM Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator kit.

I spoke to Kozmic Motorsports (used to be SSP Texas) about a base tune and once I'm ready to install I just have to send the payment and they will send me a base tune and I will e-tune with them. Now all I need is a small battery kit and time for I can install the Evo X turbo. I'm hoping to install the 5" ETS Black FMIC next week.

Just waiting on the adjuster and the insurance to update me to see what direction I will take with my transmission claim :-)

If it goes my way I'm planning the following then: SSP full transmission kit, MAP EF4 or MAP EF3 upgrade turbo service, ETS Exhaust Manifold, ETS Evolution X Recirculated O2 Eliminator Downpipe, and my tires and rims :-)

If not then I will just be doing Evo X turbo and the tires and times soon.

Fuego Dec 3, 2012 09:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Borla and 5" ETS FMIC Update!

So I called Borla and they told me I need a Venturi for it. They sent it to me for free to my house. i still went ahead and ordered a Vibrant 1794 Bottle Style Resonator which is the only one that will properly fit. I should have it installed either thursday or friday. See attached picture of the Venturi.

On Friday night I started installing the 5" FMIC and all of the intercooler pipping. That part of the installation was not to bad. The hard part was figuring how to properly attach the JDM crash bar. I used Steel 1" spacers with M8x1.25x50 bolts and a bunch of washers.

My son help make sure that all the T-Bolt Clamps were nice and tight!

ETS Michael Dec 4, 2012 08:21 AM

Looks great man! Love the build.

robyn402 Dec 4, 2012 12:18 PM

so you have the vented crash beam, do you have vents for the bumper?

Fuego Dec 4, 2012 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael (Post 10539457)
Looks great man! Love the build.

Thanks Michael!

Originally Posted by robyn402 (Post 10539937)
so you have the vented crash beam, do you have vents for the bumper?

I have a custom body kit on my car.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_1588.jpg

mcknight Dec 4, 2012 06:06 PM

So Fuego i noticed in your 1st post you say its a father-son project. Does your kid get to drive this beast or just you? ;)

Fuego Dec 4, 2012 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by mcknight (Post 10540547)
So Fuego i noticed in your 1st post you say its a father-son project. Does your kid get to drive this beast or just you? ;)

lol... Well only I do. He sits in his chair and asks me to go fast. When we go out as a family he tells the wife : "I want to go in Daddys car because he drives fast" My boy is only 3 but he helps with little stuff and enjoys it. In all honesty he tightened most of the t-bolt clamps as us saw in the picture and I went behind him and finished it. Sometimes he hands me parts and tools (usual takes a while before I get the one I want, lol, but it's all good) ! Father and son time together is what counts the most. {thumbup}

mcknight Dec 4, 2012 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fuego (Post 10540570)
lol... Well only I do. He sits in his chair and asks me to go fast. When we go out as a family he tells the wife : "I want to go in Daddys car because he drives fast" My boy is only 3 but he helps with little stuff and enjoys it. In all honesty he tightened most of the t-bolt clamps as us saw in the picture and I went behind him and finished it. Sometimes he hands me parts and tools (usual takes a while before I get the one I want, lol, but it's all good) ! Father and son time together is what counts the most. {thumbup}

That's awesome :) start em young, this kids gonna be pulling apart engines before you know it.

KeDoSH Dec 5, 2012 02:38 PM

i know i could just text you but since im on the forums...what is the race scene like down there?

Fuego Dec 5, 2012 04:23 PM

We have a 1/4 mile track about 40mins away, we have a circuit track about 1hr 15mins away. I have not been to either so can't tell u much more. We also have cars and coffee meet once a month, awd club and another type of meet. I go when I can to them.

Fuego Dec 11, 2012 07:10 AM

Borla Update!

Venturi and the Resonator have been installed. What a difference! When I cruise you can't notice it. When I give it gas the beast sound of the Borla comes out! I'm loving it! {thumbup}{thumbup}{thumbup}

Fuego Dec 11, 2012 08:09 AM

Innovative LC-1 Update!

Man, I had many issues with it and it finally died on me. Most issues was trying to get it to work. Only worked for a while. Finally ripped it out of my car. I was able to connect to it using the laptop and kept getting error code 2 even with a new wideband installed and everything. It was just fustrating.

After doing much research I hear that the best one to get to use with EvoScan is Zeitronix Zt-2. I also heard that the AEM Uego is really good but for my use I think the Zeitronix Zt-2 will be better.

So I'm planning to get the Zeitronix Zt-2 and ZR-2 Wideband / Boost / EGT Gauge Package. As always I will keep you guys updated. :D

Napius Dec 14, 2012 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Fuego (Post 10552507)
Borla Update!

Venturi and the Resonator have been installed. What a difference! When I cruise you can't notice it. When I give it gas the beast sound of the Borla comes out! I'm loving it! {thumbup}{thumbup}{thumbup}

First off, sweet car.

Second, I'm looking into the Borla, but I'm worried about it being too loud with cops and drone (most of my commute is 60-80 mph highway driving). I'm only doing the catback with everything else stock, so I know it won't be as loud as yours was, but if I do need the Venturi or resonator, how/where are they installed?

Thanks!

Fuego Dec 14, 2012 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Napius (Post 10558969)
First off, sweet car.

Second, I'm looking into the Borla, but I'm worried about it being too loud with cops and drone (most of my commute is 60-80 mph highway driving). I'm only doing the catback with everything else stock, so I know it won't be as loud as yours was, but if I do need the Venturi or resonator, how/where are they installed?

Thanks!

The Venturi goes between the muffler and the Y part. The resonator goes between the cat and the borla muffler, Your setup will be a lot quietist than mine. I don't see any issues. I pass cops a lot and they don't say anything to me. I had the work done at a shop as they had to weld the parts. Borla sent me the Venturi for free. Just call them :-)

Fuego Mar 6, 2013 07:35 AM

Transmission Update

Sorry for the long delay! Been crazy busy and I just got my car back. So here is what happened.
My insurance covered my transmission and I decided to go with upgraded clutches (SSP 500).

Now no more clutch slipping :D

Fuego Mar 6, 2013 07:41 AM

Mod Updates!

1 Attachment(s)
I had Kozmic install my Evo X turbo, AMS DP, Bomba Fuel Rail, Evo X spark plugs, ETS Air Intake, AMS Small battery kit, FID Front motor mount, 1100 CC FIC injectors, Evo X Exhaust Manifold, Grimmport EBC, MAP Evo X Fuel Pump Install Kit w/ DW300, and MAP AFPR Hose Kit w/ Turbosmart FPR. They did this at the same time they did the clutch upgrade. I'm not sure if i'm forgetting anything but I believe everything is listed.

Car is making amazing power. I'm really happy!!!
I try to run on E85 when I can (only one gas station here has it and it's out of my way :mad:) but I can easily switch to 91 and remap the vehicle by putting it on the on position and holding down the gas pedal. If cruise control is blinking im on E85. 91 is the highest octane we have here in El Paso.

I attached of my before mod and after mod Dyno!

Fuego Mar 6, 2013 07:44 AM

Springs Update!

I changed the springs fof my BC Racing Coilovers.
I installed the 8k front and rear swift springs and what a major, major differance!
I love how it feels and rides!

Fuego Mar 14, 2013 04:36 PM

Tires Update!

Tax return coming soon and I need new tires. Which means new rims {thumbup}

This is what I plan to get:
XXR-522 18x9.5 Chromium Black
Yokohama S. Drive 265/35 R18

I want my tires to last longer then some of the options that are out there and that why i'm not going with RE-11 or something similar to that. I might even change it to something that is 265/40.

I will also be going to the field in May and hope to bring my car to the body shop and finally get it all done.

Fuego Mar 30, 2013 11:30 AM

Tires and Wheels Update

1 Attachment(s)
So I got the XXR-522 18x9.5 Chromium Black & Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/40ZR18XL

Fuego Mar 30, 2013 11:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is some more pictures of the tires and rims. I also have one of my son helping me test fit the rims.

Fuego Mar 30, 2013 11:59 PM

First Page Is Updated!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the first page list that I have is updated. Sorry about the delay but It's now updated and hope to keep it that way. Thanks!

RalliMark Mar 31, 2013 07:05 AM

What's the offset on the wheels? Are you lowered?

Fuego Mar 31, 2013 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by RalliMark (Post 10736812)
What's the offset on the wheels? Are you lowered?

Offset is +25 and I'm lowered. I have BC Racing Coilovers w/ Swift spring.
I can't go any lower or I can't go up my drive way, lol.
I have a widebody kit on my ralliart.

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-522-Wheels-18x9-5-Chromium-Black-p/52289142c.htm

gaabbee Mar 31, 2013 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fuego (Post 10736880)
Offset is +25 and I'm lowered. I have BC Racing Coilovers w/ Swift spring.
I can't go any lower or I can't go up my drive way, lol.
I have a widebody kit on my ralliart.

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-522-Wh.../52289142c.htm

haha..fix the driveway!

vroooom247 Mar 31, 2013 11:37 AM

look into the a cup kit...im getting umbrella lift kit installed next week.zero compromise to your track suspension.

Fuego Mar 31, 2013 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by vroooom247 (Post 10737098)
look into the a cup kit...im getting umbrella lift kit installed next week.zero compromise to your track suspension.

I did, and it's a great kit. I currently sit about 5.75" from the ground. It's also my Daily Driver. When I use to be 3" I would scrape everywhere and made it very hard to drive. With the new wide rims I would have to make modifications to the body kit also if i go below 5". I love where it sits now and the car looks very aggressive. Sometime this year I hope to have the body finished :-). Finish with the carbon peices, redo the hood with a very good clear coat and a few other things.

The only thing I want to do is finish the body, BBK, nice sound system, and a couple of minor stuff. Then maybe in the future a Map Turbo. The clutches are holding great on the current setup with no issues and I still need to get the Super Sports Mode.

Ralliart915 Apr 2, 2013 10:05 PM

I see that Ralliart from time to time lol. Mostly in Northeast sometimes lol. Looks good man, I also saw you pass up I believe a challenger trying to race you like nothing if I recall.

Fuego Apr 3, 2013 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ralliart915 (Post 10741479)
I see that Ralliart from time to time lol. Mostly in Northeast sometimes lol. Looks good man, I also saw you pass up I believe a challenger trying to race you like nothing if I recall.

lol... That would be me. I live in the Northeast by MLK. I will be going to the traks next friday. My friend who has a 370z has been bugging me to go. Hopefully it will be a sad day for him :D It's been a long time since I been on the track so it will be intresting.

Also, I will be calling Sisbarro Mitsubishi in about 1 hr to see if they will be able to help me get S-Sports mode on the car. Will find out later today. They told me they have to talk to the Mitsubishi tech and see what he says but that they dont' see why they can't. If you ever need warranty work on your car. Go there and talk to Tony. He is always a great help and their service is great.

Ralliart915 Apr 4, 2013 12:26 PM

Dude that's sick. Post your times, I haven't gone yet to the track with my Ralliart yet. All I know is your gonna kill it on the track.

Fuego Apr 5, 2013 11:12 PM

For those in El Paso :-) https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...0#post10746730

tripleskate Apr 6, 2013 07:01 AM

Interesting body modifications....Curious to see the completed result.

Fuego Apr 6, 2013 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by tripleskate (Post 10747006)
Interesting body modifications....Curious to see the completed result.

Carbon windspliter, carbon carnads and a re-clearcoat of the hood. Is what I have on hand.

This is what I want to get.
http://www.rexpeed.net/2012/en/produ...php?serial=294

Carbon fiber fins when someone comes out for it for us.
Rexpeed said they were working on it.

I have a ground effect to install also.

Can't wait to have it all done. It's been a long project.

Fuego Apr 9, 2013 08:03 PM

Black Out Headlights!

3 Attachment(s)
So I decided to take the risk and black out my headlights. I used plasti-dip black for it. It's tedious work but I believe it's going to be well worth it. The lights will go on tomorrow.

Fuego Apr 9, 2013 08:12 PM

Black Out Headlights, Part 2!

3 Attachment(s)
one of them is out of the oven :)

Fuego Apr 15, 2013 11:48 AM

Son's B-day

2 Attachment(s)
My son turned 4 yesterday and as always wants me to take my car and not the family car :lol:
Wife made the crazy angrybirds cake.

Here is a picture of the black-out headlights. Hope you guys like it! Will try to get some pictures in the daylight soon.

I also plasti-dip the gas cover.

The front bumper is finally aligned correctly. Had to do some cutting where the intercooler sits it was hitting the front bumper and would not align correctly.

Fuego Apr 19, 2013 08:07 AM

My thoughts

I would love to go big and if I could go big this is what I would do. I might start doing this next year or even later than that.

Mishimoto Universal Dual Pass Race Radiator
MAPerformance Rev 3 Intake Manifold
MAP Ultimate Duty H11 Head Studs
MAP EF2.5 Turbocharger
MAPerformance Tubular Exhaust Manifold
Aquamist: Meth System (It won't be my DD if I was to do this)
SSP Flywheel

MAP Stage 5 Cylinder Head Preparation w/
AMS Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X “TMP” Camshafts
AMS Mitsubishi 4B11 Cam Cap
Ferrea Dual Valve Spring Kit

Current Goals:
Finish Body Kit / Should be finished with in 2 months if all goes well
Finish up the suspension / Hoping by next week to finish this
More aggressive tune
SST Trans cooler upgrade
Complete Wire Tuck
Weight Reduction
S-Sport and LC
Gauges
BBK

Fuego Apr 20, 2013 10:13 PM

Black Out Headlights!

2 Attachment(s)
Finally able to post a decent picture. :-)

Here is a picture of the engine bay.
Hope to do a wiretuck this summer.

mario's evo 9 Apr 22, 2013 11:11 AM

Pimp .. I will like to see how my 9 goes against urs at the track

Fuego Apr 22, 2013 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by mario's evo 9 (Post 10772031)
Pimp .. I will like to see how my 9 goes against urs at the track

I might be there this friday. Will be my first time. I'm all for it. :D

Just wish I could get the stupid s-sport mode before then but it don't look like that will happen.

Fuego Apr 26, 2013 01:30 PM

Suspension done! Alignment done! 1/4 mile happening tonight!
Mario you going to come out?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...s-img_3207.jpg

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...s-img_3218.jpg

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...s-img_3221.jpg

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...s-img_3224.jpg

More suspension information: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...er-arms-5.html

mario's evo 9 Apr 27, 2013 01:05 PM

Sorry I barely saw ur post today...:-( how did it go?

Fuego Apr 27, 2013 08:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mario's evo 9 (Post 10781145)
Sorry I barely saw ur post today...:-( how did it go?

It's all good Mario. i plan to go again very soon. lol...
For my first time i have to say i had a BLAST!!!

So I ran 7 times. 2 times I got the slow down message. 1 i lost to a Z06 and the rest I smoke them. Best time I had and my friend has was against each other :lol:

I have a lot to improve and I mean a lot!!!!

The first slip was against my friends 370z.
The second one was against a GTO but has my fastest speed. He wanted to race me also. I messed up the launch but i passed him :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLhJZ...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfVso...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbvOb...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJzKR...ature=youtu.be

Fuego Apr 27, 2013 09:24 PM

Oil and Trans Cooler

I'm looking at a DIY Oil and Trans cooler for the ralliart.
i'm going to keep my finding posted here so I can find them. lol

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ested-one.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...st-cooler.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...on-cooler.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...install-7.html

mario's evo 9 Apr 28, 2013 12:56 PM

Pretty good times man.. Let me know when ur going again im thinking of going this Friday

Fuego Apr 28, 2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by mario's evo 9 (Post 10782260)
Pretty good times man.. Let me know when ur going again im thinking of going this Friday

Yea great for the first time. Seeing the timeslip and where I can improve I believeI can do atleast high 12s. Maybe this time i will take stuff out of my car :lol:

I really do want to work on my overall launch. It would be great to have other :mitsu: out there.

Fuego Apr 29, 2013 09:59 PM

SST Cooler

This is something I realized I needed after having fun at the track!

Derale 15860 Hyper-Cool Remote Mount Fluid Cooler
Derale 15721 In-Line Fluid Thermostat

For a secondary cooler I'm planning to get this:
FP920M22I - Setrab series 9, 20 row with dual 12 volt fans

I'm also thinking about a turbo timer to help and give the SST a little extra time after I drive. El Paso weather gets about 105F a lot in the summer time.

Fuego May 6, 2013 11:14 AM

Cooler Installed

4 Attachment(s)
Cooler was installed and working great. Got the brackets at lowes and new 1/2" hose and hose clamps at autozone.

Today I will be doing the electrical for it.

I'm doing a SPDT switch that was I can turn it on when I want to for track days. Otherwise it will go on at 180F and turn off at 165F.

For the switch I will have the top for manual turn on which will go directly to ground. The middle goes to the ground on the fan. The bottom goes to the oil temp switch.

Fuego May 12, 2013 08:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Wind Splitter and Skid plate finally installed. {thumbup}

Slowly but surely it's coming together.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3314.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3315.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3309.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3230.jpg

Current Goals:
Finish Body Kit / Should be finished with in 1 1/2 months if all goes well
More aggressive tune
Complete Wire Tuck
Weight Reduction
S-Sport and LC
Gauges
BBK

cjsabaki May 12, 2013 08:23 PM

Looks awesome!! Great work!!

Chris

Fuego May 12, 2013 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by cjsabaki (Post 10803819)
Looks awesome!! Great work!!

Chris

Thanks! Appreciate it. :thumbup:

Fuego May 16, 2013 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plasti-Dipped the windsplitter support rod.
I also added smoked side markers.

I'm hoping to make the final touches on the body kit tomorrow. Then on monday morning the car will go to the body shop to be completely finished. :D

I should be picking it back up on June 15th when I return from Houston.

Looks like tomorrow will be a very nice day to go to the tracks. {thumbup}

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3334.jpg

Fuego May 29, 2013 11:02 PM

Update!

So my car is in the body shop getting all done.
i'm hoping to order the vortex and get it wrapped in CF.
The one that rexpeed was going to make feel through :(

Take a look and see if I want to install my carnards
Plasti-dip with glossifier to protect my clear coat.

This should all be done hopefully by the start of june.

Complete wiretuck and weight reduction by end of june.

Near Future:
S-Sport and LC
Gauges
BBK

Far Future:
MAP EF4 Turbo
Kelford Cams 214-B
Supertech Dual Valve Spring
MAP Rev 3 Intake
ARP HeadStuds
ETS Replacement manifold
Better audio system

Still working on trying to figure out what I will need for my fuel system to upgrade too for the EF4 turbo. Will keep you guys posted.

Jay10Ralliart May 30, 2013 07:45 AM

The car would look so much more badass if it were lower!! Car is awesome but I just cant get over the wheel gap you have. If the cars goin to the body shop have them fix the body kit so the car can be lower.

Fuego May 30, 2013 08:23 AM

I would but I would not be able to drive around with out scraping :-(. If I go out of my driveway wrong I scrape now. I'm 5.5" from the ground I believe. Can't to a few people house because they have large dips in the roads. I used to hit them when I was lowered then I am now. If I did not live here then I would drop another 1". Would the car look better lowered yes but I also don't think the pictures do it justic. It don't think it looks like it needs to be lowered till I see a picture.

Jay10Ralliart May 31, 2013 06:41 AM

Texas roads are that bad?! Here in Indiana & Illinois Ive never seen such terrible roads and Im lowered on springs 2" and have a front cf lip. Never scraped anything but that little flap under the front. My parents have a monster curb to pull in their driveway and if I go in at an angle I never hit. Ive had major practice driving these roads lowered as this is my 5th lowered car Ive owned and my previos car a 350Z was 2" off the ground with a full lip kit and that was work not hit things.

Fuego May 31, 2013 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart (Post 10829475)
Texas roads are that bad?! Here in Indiana & Illinois Ive never seen such terrible roads and Im lowered on springs 2" and have a front cf lip. Never scraped anything but that little flap under the front. My parents have a monster curb to pull in their driveway and if I go in at an angle I never hit. Ive had major practice driving these roads lowered as this is my 5th lowered car Ive owned and my previos car a 350Z was 2" off the ground with a full lip kit and that was work not hit things.

Most people lowered that much here usually have damaged front bumpers. When I was lowered 3" from the ground it seemed I hit everything here no matter what I tried. No not all of Texas, just where I'm at I think lol. If I go out of My driveway wrong my wind splitter would scrap just a hair. I go on all angled every time.

Fuego May 31, 2013 02:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well my car should be ready when I get back into town. The car is looking good! The hood is finally redone, well almost lol... I went to the body shop today to get an update on it and to see how it looks. It looking amazing. I plan to use plasti-dip glossifier on it when it comes out. I should be putting the carnards and the Vortex wrapped in CF on. I do want to put the CF side skirt extensions on it but I might have to wait.

I also got invited to a car show. Still waiting on more information but if eveything goes well my car should be in it.

Fuego Jul 10, 2013 08:41 AM

Car Show on Saturday. My car will be there and I'm very excited as this will be my first car show I'm actually in. Finally got the body finished and it's looking great. Just some minor parts I still want to add which I might add everything that I have before the event which is the front carnards and ground effects. Need some new pics and will be taking them at the event as there is suppose to be models and everything like that there.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...ot-night-3.jpg

neogeo64 Jul 10, 2013 11:36 AM

Good Luck! {thumbup}

el3ment Jul 10, 2013 11:16 PM

Car is looking good dude. Good luck for Sat and post up some pics from the car in the exhibition.

Fuego Jul 14, 2013 07:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of Pictures from the car show. Since I was in the sponsor section I did not get to be in the actual prize section. {thumbdwn}

It was a lot of fun. Live music and a lot of people. Though I thought there would have been a lot more people. Either way it was a good time.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_6679.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_6731.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_6738.jpg

theboxbox Jul 14, 2013 08:02 PM

Sick! I really like your setup

Fuego Jul 14, 2013 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by theboxbox (Post 10884914)
Sick! I really like your setup

Thanks! Glad you liked it. I had a bunch of people come to me to me during the car show and asked a lot of questions and take pictures. :D It felt great. Glad to represent for our community. Now I'm ready for the next car show lol

Fuego Jul 14, 2013 10:31 PM

Oh yea. I did upgrade my horns on the car with the PIAA 500HZ + 600HZ Sports Horn. Very easy install and I love the way they sound. They sound like this:

neogeo64 Jul 15, 2013 10:42 AM

Fuego, have you thought of coilovers so you can drop it for shows, raise it for DD?

Interested in seeing how the horns look mounted. :D

Fuego Jul 15, 2013 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by neogeo64 (Post 10885649)
Fuego, have you thought of coilovers so you can drop it for shows, raise it for DD?

Interested in seeing how the horns look mounted. :D

I do have Coilovers. Just did not have enough time. Was still adding stuff at the last min. I put on the front canards on about 2hrs before the show they had to wash it and prep for show. Time was not on my side lol. Next show it will be lowered as I won't have a lot of other stuff to do, lol.

I took off all the stickers off the horns and mounted them close. Nothing to wow about lol. Just did not want the horns that most STIs have on them so it's different and I like how it sounds a lot more than the OEM ones but when I can I will take a picture.

Fuego Jul 15, 2013 12:11 PM

What I'm looking to get done very soon:

I'm hoping to order the vortex and get it wrapped in CF.
The one that rexpeed was going to make fell through :-(

Take a look and see if I want to install my carnards
Plasti-dip with glossifier to protect my clear coat.
Complete wiretuck and weight reduction by August, maybe lol.

Near Future:
S-Sport and LC
More Gauges
BBK

Far Future:
Bigger Turbo
Better audio system

Fuego Jul 31, 2013 05:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Before I decide to cover my car in full plasti-dip I started to experiment. Clear and metallic gold. Here are the results and the metallic gold does give it a metallic look to the paint. First I did one layer of glossifier and then 2 of the gold and 3 of the glossifier. The one on the driver side is the one in plasti dip and the passenger has nothing added to it. What you guys think? I believe I need one more gold layer and 2 more clear layer. It was put on very lightly and these was with the spray cans.

Plasti-dip:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3856.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3854.jpg

Nothing Done To It:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3853.jpg
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...r-img_3852.jpg

Fuego Jul 31, 2013 10:13 PM

Not 100% sure I understand this post. Lol

Fuego Aug 3, 2013 02:34 PM

Coming Up!!!

http://events.kvia.com/BEAT_THE_STRE...itional-images

My car should be at the event. I asked to see if my sponsor would sponsor me again. lol. Anyways it looks like fun. Cars and concert.

This time the car will be lowered!

Ralliart915 Sep 5, 2013 03:05 PM

:thumbup: Man saw your car on Kenworthy again dude it's looking more and more clean. I was the guy in the red evo x that honked lol.

ChaosSoldier Oct 22, 2013 03:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Fuego Oct 11, 2016 01:27 PM

Thanks everyone! Sorry for such a late reply. I have not been on here for a very long time. Just a quick update. The car is running great and I painted all the carbon fiber black. The carbon fiber took a beating because of the heat. I actually like the black look and maybe later today I will take a picture of it. The transmission is holding up well after almost 4 years. I did change my headlights but I think that's about it.

I'm getting ready to do some stuff next year. I will post when time comes.

Fuego Oct 11, 2016 02:06 PM

Not clean though, has a light layer of Dust
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...9fa7ea6632.jpg

Fuego Oct 26, 2016 08:09 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...80d09134fa.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...c77b65ac54.jpg

Here are the headlights I currently have on: Anzo USA 121428 Black Halo Projector Headlight with Clear Lens and Amber Reflector for Mitsubishi Lancer

Fuego Oct 26, 2016 08:24 AM

My Transfer Case is dying. I ordered a used one and it should be here soon. It's used but has 36k miles and I got it for $650.

I notice some issues with my suspension. A lot of boots leading from the axel and the control arms. I got CV joint boots for all the axels, total of 8. Got a ball joint for the lower control arms and some whiteline parts that I will be installing also, wish they had everything I needed as a product.
Whiteline KLC163 - Front Sway Bar Links
Whiteline W53382 - Front Lower Control Arm Bushings - Inner Rear Position
Whiteline W0593 - W0593 Front Control Arm Bushing

Ordered some Nylon And Stainless Steel Braided Fuel Oil Gas Line Hose Black because some of them are starting to look bad on the car and some High Temperature Silicone Vacuum Tubing Hose.

Will be ordering a new transmission radiator fan as my fan is DEAD.

That means when I get to the shop, it will be a busy day.

Fuego Oct 26, 2016 08:52 AM

Future Plans:
Turbo: A kit for the BW EFR 8374, not sure who I will get the kit from yet and have not decided IWG or EWG yet.

Transmission:
Get my transmission a full and complete Overhaul and new clutches. It will be done by Kozmic Motorsports and this is what will be done:
Overhaul, Getrag DCT470 (SST) Transmission. Includes Overhaul kit, all filters, labor, fork 4 repair, clutch set up, VB bore plug upgrades, Dyno Testing, Coding, Teaching, Vin Writing, and other computer related functions requiring a MUT3 tool . Clutch Module Kit, 10 Disc, DCT470 (SST), includes steel plates and R series pistons OEM Diaqueen SST Transmission fluid. Plus the Dodson Heated Sump Kit.

Others:
K27 Catch Can or Driven Catch Can.
Get the new sets of fuel pump relays.
Fuel Pump: Walbro 450

MAP Stud Kit
GSC S2 Cams, and head ported by HeadGames Motorworks 4B Pocket Port “R” Package 031
Intake Ported w/ mil.spec tb

Block Info Coming Soon.

Fuego Oct 29, 2016 08:31 PM

Ok currently planning to do a relocation of battery to the trunk. I'm planning on a decent sound system and I need to relocate the battery so that I can have a full size.

For the trunk:
Optima Yellow Top 34/78 Battery
Optima Billet Battery Tray Racing Race Trunk Relocation Box Hold Down
Military Spec Battery Terminal Top Post Kit
2 AWG Flexible Welding Cable Black and Red

For Engine Bay:
Part Number: 8571A017 (Joint Wiring)
Part Number: 8571A018 (Fusible Link Cover)
Part Number: 8571A019 (Fusible Link)
Custom bracket to hold the joint wiring box

Currently this is what I plan to order.

Fuego Nov 10, 2016 04:34 PM

Bunch of stuff came in!!!
MAP investment Cast manifold coming.
Walbro 450 kit by kozmic is in
Transfercase is in
More whiteline suspension parts and other suspension parts
New fuel lines
New vacuum lines
XS Power D925 battery, cables and everything to mount it in the trunk.
Fuel relays
New CV boots for all the axles
And all the stuff for a full service.
Once everything comes in I'll add the part #s to page one.

Might get a retune after.

Next year I hope to do the transmission upgrade, Turbo upgrade and audio.