EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   AMS Transmisson Cooler Kit and AMS Exhaust (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/431426-ams-transmisson-cooler-kit-ams-exhaust.html)

Ladogaboy Jul 10, 2009 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by gccruz (Post 7263739)
That 20 pounds wont even offset ur sub(s) and amp let alone the box. honestly there are only a few people that are on the ralliart forums that need the weight savings. and it will take a lot more that 20lbs to help our FAT PIGS down the strip.:lol:
:mitsu:

I disagree. 20lbs is 20lbs. Take off 20lbs here and 20lbs there, and it adds up. True there are limits to what you would want to do to a daily driver, but cutting 100-150 pounds would be very noticeable.

jazket Jul 10, 2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by elpoole (Post 7261334)
Single is SOOO rice, sounds horrible and wimpy. Makes it sound likes its got a cold.

You got to get the CP-E exhaust. Its so sounds WRC evil. There are a couple 8s and 9s around where I live. First thing they ask about is the exhaust and how mean it sounds.

That's why I wouldn't put a Single on a car that came with dual, and it's got a diffuser with fitted for a dual-exit muffler setup. That single is rice.... it might give you better performance but for the street it's a ricy kind of setup; unless the car already came with a single from stock and it doesnt have a diffuser or its got a single cut in the back

ReaperSevero Jul 10, 2009 01:05 PM

I'm getting the single ricey or not I want the performance and weight reduction. The only dual exhaust that I like the sound of is CP-E and they have a 3 inch with a stepdown to 2 1/5 after the muffler. I wanted 3 inch or bigger all the way through so that would mean modifying the brand new exhaust costing me more money.

evil03 Jul 10, 2009 01:20 PM

its not rice till you make it rice.. come guys... more power to ones that like single and more power to the ones like dual.... at the end of it all its about what makes you guys happier in the end...

single?? dual?? hell!!! imma do a side exhaust lol with a 3" dump valve out the right side... and shoot fireballs... like fast and furious.... JK lol

that actually sound temping...

but for me i am still waiting to see the ams gonna look on the RA

elpoole Jul 10, 2009 01:22 PM

It splits into 2 x 2 1/2 so you aint loosin no flow. The complete setup dyno'd 30hp+ under the curve at top end. Now THATs a noticeable gain.

elpoole Jul 10, 2009 01:23 PM

naw, single is rice as rice. It is what it is.

20lbs!? If your really that worried you should have got an Atom.

Furthermore. At every moment of my drive, rippin it or not, the dual sounds badass. Single goes from sounding bad to sounding worse under throttle.

CaSilvia Jul 10, 2009 02:07 PM

I agree single would look stupid due to our diffuser, it would just ruin the back end.

gccruz Jul 10, 2009 02:15 PM

totally agree with ^ and ^^

08Lancer89 Jul 10, 2009 02:15 PM

we will soon see :)

Talonralliart Jul 11, 2009 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by evil03 (Post 7266124)
its not rice till you make it rice.. come guys... more power to ones that like single and more power to the ones like dual.... at the end of it all its about what makes you guys happier in the end...

single?? dual?? hell!!! imma do a side exhaust lol with a 3" dump valve out the right side... and shoot fireballs... like fast and furious.... JK lol

that actually sound temping...

but for me i am still waiting to see the ams gonna look on the RA

I agree, its all in what you want out of your car and the look and sound you prefer. I saw an EVOX with a duel set up that looked a lot like this one and I thought it looked great. Personally I prefer the duel because of the diffuser. I love the look of this car and I don't think it will look right with an empty space at the back. Just my 2 cents.

evil03 Jul 11, 2009 11:01 PM

the exhaust sounds amazing!!!!!! working on a clip right now!!!!

evil03 Jul 12, 2009 12:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here some pics..... with the AMS CatBack System

evil03 Jul 12, 2009 12:18 AM

My Little bro just whipped this up... in like 30mins... little video wiz... and he 13... lol

ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZynCRx1ks

boondoc Jul 12, 2009 01:47 AM

There is nothing wrong with a single outlet but it jus looks odd with an extra opening with the RA bumper even the Evo. I would rather get the dual with a few extra pounds. I doubt it would make much of a difference.

Drows Jul 12, 2009 02:33 AM

+1
If/when I get to the exhaust I'll definitely go dual. Single just doesn't look right IMO, the extra gains (20lbs? any HP?) is insignificant, if you are that hard core for a few hundreds off a 1/4, then you bought the wrong car, but that's just my opinion. (I'm all for AMS products over most others, but sometimes you just gotta go with form over function)