EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Automotosports - Illinois (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/automotosports-illinois-71/)
-   -   Stay Tuned! FP Red on E-85 Dyno'd! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/automotosports-illinois/423664-stay-tuned-fp-red-e-85-dynod.html)

WannaRace May 28, 2009 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by ninekrevs (Post 7109559)
how much boost are you going to run? 500whp is possible if you go past 30psi. although you should of went with 1200cc injectors so you won't run out of fuel.

I am planning for 28-30 but will wait for Chris to tell me if this is ideal

WannaRace May 28, 2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by yahu (Post 7109656)
I'm very interested in this thread. I have similar supporting mods and have been debating which turbo to upgrade to. The FPRed is a front runner, but I don't have e85 readily available but am running 100% meth. Good luck this weekend, OP!

Thanks, that is the reason for this thread, simply to inform the community

MrMeaner May 28, 2009 03:11 PM

Are you gonna tune it with the cutout open or closed?

06MREvo May 28, 2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by MrMeaner (Post 7109739)
Are you gonna tune it with the cutout open or closed?

Good question...do you have a HFC on your car after the cutout or a test pipe? Depending on the boost you run & your injectors I say around 440whp/wtq...looking forward to the results...good luck...{thumbup}

WannaRace May 28, 2009 03:53 PM

Cut-out open, there is a testpipe post cut-out

06MREvo May 28, 2009 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by WannaRace (Post 7109860)
Cut-out open, there is a testpipe post cut-out

nice...do you have a wideband before the cutout or are you gonna crawl under there and clip the sniffer wideband on the cutout to tune it? haha...

WannaRace May 28, 2009 04:32 PM

Ya that I'm not sure of... This is a first on the dyno for me. What's usually the course taken for a setup like this?

06MREvo May 28, 2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by WannaRace (Post 7110002)
Ya that I'm not sure of... This is a first on the dyno for me. What's usually the course taken for a setup like this?

Well, if you are getting it tuned with the cutout open I'm sure the tuner will want to get the sniffer clipped on the cutout so they can get a more accurate A/F ratio...I have the QTP cutout also but I have never been tuned with it open...It has been closed during the tune then opened afterward to see the gain...I also have a 3 in HFC on my car after the cutout...I have seen 12-15whp gain on a mustang dyno with opening the cutout after the tune...I will probably never get tuned with the cutout open unless I am tuning for race gas then heading to the track...

WannaRace May 28, 2009 05:12 PM

Good deal. Whenever I take the car out it's going somewhere where the cut out will be used anyway. On the street it stays closed

06MREvo May 28, 2009 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by WannaRace (Post 7110155)
Good deal. Whenever I take the car out it's going somewhere where the cut out will be used anyway. On the street it stays closed

stays closed on the street?? Well, thats no fun...you need to open that badboy up to let people know you are there...scare them a little...wake them up...drop their cell phone in their lap while they are texting or talking to someone...haha...

WannaRace May 29, 2009 06:35 PM

I would like to send a HUGE thanks to Chris at AMS for doing an outstanding job on my car. This thing pulls hard all the way to the top and doesn't stop! I also want to thank everyone else at AMS that took care of me. These guys are top notch and they go the extra distance to make sure you leave a happy and satisfied customer!!! On to the numbers...

I will have a graph up soon so the numbers will have to hold you guys off for now

458whp/423wtq
I will follow up with a 1/4 mile time in a few weeks to see what this thing can put down on the track

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...oDynoSheet.jpg
I will take your questions now :)

midwestmonster May 29, 2009 06:43 PM

How much boost?

WannaRace May 29, 2009 06:46 PM

Just over 34psi tapering down to 30psi

project_skyline May 31, 2009 09:13 PM

You only made 458 on e85 running 34 psi!?

That seems low to me, i figured with that much you would have broke 500 but maybe im wrong.

Cant wait to see 1/4 times then.

yahu May 31, 2009 09:23 PM

It depends on the dyno (what does AMS have?). Also, how aggressive the tuner feels with the customer, environment such as heat/humidity, elevation, etc.