EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Automotosports - Illinois (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/automotosports-illinois-71/)
-   -   Stay Tuned! FP Red on E-85 Dyno'd! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/automotosports-illinois/423664-stay-tuned-fp-red-e-85-dynod.html)

yahu Jun 1, 2009 11:02 AM

^^^definitely agreed, which is why I run 100% pump+meth. The gas up here in WA is better than CA, but it still sucks and can vary widely.

*edit - unfortunately e85 is about 30 miles one way in the wrong direction for me. Add that to the fact that you don't get as far on a fillup and it is just out of reach for me. Also, my wife puts up with my car enough but wouldn't go with the 55 gallon drum in the garage so well.

Sorry for a bit off topic OP. I'm assuming e85 is widely available to you? Do you ever do long-ish road trips? Do you have a pump tune you can switch to? If I was running e85 I would definitely be getting myself a flexfuel logo! :)

WannaRace Jun 1, 2009 11:34 AM

Plenty of E85 stations around my area. I usually don't do long road trips (I fly free :)) but if I have to, my GPS lets me know the closest E85 stations relative to where I'm at. I can plan ahead of time. No other map on the car because this is just a pleasure car.

MrMeaner Jun 1, 2009 01:04 PM

Did you really end up tuning with the cutout open or did Chris recommend otherwise. I would've gone open track use or not. I mean, regardless of where you punch it wrong or right, you'd want the performance at that time. All other times who cares about power. Nobody is going all out from light to light unless they are jackasses anyways. I'm very interested in knowing. Also, any points of interest or did Chris say anything specific about tuning with the cutout open?

Clutchdc5 Jun 1, 2009 01:07 PM

i have 2 friends that hit over 500whp with red/E85

WannaRace Jun 1, 2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Clutchdc5 (Post 7121992)
i have 2 friends that hit over 500whp with red/E85

Very constructive, thanks

WannaRace Jun 1, 2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by MrMeaner (Post 7121983)
Did you really end up tuning with the cutout open or did Chris recommend otherwise. I would've gone open track use or not. I mean, regardless of where you punch it wrong or right, you'd want the performance at that time. All other times who cares about power. Nobody is going all out from light to light unless they are jackasses anyways. I'm very interested in knowing. Also, any points of interest or did Chris say anything specific about tuning with the cutout open?

Ultimately, the tune was done with the cutout open

Colt4g63 Jun 1, 2009 02:14 PM

Low #s on AMS's dyno??? Imagine that!

FWIW my car ran A LOT faster on the track then what the dyno #s told me it should run on that dyno. For what ever reason it may be, that dyno reads low IMHO and from experience. I have had my car on it MANY times now....

Ludikraut Jun 1, 2009 04:27 PM

That's gotta be a fun ride!

... makes me want to get my car back into AMS to finally get a 100oct tune ... sigh, sucks to be broke.

l8r)

yahu Jun 1, 2009 06:59 PM

How hot was it the day of the tune? I don't know why people keep thinking this is apples to apples. Get it to the track and then start comparing to other drivers there and you will know how you're doing.

WannaRace Jun 1, 2009 07:06 PM

85 F, 12% humidity

YzBrad99 Jun 2, 2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by WannaRace (Post 7123344)
85 F, 12% humidity

Just get on the track and prove to these noobs your car is fast!

joedr Jun 2, 2009 01:48 PM

Huum! I think that your combination of parts are actually the limiting factor and at that boost level I have seen Reds over 550WHP but on VP fuel. Just to give you the capability of the turbo with the right parts and fuel.

Still good numbers! However, not too happy to see the high boost thou.

I got 403/356 @ 24 PSI on 93 OCT. 82F and 52% humidity. fpgreen

I would upgrade Cams/IC and I think that a ported head will push you to 500 WHP. That will be a sweet ass evo on RedBull!

Good luck!

evoWWrs Jun 2, 2009 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by yahu (Post 7121394)
^^^definitely agreed, which is why I run 100% pump+meth. The gas up here in WA is better than CA, but it still sucks and can vary widely.

*edit - unfortunately e85 is about 30 miles one way in the wrong direction for me. Add that to the fact that you don't get as far on a fillup and it is just out of reach for me. Also, my wife puts up with my car enough but wouldn't go with the 55 gallon drum in the garage so well.

Sorry for a bit off topic OP. I'm assuming e85 is widely available to you? Do you ever do long-ish road trips? Do you have a pump tune you can switch to? If I was running e85 I would definitely be getting myself a flexfuel logo! :)

its not really flex fuel tho, you cant just put in whatever, its one or the other, unless you switch maps!!

evoracingstar Jun 2, 2009 02:18 PM

numbers is not wat it is all about... dont let people bring you down. yeah other cars make more power its just the way it is. not every car is the same.. im sure your car rips man nice numbers.

modetm Jun 2, 2009 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by colt4g63 (Post 7122235)
low #s on ams's dyno??? Imagine that!
for what ever reason it may be, that dyno reads low imho and from experience.

+1