EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Cobb AccessPORT (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport-340/)
-   -   Cobb AP: ?s on product, features, and various maps incl Perrin maps go here [merge] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/cobb-accessport/401137-cobb-ap-s-product-features-various-maps-incl-perrin-maps-go-here-merge.html)

Methodical4u Mar 17, 2009 10:55 AM

Cobb is working on adding intake maps along with their basic stage 1 maps. AEM, AMS and some drop in filter maps as well. I would wait until they can be downloaded and flashed. Many people have had their cars run pretty crappy with an intake and the stage 1 map and as mentioned above.. it's make for pretty much just a stock Evo. Give it a bit of time to be safe and then flash it with a map that is made for it, i'm sure you'll make more power anyway.

Nsomniac Mar 17, 2009 05:09 PM

AP Datalogging

Ok, let me say up front that I am completely new to the tuning world, so please be gentle. I've read the "how to tune" thread several times, and although most of it is like a foreign language to me, I'm trying very hard to get into this new world with almost no initial knowledge. I'm running the AP stage 1 93 octane map that I just installed today. A short plug - this thing is fantastic, and I couldn't be happier with my choice of purchase or the customer service I have gotten from Cobb thus far. Everything has been top notch to say the least. On to my question.

I set the AP to datalog a couple of runs today. I just downloaded them. Now that the easy part is done, I'm not sure what I should be looking for when I view the logs. Is knock retard the column I should be looking at to see if there are any problems with the way the map is running? Here's what my log looks like. Any help with explanation or pointing me in the right direction to learn more about what these numbers mean would be great. I appreciate any help I can get.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...martz/Log1.jpg

jackygor Mar 17, 2009 05:13 PM

I don't understand the numbers as well, all I know is if there it minor knocks 0.1-1 thats fine, but if you get to 3 or 4, then you might want to switch maps or turn down the BOOOSTTTTT. Stage one map should be pretty safe from what I remember.

bouncintiga Mar 17, 2009 08:03 PM

any mpg results from econ mode? I read that in econ mode you're not supposed to do spirited driving but what does that limit exactly, the rpms or how fast you accel? also the cobb ap leaves a print on the ecu even after flashing back to stock correct?

1BADEVO8 Mar 18, 2009 08:07 AM

Update?

Nsomniac Mar 18, 2009 12:03 PM

Wow, 70 views, no one knows? Honestly, even a link to more information would be worthwhile.

Thanks

Rob@cobbtuning Mar 18, 2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADEVO8 (Post 6824589)
Update?

There will be a update released tomorrow or Monday for the following:
1. AP.
2. AccessTuner Pro and Race.
3. Maps.

Thanks,

PlayinWithFire Mar 18, 2009 02:12 PM

what maps? or do we have to wait and see haha

Rob@cobbtuning Mar 18, 2009 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire (Post 6826228)
what maps? or do we have to wait and see haha

I don't believe there will be any new maps, just small revisions to the current selection.

Thanks,

goofygrin Mar 18, 2009 02:35 PM

If we have a custom map from Cobb, what is the process to getting the updated map? or can we just open it in the new ATR, save it and then reflash?

burnings Mar 18, 2009 02:43 PM

Where is the log?

Rob@cobbtuning Mar 18, 2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by goofygrin (Post 6826339)
If we have a custom map from Cobb, what is the process to getting the updated map? or can we just open it in the new ATR, save it and then reflash?

If you have ATR, you can open the map, save it, and reflash. For those using off the shelf map, we will publish new maps on our website. For those with custom maps, we will publish a link to an online map updater. Once the map is updates it must be loaded on the AP and flashed.

Thanks,

LVSBB6 Mar 18, 2009 03:04 PM

What kind of updates are in the new upcoming maps? do they run any different then the current maps?

Originally Posted by Rob@cobbtuning (Post 6826399)
If you have ATR, you can open the map, save it, and reflash. For those using off the shelf map, we will publish new maps on our website. For those with custom maps, we will publish a link to an online map updater. Once the map is updates it must be loaded on the AP and flashed.

Thanks,

Nsomniac Mar 18, 2009 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by burnings (Post 6826381)
Where is the log?

Damn, it disappeared. I'll get it back up.

Nsomniac Mar 18, 2009 05:24 PM

Now it's back? Not sure what's going on.