EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Discussion / Rumors (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/discussion-rumors-404/)
-   -   "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/discussion-rumors/580250-evo-xi-rumors-speculations-media-reports.html)

FJF Nov 13, 2011 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by asdf (Post 9741959)
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/events...ans/index.html

The advantages to diesel are growing. Also, diesel emission control systems are improving and new diesels no longer smoke or smell.

That's something for a new Evolution owner to look forward to - a subscription to DieselPower. Perhaps the followup EvoXII will prompt a flirtation with Field and Stream.

Robevo RS Nov 13, 2011 05:48 AM

diesel- easy engine set up less electrical parts + no knocking = high boost applicable + easy tune. Electric power = instant maximun tq. less moving parts -

both combined instant high max tq combined with high boost. With a good transmission gearing its a win win situation .
Diesel and electric combined = gas savings = more range.

i cant see why everyone is moaning about it yet..

i cant see the problem here.

xmaster19 Nov 13, 2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by kanyonkid (Post 9741973)
who cares about a new evo.. cherish and take care of the one u have and keep making it better and better. its nice to OWN an evo, not pay for one.. I use that car payment as a maintenance payment and couldn't be happier

Well by may of 2016, (if everything goes well) I will be a full-on mechanical engineer. Only then I plan to buy my first evo, brand new, so this kinda matters as to what I'll be buying.

I get your point though that actual evo owners shouldn't give a damn, unless they plan on changing theirs.

I guess people like to whine. Nothing will ever make 100% of the people happy.

I'll simply leave this here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKc7d...eature=related

breetstreet Nov 15, 2011 06:11 PM

Dont electric cars have an excessive amount of weight to them? correct me if im wrong but i was told the tranmission and batteries for them are an insane amount of weight.. sorry even IF they did provide enough hp on the new evos to balence the weight increase (which is doesnt look like the power is increased much at all) then it still wouldnt give the same thrill that we all know and love with our lightweight evos.. im dissapointed and i think they shouldnt call it an evo.. it is gonna be the opposite of what we expect from an EVO

ElectricBlueIX Nov 15, 2011 08:01 PM

I have my IX and that's all I need! I've loved the 4G63 since I was a little kid when my Dad bought my older brother a 1990 Plymouth Laser RS. I was amazed how well the car ran for having a 4 cylinder engine. I ended up getting one myself my senior year of high school. Then my younger brother bought one lol So we are deeply passionate of this motor. I gave up hope when they took the 4G63 out honestly. I have tried to like the X but it just does NOT appeal to me at all. I have to love everything about a car to own one. All I had to do was sit in a X when they hit the showroom floors and I knew I didn't like it. I love my IX. So this new "EVO" will not matter to me cause I got what I want.

Eblue_ix Nov 21, 2011 01:33 AM

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE 2012!!!!! SO MITSU SHOULD MAKE A 4G63T SPACE CAR! lol

jazket Nov 21, 2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Eblue_ix (Post 9762588)
WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE 2012!!!!! SO MITSU SHOULD MAKE A 4G63T SPACE CAR! lol

This! :lol:

FTY Motorsports Nov 21, 2011 04:44 AM

i still think that rolling coal in an evo is gonna be fun as hell. i have a f-250 with the 7.3 diesel. i have all the upgraded **** gtp38 turbo stage 2 injectors hpop and tune. i can light up my 100lb each* 37" tires through all gears on my AUTO tranny. that is on a 12 year old motor with 150k miles on it. the new 6.4 motors are making 1000 ft lb of torque with just tuners on them! 600hp 1000 ft lb. with just a tune. imagine that in an evo lol

FJF Nov 21, 2011 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by FTY Motorsports (Post 9762674)
i still think that rolling coal in an evo is gonna be fun as hell. i have a f-250 with the 7.3 diesel. i have all the upgraded **** gtp38 turbo stage 2 injectors hpop and tune. i can light up my 100lb each* 37" tires through all gears on my AUTO tranny. that is on a 12 year old motor with 150k miles on it. the new 6.4 motors are making 1000 ft lb of torque with just tuners on them! 600hp 1000 ft lb. with just a tune. imagine that in an evo lol

That motor, alone, weighs almost a half a ton dry. Just the motor. If the intent is to look for a lack of traction from a wildly imbalanced automobile, hey, why not?

SamsonEvoX Nov 21, 2011 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by FJF (Post 9742226)
That's something for a new Evolution owner to look forward to - a subscription to DieselPower. Perhaps the followup EvoXII will prompt a flirtation with Field and Stream.

Epic. Dude, you are too funny. This made my day. Gotta love good wit like this! {thumbup}

metalsaber Nov 21, 2011 05:41 AM

To be fair, I don't think that the EVO will fail because of this hybrid system, but more that they keep pricing themselves out of the targeted market. Lets be clear, if someone is in the market for a $40k vehicle, the EVO isn't going to be their 1st choice. Sadly govt regulations and more have increased vehicle prices over the years, but the EVO needs to be in the 25-30k price range to hit their target buyers.

WW-EvoX Nov 21, 2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by metalsaber (Post 9762745)
To be fair, I don't think that the EVO will fail because of this hybrid system, but more that they keep pricing themselves out of the targeted market. Lets be clear, if someone is in the market for a $40k vehicle, the EVO isn't going to be their 1st choice. Sadly govt regulations and more have increased vehicle prices over the years, but the EVO needs to be in the 25-30k price range to hit their target buyers.

thats what the subaru brz is for :)

Cat Nov 21, 2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by metalsaber (Post 9762745)
to be fair, i don't think that the evo will fail because of this hybrid system, but more that they keep pricing themselves out of the targeted market. Lets be clear, if someone is in the market for a $40k vehicle, the evo isn't going to be their 1st choice. Sadly govt regulations and more have increased vehicle prices over the years, but the evo needs to be in the 25-30k price range to hit their target buyers.

+1

njboy Nov 21, 2011 07:07 PM

People generally don't like change. There is nothing inherently wrong with using a Diesel in a performance car like the Evo. It will probably have a turbo and the block will probable be aluminum. It will probably be able to run many miles and make lots of low end torque. I bet the transmission will be semi automatic with 7 gears or more. Imagine a high torque low revving engine that stays in it's power band with a fast shifting transmission.
The hybrid part I'd bet will be a KERs system like F1. I guess this since Mitsubishi already has lots of experience with stability control and their system could integrate nicely with motor controls applying braking and torque to individual wheels.
I love the 4g63 and hope to keep my generation Evo for a long time.

With that said Evo stands for evolution/change and I applaud and look forward to the new technology in the next Evo.

Fast4AWD Nov 21, 2011 11:25 PM

I do think 400 miles to the tank would be {thumbup}...just convenience factor
But, do I want to pay $60K for "economy" of fuel :lol::lol::lol:

Originally Posted by kanyonkid (Post 9741973)
... cherish and take care of the one u have and keep making it better and better. its nice to OWN an evo, not pay for one.. I use that car payment as a maintenance payment and couldn't be happier

Hear, hear !! {thumbup}