EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing-16/)
-   -   19th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout, presented by Buschur Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing/532770-19th-annual-dsm-evo-shootout-presented-buschur-racing.html)

EvoDan2004 Aug 16, 2011 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hiboost (Post 9538619)
Why not just run street tires for both? Or are you trying for a new record on the drag radials?

because the hoosiers are better for drag then my nitto's. i hate the nitto tires. no records for me. i cant even hit my own goals. haha.

David Buschur Aug 17, 2011 06:55 AM

No I am not running drag radials in both events this year. I'm running a road race tire.

EVODAN, YOU CAN NOT RUN THE CAR LIKE THAT IN MAX EFFORT, ABSOLUTELY ****ING NOT. READ THE RULES. Doing so will mess up the entire event for everyone. IF you want to autocross on one tire then just sign up for the normal autocross. Then you can drag on any tire you want in the drags in any class your car fits into. YOU CAN NOT SWITCH TIRES AND SIGN UP FOR MAX EFFORT.

Jedi_Gill Aug 17, 2011 09:24 AM

I also forgot to mention, I will be unveiling my new 2011 Shirt Designs at this year this Years DSM/EVO Shootout. Every year I've been upping the ante and this year is no exception. I went with an different art style that I am sure you guys/girls will love.

Just visit the booth to check them out and Winners please don't forget to visit me with your certificates to Redeem your free Shirt.

Thanks again

Gilbert

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill (Post 9537539)
As a reminder.. I will be rewarding 4 classes as I usually do at his years DSM/Evo shootout.

The winners of these classes will receive a free T-Shirt of their choosing from my Company. GillTees.com

DSM ELIMINATOR (DSE)

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)

EVO ELIMINATOR (EE)

QUICK 16(QWK) BUSCHUR RACING

The DSM/Evo Shootout has always been the highlight of my summer, every year I choose to celebrate my birthday at this event as it lands on the same weekend. I would encourage anyone who has never attended to not miss this amazing event. This isn't only about racing, it's about the culture and community of spending time with people who are as fanatical about the 4G63 platform as yourself. Not to mention the parties at the hotels are a blast.

I will be have my tent selling shirts at this event, so winners please visit me directly after the trophy ceremony.

I will also be seriously competing, so watch out for the GillTee Evo in the Stock Appearing Class.

dtrackstar Aug 17, 2011 03:07 PM

If you win stock appearing, can I have your free shirt? hhaha

chu Aug 18, 2011 06:32 AM

Whats the weather looking like for this weekend, and potential cancelation of event? I'm making the 8hr trip from Philly, and have friends driving 11 hrs to ge tthere. We're hoping not to make the trip to get rained out!

David Buschur Aug 18, 2011 06:48 AM

No way in hell will the event be cancelled for weather.

Evosick2332 Aug 18, 2011 06:59 AM

Leaving tomorrow morning see everyone there. Had the Junk Box out last night to do some testing before Sunday. Working out some ignition issues and should be ready to go Sunday{thumbup} I plan to head over to Buschur when we get there tomorrow afternoon. See all you guys soon!!!{thumbup}

evomojo Aug 18, 2011 07:09 AM

Chu I am flying in from Texas and have been looking at the weather everyday. It's looking great! I used to live in Maryland and make the drive so I know how you feel. Get on the road man!

chu Aug 18, 2011 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by evomojo (Post 9541582)
Chu I am flying in from Texas and have been looking at the weather everyday. It's looking great! I used to live in Maryland and make the drive so I know how you feel. Get on the road man!

Hey, we're leaving here tomorrow. The car still needs a few small maintenance items before we can leave. This will be my first time to the event, so I'm looking to bring home some swag! Throw your free stuff my way please! :lol:

tsidrift1 Aug 18, 2011 07:35 AM

Weather is looking gorgeous! I am heading out about 3 in the morning tomorrow. Gonna have a long fun day a Cedar Point while were out there.

Unfortunately, my car wont be making it. :(

gt420hp Aug 18, 2011 08:09 AM

Don't worry about weather...weathermen get it wrong half the time anyways.

And if you are Autocrossing...even if it would rain, that makes it more exciting :lol: plus you don't wear out your tires as fast....

poon'dEVO Aug 18, 2011 10:54 AM

Can't wait to get off work today! Its the only thing besides 400 miles that is keeping me from the shootout!!!b

tscompusa2 Aug 18, 2011 12:11 PM

i never ran on a track before personally with my own cars, but had other people so im a noob for sure about staging.. i have some questions though.

i wanted to do some test passes with my car before actually running in the stock appearing class with my car. will we be able to actually do some test passes before any of the real competition stuff or no?

i have no idea how my cars going to respond on the track and i wanna roll it off the line first and punch it in 1st to get a feel for the grip of the track vs our public roads here so i know what to expect when launching.

David Buschur Aug 18, 2011 05:40 PM

Odd about the ignition issues you are sorting out, hope you get it. James Reese was at the shop today with his ignition he had shipped to us to put his car together. He fought ignition problems too. Multiple plug gaps and plugs and couldn't get it. I suggested just running the STOCK coils and STOCK plug wires, the car instantly came around and ran perfect! It was gratifying to say the least.

As for test passes, yes, get there at 9 am and get in the appropriate staging lane and you can get a pass or two in.

badev0 Aug 18, 2011 06:44 PM

Ready to roll. See ya guys tomorrow!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6076/...0775fa22_z.jpg