EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing-16/)
-   -   19th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout, presented by Buschur Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing/532770-19th-annual-dsm-evo-shootout-presented-buschur-racing.html)

David Buschur Jul 11, 2011 03:33 AM

The event at our shop has been great. Good for us to have an open house, sell parts and shirts. The dyno is a lot of work and I feel gets boring. I thought moving the Saturday event to the track an adding the autocross would be a lot morr exciting to watch. It also allows for a hundred people to race instead of 30 to dyno. The show and shine will be set up better, bigger more organized vendor row, full concession stands and some V8 drag racing to watch. It also allows the Max Effort guys to run their autocross runs on Saturday so they can run the drags on Sunday, much easier for them. I want to try this and see if it works better. We can always change back or add Friday to the weekend for the day at our shop.

CMB Jul 11, 2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur (Post 9450783)
The event at our shop has been great. Good for us to have an open house, sell parts and shirts. The dyno is a lot of work and I feel gets boring. I thought moving the Saturday event to the track an adding the autocross would be a lot morr exciting to watch. It also allows for a hundred people to race instead of 30 to dyno. The show and shine will be set up better, bigger more organized vendor row, full concession stands and some V8 drag racing to watch. It also allows the Max Effort guys to run their autocross runs on Saturday so they can run the drags on Sunday, much easier for them. I want to try this and see if it works better. We can always change back or add Friday to the weekend for the day at our shop.

Yea you should really keep the shop/dyno day. Thats the tradition and I bet a poll will tell you the same.

Mikey@Spec-Ops Jul 11, 2011 04:29 PM

David, so our vendor fee included an invite to your house for a party Friday night, right? ;)

Mikey

mrboost05 Jul 11, 2011 07:05 PM

whats the main hotel everybody stays at ? i was elyria last year i think it was 30 mins or so from daves shop it was a nice area but not a evo/dsm in sight .

mr2dsm Jul 11, 2011 07:29 PM

The day at the shop always felt down home and personal. It was nice to just walk down the street and check out the cars, it was always cool getting to see the inside of the shop and it all just felt like it brought everyone together in a decent way.. No matter the case... I will be there this year like i have the past 14...

poon'dEVO Jul 11, 2011 09:23 PM

I believe having the shop day on Friday would be an excellent idea. It would be a great time to meet everyone and see the cars. Its also very motivational to see the shop every year even when I am not there to have my car worked on. Meet and Greet/Dyno day on Friday!!!!!

Boltz. Jul 12, 2011 10:08 AM

David,

I feel like this is a question that I should be able to answer myself, but after reading the rules and considering to myself what they mean I am at a loss.

I would imagine that an HTA Black, Red or Green would be able to compete in a stock appearing class BUT the rules specifically say "Stock appearing turbo." Any HTA turbo or more specifically any turbo with an upgraded compressor cover does not appear stock, we can all tell that. At that point, if you are allowing those turbos, you are pretty much opening the door to the entire lineup of the ATP turbo kits which get real big.

Can you clear this up for me? I plan on running if my car has a chance at competing.

David Buschur Jul 12, 2011 11:55 PM

FP 's stock appearing turbo line all fit in stock appearing.

No invites to my house.

We can do the dyno day on Friday, anyone interested just stop by to make runs, easy enough.

David Buschur Jul 29, 2011 09:45 AM

Changes have been made to max effort drags.

The three runs you get for scoring are now mandatory to be done at 10 am, 11am and 1pm. Those are the only three chances you get, be sure to make them on time.

EvoDan2004 Jul 29, 2011 10:06 AM

Wait so the dyno day is on friday now? Or still saturday for this year? To change it now is crazy because my self and many others make vacation time from work and do not get into town until some time friday.

I am down for a fri br shop/dyno/bbq day and then whatever on saturday and drag race on sunday. Just not this year

StreetThisEvo Jul 29, 2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by evodan2004 (Post 9496102)
Wait so the dyno day is on friday now? Or still saturday for this year? To change it now is crazy because my self and many others make vacation time from work and do not get into town until some time friday.

I am down for a fri br shop/dyno/bbq day and then whatever on saturday and drag race on sunday. Just not this year

The layout of the event has been crystal clear for months.

David Buschur Jul 29, 2011 04:53 PM

Thanks Streetthisevo.....

There is NO dyno on Saturday, been like that for nearly a year. We had hoped to have an AWD dyno at the track Saturday, we did not locate one.

So we are going to dyno any cars that want to be dyno'd on Friday, $50 for three pulls. If it goes well then next year for the 20th Annual we will have a three day event with Friday as an "official" day.

EvoDan2004 Jul 29, 2011 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by David Buschur (Post 9497125)
Thanks Streetthisevo.....

There is NO dyno on Saturday, been like that for nearly a year. We had hoped to have an AWD dyno at the track Saturday, we did not locate one.

So we are going to dyno any cars that want to be dyno'd on Friday, $50 for three pulls. If it goes well then next year for the 20th Annual we will have a three day event with Friday as an "official" day.

i am not arguing with you. the last few years i have been going at the shop saturday many car's where being dyno'ed. even mine. it was 50 bucks. i didnt mean a free dyno day. i am clearly confused. ha. ill just figure it out when i get there.

EvoDan2004 Jul 30, 2011 03:55 AM

What town is the best western hotel in? Wakeman?

badev0 Jul 30, 2011 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by evodan2004 (Post 9498006)
What town is the best western hotel in? Wakeman?

Norwalk.