EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Meth Failsafe and Patches (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/314505-meth-failsafe-patches.html)

tephra Jan 3, 2008 07:58 PM

Actually the load threshold doesn't apply to the ADC0F selection code.

Jamie, can you do:
1) turn car on
2) ensure 0v is being applied to ADC0F
3) hold down the autoics button to disable altmaps - this should stop the flashing light
4) apply 5v to ADC0F - this should start the flashing ICS light
5) wait a little bit (10 secs, just for the system to sort itself out)
6) apply 0v to ADC0F - this should stop the flashing ICS light.

let me know!

edit - can you also send me a log, of ADC0F just hooking up 5v and disconnecting the 5v. Only log the ADC0F so we get the fastest possible logging speed :)

Jack_of_Trades Jan 3, 2008 08:00 PM

I stole the auto ics and manual ics wires/pins for the 5v testing,lol

tephra Jan 3, 2008 08:09 PM

oh right - i thought they were 12v inputs?

ok so when you did the flash did it just go straight to altmaps with no 5v applied to ADC0F?

Jack_of_Trades Jan 3, 2008 08:10 PM

Yeah, the alt maps were blinking from the beginning.

tephra Jan 3, 2008 08:16 PM

sux i can't test this!! grrr

Evoryder Jan 3, 2008 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash (Post 5116014)
I would suggest using an Aquamist DDS 3 gauge and sensor as the trigger for the fail safe which monitors the alcohol flow and which could be used as a signal source to switch maps

At the same time the signal can lower the boost to wastegate spring pressure

Al

captain obvious :lol:

tephra Jan 3, 2008 08:29 PM

Jamie any chance you can wire the ICS back to normal? I want take out as many differences as possible, otherwise we could be fighting false fires... if you know what I mean :)

Jack_of_Trades Jan 3, 2008 08:58 PM

So you think the ICS was activated when I flashed it??(I dont use my ICS so its always off) What about the cars with ICS code but no ICS buttons? will this be an issue that they would have occur?

I can hook up the ics wires tomorrow, my new pins should be coming in very soon, hopefully tomorrow.

tephra Jan 3, 2008 09:12 PM

yeah not sure, it shouldn't have an impact... who knows :)

Jack_of_Trades Jan 3, 2008 09:25 PM

Who else is testing it for the 9's? Fred??

Evoryder Jan 3, 2008 10:29 PM

not sure if this will work, throwing it out there..just spent 30mins on this diagram. It's a simple diode with toggle switch. The zener diode will drop the remaining voltage to a ground from the #2 pole. The diode will maintain that the ecu will only see exactly 4.7v. So if your trigger switch from you methbox/failsafe sends 12v/5.1 or whatever the diode will keep it consistent. You have 3 settings on the toggle switch. 1) 4.7v if the ecu sees this it will trigger the map swap. 2) Does nothing and will send 12v/ whatever your trigger emits. 3) 4.3v This will be basically be the off switch so if for some reason you don't want your failsafe/map switching to be part of the equation according to what teph writes if the ecu doesn't see 4.7v then it won't switch, so 4.3v will maintain the same map.

4.7v = map switch
0v = maintain current map

Diagram below. What do you think?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...zenerdiode.jpg

Evoryder Jan 3, 2008 10:32 PM

i've used diodes before successfully on other vehicles.

Jack_of_Trades Jan 3, 2008 10:38 PM

Umm, the diodes aren't going to drop a 12v source to 4.7 or 4.3 volts. We've found a 5V source on both the 8 and 9 ecu's so all you need is to have the 5v source go to pin 30 on the relay and have pin 87 go straight to the ADC input on the ECU. A diode in series will drop between .1-.7 volts, the way it seems you have it wired doesn't seem to even interupt the wire going from the relay to the ecu? You're saying have it in parallel?

EDIT: the way it works, if it see's no connection to voltage at all it runs the regular map. If it see's 5V it runs the alt map. So all you need to do is interrupt a connection from a 5v source :)

Evoryder Jan 3, 2008 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 5116722)
Umm, the diodes aren't going to drop a 12v source to 4.7 or 4.3 volts. We've found a 5V source on both the 8 and 9 ecu's so all you need is to have the 5v source go to pin 30 on the relay and have pin 87 go straight to the ADC input on the ECU. A diode in series will drop between .1-.7 volts, the way it seems you have it wired doesn't seem to even interupt the wire going from the relay to the ecu? You're saying have it in parallel?

EDIT: the way it works, if it see's no connection to voltage at all it runs the regular map. If it see's 5V it runs the alt map. So all you need to do is interrupt a connection from a 5v source :)

In the back of my head i was thinking that 12v is a little high for those diodes to maintain 4.7...i am impressed with the diagram though...my best work with MS paint:lol:

Relay,
86- trigger from meth box
30-5v source from pin on ecu(avail. both 8's and 9's)...maintain inline fuse?
87- to ecu pin for switching maps.
30 - ground

Sounds like a plan..can't wait to get this system up and running.

Jack_of_Trades Jan 3, 2008 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Evoryder (Post 5116746)

Relay,
86- trigger from meth box
30-5v source from pin on ecu(avail. both 8's and 9's)...maintain inline fuse?
87- to ecu pin for switching maps.
30 - ground

Evo 8's:

PIN 42 is map switching input (connected to pin 87 on relay)
PIN 52(still confirming it stays on under all conditions) is 5V source (connected to pin 30 on relay)

Evo 9's:

PIN 64 is map switching input (connected to pin 87 on relay)
PIN 23(still confirming it stays on under all conditions) is 5V source (connected to pin 30 on relay)

I don't think a fuse is really necessary on the 5v wire since no current is drawn at ALL, it only reads a difference in voltage potential (like a digital volt meter does). I would however put a 3 or 5 amp inline fuse on the +12V wire that powers up the relay.

Some alky kits might have a +12V trigger, some might have a trigger that is a ground so you'd just need to make sure the opposite side of the relay gets the appropriate connection to power it up.

Once we prove the new ROM coding works and I get my set of ECU pins in the mail, I'll do a full tutorial on how to add this stuff. Its gonna be a REALLY easy and a VERRRY cheap upgrade :)